Jehovah`s Witness/Matt. 28:19

QUESTION: Hi Sister T. I have seen that you have not really said anything either way about the subject of Matt 28:19 and its supposed corruption. Rando has been on it constantly and Eddie seems afraid to answer one way or the other so I was hoping that you might weigh in with your thoughts. Of course if Rando is right then that would also mean the bible printed by your own religon is in error. If Rando is wrong then what he is doing is pretty serious, the way I see it.  Could you please weigh in with your thoughts on this subject? Thank you.

ANSWER: Hello Scott,

Honestly Scott, my thoughts on the matter are irrelevant.  I don't think anyone is afraid to weigh in on anything, it's mainly because people like to lie and take what is said out of context. I don't need to weigh in on things just because someone has spoken about it.  If a person is a truth seeker then they will always seek truth...being a baptized JW doesn't mean you stop seeking truth.  True Christians seek truth...non Christians do not, it's as simple as that..

The Bible is translated from manuscripts...we did not write the Bible ourselves.  It's TRANSLATED from the older manuscripts.  Thousands upon thousands were discovered.  

Many Bible's have spurious content, most were caught and corrected, there may be some that was not caught and corrected.  But like I said, when a person is a TRUTH SEEKER and something doesn't add up to the rest then questions are raised.  

There is nothing wrong with seeking truth, Jehovah in fact says we should search, not only search but dig for it like hidden treasures.  

This is an important scripture that you should read:

2 Thes 2:9-12 "But the lawless one’s presence is by the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders 10 and every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth in order that they might be saved. 11 That is why God lets a deluding influence mislead them so that they may come to believe the lie, 12 in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness."

Moving on, let's look at the facts.

What does the Bible tell us before Jesus came to earth, did Jehovah who is God the Father have people get baptized in his name?  I don't recall seeing that.  The covenant Jehovah made with Abraham was for all males to get circumcised.

Gen 17:9-10 "God said further to Abraham: “As for you, you are to keep my covenant, you and your offspring after you throughout their generations. 10 This is my covenant between me and you, that you and your offspring after you will keep: Every male among you must get circumcised."

If anyone wanted to worship God along with Abraham's descendants they had to get circumcised

Gen. 17:12-14 "Throughout your generations, every male among you eight days old must be circumcised, anyone who is born in the house and anyone who is not one of your offspring and who was purchased with money from a foreigner. 13 Every man born in your house and every man purchased with your money must be circumcised, and my covenant in your flesh must serve as a lasting covenant. 14 If any uncircumcised male will not circumcise the flesh of his foreskin, that person must be cut off from his people. He has broken my covenant.”

During the time of Moses this was also the case if the person wanted to worship Jehovah in his temple and eat the passover along with the Israelites they had to get circumcised. (the name Israelites is taken from the name Israel who is Jacob, Abraham's grandson, who had his named changed from Jacob to Israel (Gen 32:28)):

Exodus 12:43-44 "Then Jehovah said to Moses and Aaron, “This is the statute of the Passover: No foreigner may eat of it. 44 But if someone has a slave man who was purchased with money, you should circumcise him. Only then may he share in eating it."

What was the reason that the Israelites were baptized into Moses?  Jesus was the greater Moses.

That a congregation of people can, so to speak, be baptized or immersed into a liberator and leader is illustrated by the apostle Paul when he describes the congregation of Israel as being “baptized into Moses by means of the cloud and of the sea.” There they were covered with a protecting cloud and with the walls of water on each side of them, being, symbolically speaking, immersed. Moses foretold that God would raise up a prophet like himself; Peter applied this prophecy to Jesus Christ.

1 Cor. 10:1,2 "Now I want you to know, brothers, that our forefathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea 2 and all got baptized into Moses by means of the cloud and of the sea,"

De 18:15-19 "Jehovah your God will raise up for you from among your brothers a prophet like me. You must listen to him. 16 This is in response to what you asked of Jehovah your God in Ho′reb on the day of the assembly when you said, ‘Do not let me hear the voice of Jehovah my God or see this great fire anymore, so that I do not die.’ 17 Then Jehovah said to me, ‘What they have said is good. 18 I will raise up for them from the midst of their brothers a prophet like you, and I will put my words in his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him. 19 Indeed, I will require an account from the man who will not listen to my words that he will speak in my name."

Ac 3:19-23 “Repent, therefore, and turn around so as to get your sins blotted out, so that seasons of refreshing may come from Jehovah himself 20 and he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus. 21 Heaven must hold this one within itself until the times of restoration of all things of which God spoke through the mouth of his holy prophets of old. 22 In fact, Moses said: ‘Jehovah your God will raise up for you from among your brothers a prophet like me. You must listen to whatever he tells you. 23 Indeed, anyone who does not listen to that Prophet will be completely destroyed from among the people.’ "

John the Baptist, was the first human authorized by Jehovah to perform water baptism for repentance of their sinning against the Law of Moses.

