Jehovah`s Witness/Stand firm Bro Derrick

Am glad your on the site that IS a cult bro Derrick.
Ms T seem to comment about  your name and what you wrote ( even thou she states she  never read it) !!
Strand firm Bro Derrick
Happy New Year to you & yours
Love in Chriist

Good evening, Helen.  Its good to hear from you.

I want to thank you for your kind words of encouragement.  I thank you for taking the time to write, and yes, I will stand firm.  It is almost beyond belief, how predictable some of these people are, and how easy it is to predict what they will do next.  I knew after posting what I did about the "Joseph" situation, that the board would light up with more attacks, and that is precisely what happened.  No surprises there.

Yes, you are correct.  I have noticed her a couple of times now, saying she hasn't read something of mine, and then proceeding to comment on it.  In fact, I didn't disrespect Mr. Hepburn in any way, as she claims.  I spoke out with my observations, about one of their own brethren, who is being disrespected. Mr. Hepburn did not ask me to write what I did....That was on me.  I did initially hold off in posting it, due to his request.  I even said I was holding off FOR NOW.  But when I saw the writing the next morning, with "Joseph" still continuing to distort what was going on, I decided to go ahead.  They don't need to accuse Mr. Hepburn of some sort of "compromising behavior", because I wrote what I did, because I thought it needed saying.

Its interesting that she would say that I disrespected his wishes, considering I talked with her in Private several weeks back, and mentioned to her about Mr. Hepburn's comments regarding THEIR conduct.  Although she did not say anything bad about him, she did say that "his opinion is his opinion" , indicating that no matter what he thought about their presence or conduct, she was going to continue as before.  And now she claims that I "disrespected" him, by defending him against attack?  Again, simply amazing...considering how he has been disrespected by them, time and again.

Mr. Hepburn knows the great respect that I have for him as a person, disagreements aside.  He's an example of what is right with the JW religion, and these others (Rando, Ms. T, Eddie, "Joseph", etc), are everything that is wrong with it.  

I doubt that he feels "disrespected" by me, considering how THEY have disrespected him.  I recall back almost a year ago, that Mr. Hepburn made a public plea to several of them, to change their way of writing, and to be a better example.  And he was savagely attacked by a fellow JW, accused of being a compromiser, "tolerating slander against Jehovah", being "led astray", and was also told by Rando that..."If you write me, I will not respond to you." .  

And all the guy asked for, was for JWs to ACT like they are taught to act.  They completely disrespected his wishes, have continued almost non-stop to post lies and disgrace the name of Jehovah, in spite of the fact that he has pleaded several times now for them to stop it....and now, they claim I have disrespected him by writing something in his defense, even if he didn't really want anyone to do it?  These people are amazing.  Well, at least I did what I did for the cause of the TRUTH being told, and they have slandered their own brother and accused him of compromise, all because he refuses to lie and insult people.

I seriously doubt Mr. Hepburn will feel disrespected by my post, even if its not what he wanted.  When I see someone innocent and who has conducted themselves in the RIGHT manner, being attacked and lied on, I'm just not going to sit back and let them be slandered by some guy who just "shows up" out of nowhere, COINCIDENTALLY right after Rando got publicly humiliated for his wicked conduct.  Rando is a trouble-maker, and everybody here knows it. And so is this "Joseph".  If they want to attack me, then fine.  Let them keep posting their lies, to their heart's content.  But to attack a man who didn't even WANT in the discussion in the first place....they couldn't get any more low down than that.      

Helen, I also want to take a moment here, and make another point about the varying approaches used by the different Witnesses here.  Several times now, I have given a list of Witnesses who are basically incapable of answering a question in a Christian manner, if the question happens to voice disagreement with them.  I have also listed Experts here on the JW side, who have shown that they ARE capable of doing such....Brenton, Abdijah, Carol, and Elbert.  I am yet to see ANY misconduct from those last 4 Witnesses.    

I cannot say how much I appreciated the answer given by Abdijah, in response to Christaras.  Now, Christaras is one person that either cannot figure out, or doesn't care, what a pest people think he is.  Everyone here knows he is a trouble-maker....Just read his posts, and the immature and childish manner he writes.  Only Rando wants anything to do with him, because they're just alike.  

At any rate, Mr. Abdijah spoke truth in his response.  He was kind and polite, even to Christaras.  But he was firm in letting him know that he was here to answer questions about his religion and his beliefs about the Bible, and not to debate or insult people.  He also spoke a great deal of truth, with these statements, that are worth repeating....

"I do not accept some of Derrick Holland’s religious views, and if someone asks me about a specific point he has made regarding spiritual matters, or about Jehovah’s Witnesses, I will answer those particular points. I will not insult him, and as Brenton Hepburn stated, since this site is not owned and operated by Jehovah’s Witnesses, then anyone has the right to post here, whether we agree with what they say or not."

