Jehovah`s Witness/WHY I BEGAN DISLIKING DERRICKS RELIGION

Question
I began disliking Evangelism and Baptists because of religious lies, especially on the subject of miracles.

My beloved grandfather was dying of cancer and I was asking for info on christian miracle workers. Noone was offering a solution.

Derrick was telling me that miracles are for the unbelievers. Well, the Pharisees were unbelievers, then why didnt Jesus perform miracles to them? I asked if any miracle had happened in his life and he gave me none, just a case when he "guessed" that God was behind his actions. Oh, what a miracle...

Its simply ridiculous. In Jesus' time people were resurrected, and healed from any serious sickness. Nowdays where techonology and science rule NO MIRACLE happens. An atheist could say that only then when people were superstitious, magicians could perform tricks. Nowadays they would be exposed by technology. So thats where your religion leads...to atheism. In the world of today is the perfect time when miracles should MOSTLY happen, to prove that they are real and highter than science.

JWs gave me a logical answer that takes away the problem! They say miracles dont happen today because Paul said so. So God tests the unbelievers and leaves the deluded atheist mortals to be fed up with technology until His judgement. He can perform but he chooses not. On the other hand you say miracles happen today, but you cant provide any.

Then who is right and logical, JWs or you?

A second thing. You say youre in personal relationship with Jesus, but you have never personally conversated with Jesus. This is not a real relationship, its just an esoteric fantasy. ON THE OTHER HAND, JWs give again a logical answer!!! They say nowdays God talks through his faithful organization, not through Jesus!!! Jesus directs the faithful Watchtower organization and Jesus obeys the Father.

And JWs are the only ones who talk about the upcoming end of the world.

So Im wondering how you can answer these strong claims in favor of Jehovah's Witnesses. Derrick Holland would just reject the question, because he really cant answer.

Holland was alwaying telling me "wait and God will reveal us the answer some day". Oh "some day"... the problem is that humans need answers TODAY...not "someday".

JWs say the truth because they dont give false hopes to miracles.

Answer
Hi Christaras,

I have not checked Allexperts in a few days, so please forgive me if it took me a while to get back to you.

I am sorry that you lost your grandfather to cancer.  I understand your feelings as I also lost my grandfather to cancer.  It is traumatic and difficult to find answers outside of the Bible to find peace.  I do trust that God's thoughts are not my own, and that His plan is perfect.  I believe Philippians 4:6-7 when it says, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let all your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension shall guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."  It is this verse that has given me great peace in times of deep despair.

I cannot answer for Derrick's comments about miracles.  I don't know where he said that.  I can tell you from my experience that miracles do happen.  Without going into great detail, I will say that God has saved my daughter from death several times.  The last time occurred about two and a half years ago, and there was no scientific or technological explanation.  The doctors were completely baffled as to how she survived.  There is much more to the story, but in brevity, she simply should not be alive according to science or technology.

Now, why did God choose to save my daughter and not my grandfather?  Why did He spare her and not countless other kids who suffer atrocities across the world?  I don't know.  What I do know is that I give praise to Him for my daughter if she should live, or even if she should die.  His plan is greater than ours.  

There are a HUGE amount of groups that focus on the end of the world.  A Google search will provide that information.  In fact, the Watchtower has mentioned some of them as false prophets.  There are many more that they haven't mentioned.

As far as my relationship with Jesus...in 1 John 1:3, John says, "Our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ."  At the point he wrote this, Jesus had ascended into heaven.  How exactly did John fellowship with Jesus while Jesus was in heaven?  You said that Jesus directs the faithful Watchtower organization.  How exactly does he do that?  Does the Watchtower organization fellowship with Jesus as John did?  The most important question here is, "Who is your mediator?"  Mine is Jesus.  I go to the Father through Jesus, and not through ANYBODY else.  In John 14:6, Jesus says, "I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me."  There is no organization attached to this scripture.  You do not need an organization to go to the Father. If Christ is your mediator, you ARE part of God's organization.  All you need is Christ.  

Praise God that more and more people inside the Watchtower organization are taking the emblems.  This means that they believe that Jesus alone is their mediator.  While the Watchtower said that the door closed, and the 144,000 was fulfilled in 1935, people have ignored this statement and proclaimed Christ as their mediator.  In the 15 Jan 2000, on p. 13, the Watchtower used the decreasing number of partakers as one of "Six Convincing Lines of Evidence" that we are in the Last Days.  Right after this statement, the numbers started climbing, and the Watchtower responded by saying that many of the partakers have a "mental or emotional imbalance" Watchtower 2011 Aug 15 p.22.  The simple fact is that nearly all of those who partake today came after the "closing of the heavenly doors" in 1935.  I think it is an incredible insult to call them mentally or emotionally imbalanced.

John 6:53-57 "Accordingly Jesus said to them: "Most truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him. Just as the living Father sent me forth and I live because of the Father, he also that feeds on me, even that one will live because of me."  

You have the freedom to explore whichever religion you choose.  Religion does not offer salvation.  Salvation can only be found through Jesus Christ.  Reading the above scripture, do you know for a fact that you have everlasting life?  According to the scripture, are you going to be resurrected on the last day?  According to the scripture, are you in union with Christ?  Will you live because of Christ?

I wish you the very best Christaras.

Jehovah`s Witness

Richard