The baptism performed by John was therefore not a special cleansing from God through his servant John, but a public demonstration and symbol of the individual’s repentance over his sins against the Law, which was to lead them to Christ. (Ga 3:24) John thereby prepared a people to “see the saving means of God.” (Luke 3:6) His work served to “get ready for Jehovah a prepared people.” (Luke 1:16,17) Such a work had been prophesied by Isaiah and Malachi.  (Isa 40:3-5; Mal 4:5,6.)

Since God no longer recognized the Law covenant with the circumcised Jews but now recognized only his new covenant mediated by Jesus Christ, natural Jews, whether circumcised or uncircumcised, were not considered by God as being in any special relationship with him. They could not attain to a status with God by observing the Law, which was no longer valid, nor by John’s baptism, which had to do with the Law, but were obliged to approach God through faith in his Son and be baptized in water in the name of Jesus Christ in order to have Jehovah’s recognition and favor.  

Jesus is Jehovah's means of salvation, Jesus made it possible for our sins to be forgiven.  Jesus made it possible for us to be reconciled to God, Jesus made it possible for us to approach God in prayer through his name, so ONLY in Jesus' name can these things be possible for us.  Jehovah did not come down here and die for us, he sent Jesus, Jehovah cannot die and never will, he is not a man and never has been. (Numbers 23:19) Jesus did this for us so there is no need to be baptized in the name of the Father, his provision through Jesus was that means.  The holy spirit is not a person it is a force from God.  Being baptized WITH holy spirit is not the same as being baptized in the name of Holy spirit.  Being baptized with holy spirit is talking about something totally different than water baptism.  For example, Jesus' disciples were already baptized by John when they became apostles of Jesus.

Those who would dedicate themselves to Jehovah on the basis of faith in the resurrected Christ, get baptized in symbol of that, and do God’s will for his servants would be saved from the present wicked world.

Gal. 1:3,4 "May you have undeserved kindness and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 4 He gave himself for our sins so that he might rescue us from the present wicked system of things according to the will of our God and Father, "

Is that verse in Matthew spurious or not?  It remains to be seen....but one thing is a fact....truth seekers learned the truth from reading the KJV Bible with all its numerous upon numerous errors and spurious texts.   So the truth is still going to shine through and one can learn about God from the Bible even though Satan has tried so very hard to hinder that.

Satan's lies will not prevail....the TRUTH is here to stay, the lies of Satan are being overturned!  

That's all that I have to say on the matter.  I'm sure people will pick it apart. I do not care about the opinions of opposers of my God, Jehovah.  If a person can deny Jehovah the Almighty God they are no Christian or truth seeker.   I'm only on Jehovah's side and Jehovah is about TRUTH!  (John 4:23,24) Jesus said the truth shall set you free (John 8:32)

Prov 2:1-6 "My son, if you accept my sayings And treasure up my commandments, 2 By making your ear attentive to wisdom And inclining your heart to discernment; 3 Moreover, if you call out for understanding And raise your voice for discernment; 4 If you keep seeking for it as for silver, And you keep searching for it as for hidden treasures; 5 Then you will understand the fear of Jehovah, And you will find the knowledge of God. 6 For Jehovah himself gives wisdom, From his mouth come knowledge and discernment."

Take Care,

Sister T

QUESTION: Well thanks for the reply but to be honest,I just don't see where you answered the question. After reading through everything I still don't know what you think about the verse. But that's okay. The way I see it, this is a question of preserving the word of God, vs his allowing corruption to come in. And if that verse is wrong then it's wrong in your bible, too. This was not a question about the kjv, or Mr.Holland either if that comment was directed at him. All due respect Sister T, but he isn't the one who likes to lie and take things out of context. That's the ones in your religon doing that. I read this board and I know the score on that count. Please don't try to tell me what to see. I just wanted to know your view which I guess I'm not going to know. It's just you talk so much about truth and even did it in this answer. But when it comes to taking a real stand you seem reluctant. The way I see it, if that verse is wrong then no bible around got it right, and even your religons members dont have a valid baptism.

Anything at all you can add to your answer?

Hello again Scott,

I'm sorry you feel that I didn't give you the answer you wanted. You asked for my thoughts and that's what you got.  I most certainly am not going to debate with you regarding MY thoughts.  When a person asks for another person's thoughts, there is no such thing as not answering if they replied regardless if you like the response or not.  I think my response just went over your head especially from your KJV remark and about not having a valid baptism remark.  So with that said, I'll leave you with that.  

Regarding the other you said, you are welcome to your opinion about JW's.  

Have good day

Sister T

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)