Regarding your insulting remarks above about Derrick Holland, these tell us far more about you than they do about him."

You can't help but admire the way he handled this attempt to drag him into an argument that he has no desire to be in.  And he was spot on, telling Christaras that his manner of writing, only told us what kind of person HE is, and nothing about me.  Well done!

" As I already stated, I do not agree with some of what Derrick believes, but as far as I know he really does believe it, unlike the Pharisees who simply wanted power over the people."

That is the way a disagreement SHOULD be stated.  I believe a JW has every right to disagree with me, and even state WHY they do.  I will never disrespect anyone for that.  Very well said....He didn't attack me for the areas he believes I am wrong.  He acknowledged the sincerity of my heart, but acknowledged that he disagrees.  He let it be known that he would address what he believes is a false belief, but will not attack the person.  I respect that.

"They were also wanting to have Jesus murdered. I cannot find any account of Jesus insulting someone because they had insulted him; his remarks were always because of their wickedness and the deadly spiritual harm they could inflict upon unsuspecting persons."

Very insightful, and right on the money!  To see some of these others compare themselves and their dishonest posts, to Jesus, angels, the apostles, etc, is ridiculous.  I don't recall Jesus or the angels ever having to LIE about someone, or attack their character with FALSE statements.  Nobody is asking them to compromise what they believe, nor to cease defending it.  What they have been asked, is to stop lying, slandering, and making morons of themselves.  They don't seem to see the difference.

But Abdijah was correct in his statement here.

I admit that I have not read everything that Derrick has written, but of what I have read he seems to be rude ONLY to those who are rude or insulting to him."

Again, he is correct.  I have said some things I should not have said, in hindsight.  I have also said some things in ways that are not the best, at times.  I have a very blunt nature, as anyone will tell you.  Its something to work on.  But he is correct...I start trouble with nobody.  But I do respond when blatant lies are being told.  I thought Christians were not supposed to lie?

"As far as your last question, according to his profile, although he was raised as a Witness, Derrick was never baptized nor considered as a Witness. Therefore he is not an apostate. The Bible tells us to have nothing to do with apostates. Even so, we do not go around insulting them."

I am glad he set this part straight, as well.  I have been labeled "apostate" by those who like to slander me, even against the very definition of the word, as taught by the WT Society.  Abdijah is correct...I was never a baptized Witness, despite Rando's statements to the contrary.  And by the JW's own definition, I am not an "apostate".

"Someone who has never been a Witness but is an opposer is not in the same position as an apostate; they have never dedicated their lives to Jehovah, under the leadership of his Son Jesus Christ, and to serve with Jehovah’s spirit-directed organization, the Christian Congregation. Therefore they cannot become a traitor to the Congregation."

My respectful disagreement with Abdijah here, is that I do not view myself as an "opposer" of JWs, as I have nothing personal against them.  Many of my family, are JWs, and I love them.  I do oppose what I believe is false teaching, as they oppose what they believe is false teaching.  Nor do I agree that I have never dedicated my life to Jehovah.  I did that when I was a teenager, by placing my complete faith and trust in Jesus Christ, as my Lord and Savior.  It is true that I do not belong to the WT Organization.  

But again, his reasoning is absolutely true, and he again, disagrees with me in a very respectful manner, which I appreciated very much.

"So, with these we can have spiritual discussions, even over a cup of coffee or a meal."

And Abdijah, I don't know where you are from, but if you're ever in western NC, it would be my honor, and my treat.  

And I just wanted to let you know that I appreciated the manner in which you dealt with a trouble-maker, and I respect you for that, and would not hesitate in sending someone your way, for an answer from a JW perspective.  Its JWs like you and Mr. Hepburn, that are badly needed on this forum, to keep the others from tarnishing the reputation of the religion.

And Helen, I am truly sorry that you had to endure reading more of that ridiculous nonsense, where you (among others), were accused of being me.  It will be interesting to see if Ms. T will address that one, because she KNOWS FULL WELL that you are not me, nor is Linda me.  (In fact, I'm none of the others he accused me of being, either).  But Ms. T knows for a fact that I am not you, nor Linda, and I know this from some conversations I had with her in Private, a few weeks back.  I wonder if she will correct Rando?  She SHOULD say something...if truth matters at all, that is.

Anyway, thank you so much for writing, my Sister.  Your words are encouraging, and I appreciate your taking the time to contact me.  If I can ever be of any help to you at all, please do not hesitate to let me know.  

Happy New Year to you, and your family, as well.  And may God's richest blessings be upon you.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.