Jehovah`s Witness/Hello Sister T

Question
I stumbled across Allexperts and wanted to ask a Jehovah Witness a question but the site gave Derrick Holland has a reference in my search. After writing him he didn't say he wasn't a Jehovah Witness but admitted to being a Baptist. I was taken back and felt a little deceived. Hopefully Allepxerts will consider and correct putting someone who represents a different religion in the correct category.

My question is for a Jehovah's Witness: I started to study the Bible with two Sisters and I am learning more than I have ever did before. How do you know it's the truth?  My family wants me to stop but I want to keep learning. Husband doesn't care but I feel he is embarrassed because he doesn't believe in God.

Thank you for your help.
Pamela

Answer
Hello Pamela and thank you for writing,

All Experts permits ones who are Critics of Jehovah's Witnesses to be on here instead of on the Critics of Jehovah's Witnesses page that is set up for that very purpose.

You are to be commended for studying and I urge you to continue.  Do not stop learning about Jehovah God.  He is our creator and our life giver.  He sent his Son Jesus Christ to die so that we may live, so that we can have our sins forgiven, so that we can approach him in prayer and have the prospect of everlasting life.  

Satan is against Jehovah, since Satan is the god of this system of things at this present time, (2 Cor. 4:4) he is doing all he can to lead people away from Jehovah.  His influence on people and lies on God are tantamount. (1 Peter 5:8)

How do you know if it's the truth?  Very simple my dear, by comparing what is being taught by what the Bible says.  The Bible is the answer and the fact that you are studying, you know that the book What Does the Bible Really Teach is filled with scriptures upon scriptures proving that everything that is in that book is not mere words from men or doctrines of men, but are backed up by the Bible.  

God is in no way a mystery or confusing.  He wants us to learn about him and is why he had the Bible penned, not by angels but by men, so that we can relate to his message or letter to us.  

It's important to obey God as ruler rather than men, if you want to live.

Acts 5:27-29 "So they brought them and stood them before the San′he·drin. Then the high priest questioned them 28 and said: “We strictly ordered you not to keep teaching on the basis of this name, and yet look! you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching, and you are determined to bring the blood of this man upon us.” 29 In answer Peter and the other apostles said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men."

Because no matter how many or what people say today, Jehovah is the only true and living God. (John 17:3) Get to know him, as you learn from your Bible studies your love and faith for and in him will grow.   There's a lot of misconceptions and outright lies about Jehovah's Witnesses, but that is because Satan is behind it all.  He's God's archenemy and anyone who wants to draw close to God.  But what you have to remember is that Jehovah is more powerful than Satan, but we as humans are not more powerful than Satan.  So we must rely on Jehovah for strength and courage in serving him.  Prayer is very important, we pray to Jehovah through Jesus Christ or in the name of Jesus.  As Jesus is the means Jehovah is using for our salvation.  

My suggestion would be to continue your studies, continue to learn about Jehovah and the wonderful promises he has in store for mankind.  Draw close to God and he will draw close to you (James 4:8)

Do you attend our meetings at the Kingdom Hall?  I suggest you go because there is a wealth of information to learn there.  It's open to the public and no collections are taken.  I'm sure the two Sisters you study with would be more than happy to take you or welcome you.

I'll also include some articles for you to read:

Is There One True Religion?

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102008081

How Can You Recognize True Worship?

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2011568

Religion

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102014246

Let me know if you have more questions, or your Bible study conductors can answer as well.

Sister T

jw.org

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T