Jehovah`s Witness/DERRICK'S INABILITY OF CORRECT INTERPRETATION

Question
Hello.

I saw a letter where Derrick says I misquote him. Curious why Derrick has problem in interpreting the mind of readers/questioners. I believe my English is good, so its an interpretation problem Derrick has.

I never said "Derrick told me that miracles dont happen". In fact Evangelists and Baptists are the main believers in today's miracles in the name of Jesus.

I dont remember if Derrick had personally told me he had a disease called lymphoma, from which disease he says he was cured by a God's miracle. I only remember Derrick told me that "miracles some times happen, some times not, everything's up to God's will, God chooses to or not to".

The phrase "guessed" is my opinion, not Derrick's opinion. I mean that I believe Derrick guessed God performed a miracle. He says he's sure God cured him, but I dont believe it. Its probably just an uncertain guess he doesnt admit. If somebody has great faith in victory, he will fight and probably succeed whatever his aim is. This is no miracle from God, just a strong hope and BELIEF IN HIMSELF, a positive thought that helps improving one's health.

I will have to see a miracle myself, I dont believe in the words of other people. Even if a miracle happens, it could be Satan's work or a hoax. A great examination is needed.

Till now, I have personally seen no real miracle in the name of Jehovah or Jesus, exactly what JWs teach. I dont accept or reject them. I generally notice that JWs are right till now.

Even if this be proved wrong, it will be new light. Watchtower has no problem in updating an interpretation as light gets brighter. Only Derrick thinks he holds the one and never changing true interpretation. His choice, but for me its unwarranted as unwarranted are the other 1 millions never changing and conflicting interpretations of christian groups.

I see that only JWs are not dogmatic.

Answer
Hey Christaras,

This is what you said.   "Derrick was telling me that miracles are for the unbelievers. Well, the Pharisees were unbelievers, then why didnt Jesus perform miracles to them? I asked if any miracle had happened in his life and he gave me none, just a case when he "guessed" that God was behind his actions. Oh, what a miracle..."  

To me, you said specifically that Derrick told you that miracles are for unbelievers.  To me, you also discredited a miracle that Derrick said to have occurred in his life.  You also used quotation marks on "guessed" which means that Derrick used that exact word to describe God's reasoning behind His actions.  That is how it came across to me.  If there was some other intended meaning, I would suggest that you follow-up to explain what you meant.

For instance, in your letter above, you clarified that "guessed" was your word and not Derrick's.  Your original statement reads that Derrick "guessed".  Whether it is your guessing Derrick's miracle, or Derrick guessing his own miracle is something Derrick would find important enough to clarify.

I will agree with you that many times things are called miracles which happen to be circumstantial or easily explained away.  It tends to diminish or overshadow the fact that real miracles do happen.  Regarding the situation with my daughter, which I want to reiterate CANNOT be explained through science or technology, if someone would have told me that her miracle either did not exist, was Satan's work, or a hoax, simply because they don't believe miracles occur, I would be highly offended, and would consider that person biblically irrelevant.  I have absolutely no doubt that my daughter's miracle occurred by God's hand as the entire scenario has brought countless blessing and praise to the Father through His Son Jesus Christ.

I would encourage you to follow Jesus Christ whether or not you ever see what will convince you of the truth.  In John 20:29, Jesus said to Thomas, "because you have seen me, you have believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."  

I would like to clarify something you said regarding Christian groups...we believe that God's organization consists of those people who have made a life-long dedication to follow Jesus.  We do not look to any organization.  We look straight to the Father through His Son Jesus Christ and guidance from the Holy Spirit.  We believe that the "light getting brighter" occurs, just for individuals.  We change our interpretations of scripture based on prayerful study of the scriptures.  We believe that we can do this directly, you know, the same way that the Governing Body members believe that they can do it directly.  Even the Governing Body members have to vote on something before it is approved to be sent out, and they do not always agree.

Jehovah's Witnesses are waiting for the Governing Body members to realize something so they can in turn find out for themselves.  Imagine the freedom in knowing that you can have a direct two-way relationship with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.  

I respectfully disagree with your statement that JW's are not dogmatic.  They are dogmatic about whatever they believe at the time.  JW leaders have gone under oath to state that unity is more important than accuracy and that the punishment for anyone who professes anything different than what is being taught at that time is to be disfellowshipped.   Read the transcript of the Douglas-Walsh Trial.   To prove my point, simply ask yourself this question.  If today's beliefs are accurate, and someone had those exact beliefs ten years ago and proclaimed the differences in public, what would happen to them?  The answer is that they would be in front of a judicial committee, accused of moving ahead of Jehovah, and disfellowshipped if they didn't back down.  For what?  For speaking something that today is considered correct?  Let's take this to it's logical ending.  By disfellowshipping someone, they are preventing that person from being resurrected and living forever on paradise earth.  Wow, eliminating someone's chance at everlasting life because they were ultimately right.  

Truth that changes is not truth.  I agree with JW's that certain doctrines are steadfast.  (Of course I disagree with them on some of those doctrines)  I also agree that the light does get brighter, and our understanding and interpretations do change as we continue to learn.  Complete dogmatism on every religious topic is absurd.

You said that the millions of never changing and conflicting interpretations of Christian groups are unwarranted.  I agree with you.  I also believe that is unwarranted to mandate 8 million people to believe something when it will eventually be changed.

Thanks for the question Christaras, and as always, I wish you the best in your search.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Richard