Jehovah`s Witness/Christaras' Comments....

Good morning, Brother Richard.  I hope you and your family are doing well.

I normally don't respond to Christaras any more, but I simply want to address some of the things he said in his post to you, which were absolutely and completely false.

Let me state that the reasons I have stopped responding to him, is mainly because of his name-calling, rudeness, and immaturity.  I am not going to respond to people who write me with names like "Pig", "Demon", etc.

It also seems that he has joined with some of the others, in simply inventing statements from me, and that is the part I want to address.  They have this nasty habit of saying "Derrick said", but never seem to be able to show WHERE I said it.  When I ask them where it was said, they cannot provide the statement, for some reason.  Isn't that odd?

Anyway, in regards to miracles...I just want to go on record, and state that I have never told ANYONE (let alone Christaras), that miracles do not occur today.  That's funny, since I am a Stage IV survivor of Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, and my recovery and being healthy today(almost 15 years later), is nothing short of miraculous.  I was being prayed for by countless people in various churches, and also on the internet.  And although I am thankful for my knowledgable doctors at Duke University Medical Center, I also realize that others who were there with me receiving treatments at the time I was, did not survive.  All glory goes to God, for my recovery, which was...Miraculous.

In addition to that, I know for certain that I have NEVER told him that I "guessed" God was in something.  These people invent things clear out of the blue.  I have many other instances in my life, of things happening that were DIRECT answers to prayer.  They involve finances, relationships, health issues, etc.  Let me share just one here....

When my wife was carrying my oldest son (now 19), we were told about 5 months into the pregnancy, that the baby (didn't know it was a boy then) would likely be born with Down Syndrome.  We were called in to meet with the doctor, and were  told that we should "discuss our options".  I informed them right there, that there were no "options", in regards to terminating the pregnancy.  That was our baby, and we were putting it in God's hands, and if it had Down Syndrome, then so be it.

We prayed, and had others to pray.  We went up and had our pastor pray especially over my wife and I, and he told us after praying that he felt led to tell us that "everything was okay".  Within a week, they ran more tests, and said that everything looked good.

When he was born, he almost died during delivery.  He was under an oxygen hood for 2 days, and we were told he had a hole in his heart.  We prayed and the heart murmur was gone the next morning.

I could go on and on about many other miraculous answers to prayer.  Like you, I can't know everything about the mind of God, and why some miracles happen, and some do not.  But I know one thing...God DOES work miracles, and Paul never said anything even close to "God doesn't work miracles".  That is ridiculous.

I notice how he said that the JWs gave him "logical" answers.  Unfortunately, they weren't Scriptural.  But then, since he misquotes me, maybe he misquotes them, as well.

Back to my son...He graduated high school last May, as an "A" student, and has just completed Basic Training and Advanced Individual Training in the National Guard.  He will be enrolling at a major University in the fall.

I'd say that God still works miracles.  I know of numerous people that have received miracles in their lives, and I appreciated your account that you mentioned of your daughter, as well.

Anyway, I just wanted to make that clear.  When these people post a "Derrick said", or a "Derrick told me", and there is no actual reference....Well, its a pretty safe bet, that I never said it.

Thank you for taking the time to allow me to address those comments.

Good morning Derrick,

I appreciate your stories.  It is always interesting to hear how God works in the lives of others.  

As I am sure you know, the responsibility of accuracy in quoting or paraphrasing lies with the one doing the quoting or paraphrasing.  I believe it is very important to capture the actual words of a quotation or the intent of the author when paraphrasing.  It is my hope that people will maintain a high level of honesty when using quotes or paraphrasing.  Sometimes that is the case, and sometimes it isn't.  Since I had never read anything by you as claimed in the letter, I simply stated that fact and moved on.  You have every right to address it, and I have no problem with your sending me a question to do that.

I am interested in the JW reasoning that miracles don't exist anymore.  If one of the JW experts would care to elaborate on your beliefs on that using scriptural references, I would be interested in reading them.  As I have said before, my personal experience is different.  Science and technology simply have zero explanation for why my daughter is still alive today.  God wanted me to know that it was Him and Him alone.

Regarding the questions from Christaras, you have every right to accept or reject any questions that you choose for any reason that you choose.  He has said things to and about you that have warranted that action.  Up to this point, he has maintained a standard of decorum with me that I find acceptable.  For that reason, I have chosen to continue answering his questions and sharing the gospel with him and any others who care to read my answers.  One of the former JW experts once scolded me for replying to him.  The way I see it, someone needs to share truth with him without going off on some tangent to attack others.  Why not me?

Well, that's about all I have.  Thanks for the letter.  Feel free to address any concerns through me.  And have a great weekend!

Jehovah`s Witness

I am not a Jehovah's Witness, however I can answer many questions concerning the ideas and doctrines on which they disagree with mainstream Christianity. I have spent a great deal of time in ministry with current and ex-Jehovah's Witnesses, as well as those who have started to become disillusioned with the Watchtower Organization.

Jehovah's Witnesses are generally wonderful and moral people who are zealous for God. However, in their zeal, they have pledged allegiance to what they believe is God's spirit-directed organization. This allegiance blinds them from allowing God's word alone to work in them. My hope is to share the love of Jesus Christ with all who seek salvation, no matter their label or denomination. My experiences come from the relationship that I have with Him as the source of my daily strength. These experiences create an undeniable testimony of salvation by grace through faith in the cleansing blood of the Lamb of God. Through prayer and meditation on God's holy word alone, we find truth as revealed to us through the Holy Spirit.

As the word "organization" is misleading in this particular area, I want to be clear that, as a member of the body of Christ, the label or denomination of the church I attend is not the source of my salvation. I do not go to or through any organization for official knowledge or guidance. I go to God's word alone.

I have a Bachelor and Master's Degree with extensive educational experience.