Jehovah`s Witness/Jehovah

What are the ways in Which We Can Learn About

Hello and thank you for writing,

What are the ways in Which We Can Learn About Jehovah?

Well the best way ever is from the Bible....and within the pages of the Bible there are many scriptures that help us to learn about Jehovah our Creator.  We are told from the Bible that we should read it daily.

Joshua 1:8 "“This book of the Law should not depart from your mouth, and you must read it in an undertone day and night, in order to observe carefully all that is written in it; for then your way will be successful and then you will act wisely.”  Also Psalms 1:1-3.

But it's also important that we realize that we need help.  As with the Ethiopian eunuch in Acts 8:30,31 as Philip ran along side his chariot as he was reading the Bible aloud and asked him if he knew what he was reading.  The reply is an important lesson for us today.  As he said, "Really, how could I ever do so unless someone guided me?’”

And Nehemiah 8:8 says, "“They continued reading aloud from the book, from the Law of the true God, clearly explaining it and putting meaning into it; so they helped the people to understand what was being read.”

There are spiritual and physical ways to learn about Jehovah, just look at all that he has created, the Sun, the wind, the animals the trees, when we look up we see the beautiful stars, the moon, the majestic mountains, and breathtaking scenery,  we our selves are wonderfully made.  Jehovah took the time to make these beautiful things just for our benefit and pleasure, as God doesn't live here on earth, we do.  He did all this just for us!  We learn that God wants us to be happy, to enjoy life.  We see in color, we can taste food, and we have a variety of foods to choose from.

Romans 1:20 “His invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable.”

The Bible tells us to meditate or ponder on these things, if we appreciate all that he has done for us, we'll do as he requires of us.  As we think on God and all he has done for us and continues to do we learn more and more about him and love him, and others.

1 Timothy 4:15 “Ponder over these things; be absorbed in them, so that your advancement may be plainly seen by all people.”

The Bible tells us to 'incite to love and fine works', when we meet together as a people and listen and talk about our Creator, that love is expressed.

Hebrews 10:24, 25 “Let us consider one another so as to incite to love and fine works, not forsaking our meeting together.”

Also learning about Jehovah helps us to realize that we need him, our heartfelt prayers in gaining wisdom is something that God wants to give to honest hearted ones.

James 1:5 “If any one of you is lacking in wisdom, let him keep asking God, for he gives generously to all and without reproaching, and it will be given him.”

Hope that helps.

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)