Jehovah`s Witness/(Publish this one instead). Brenton and Abdijah

Question
"Hi Sister T

Hope you are well.

I'm sorry I made a mistake on my last post please publish this one instead.

I wanted to respond to a few concerns I had about Bro Hepburn and now it appears Abdijah. I understand you don't want to get involved and I respect that all I ask is that you allow me to express my concerns to these two brothers in a public setting. I'm not even looking for you to comment on this. How about at the end you just give us another one of your experiences that I so like reading:-)

I have written privately to Bro Hepburn previously but he fails to get the point I was making so i'd like to address that now.

It is highly naive to believe that Derrick Holland is simply misinformed about our beliefs and is not lying about them. This man has been on this forum for 15 years and claims to have extensively studied our doctrines. That being the case then he is clearly blatantly lying about what we believe. It's ridiculous to claim that he is just simply misinformed and doesn't have the facts. I'm sorry but that just shows the height of naivety.

My second point is this .Whether the Pharisees and Saducees were in a covenant relationship with Jehovah or not is completely irrelevant. When both Peter and Steven denounced the Jewish leaders they weren't in a covenant relationship then nor were the nations who had their false worship destroyed by the Israelites. This scripture keeps popping up completely misconstrued by these two brothers.

"But sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone who demands of you a reason for the hope you have, but doing so with a mild temper and deep respect"

Are we expected to believe that we should defend our faith against even those who ask for ulterior motives?

Here's an example . I was at work and an opposer was bragging at how he kept witnesses at his door so that they couldn't call on others. Are we expected to believe that we need to waste time with these ones because we have to make a defense?.Are we expected to believe that the bible legislates here for those who blatantly lie to others about our Father in front of our very faces. That is pure nonsense. The bible is not leglisating for that here in fact it doesn't legislate for that at all. Peter is clearly talking about us being persecuted for our faith and the principle would certainly stretch to those who insult us personally. He is not talking about those who defame our Father and slander him in front of our faces. I write because I am very concerned about these two brothers and the fact that they miss the context of the entire verse and that they miss the bibles lessons on how to deal with slanderers of our Father. I do wonder if they have read some of the older statements and letters by brothers like Rutherford and Knorr and how they dealt with false religions lies. If they have not then I suggest they make that an assignment.

I would just like to finish by saying sometimes this forum get's ridiculous constant back and forth stuff going on. If it was me I would just entirely ignore Derrick Holland he just wants to be noticed and cause trouble the witnesses here need to learn to walk away.

Much brotherly love to you."

Answer
Hello and thank you for writing,

I will be happy to post up another experience....

From JW Yearbooks:

"FEARLESS FIGHTERS FOR TRUTH

In those early years, the small band of evangelizers fearlessly defended the truth. In Nylstroom, Northern Transvaal (now Limpopo Province), two schoolboys read the booklet What Say the Scriptures About Hell? They were thrilled to learn the truth about the dead. One of them, Paul Smit,* said: “Nylstroom became a center of commotion, as if struck by a cyclone, as we two schoolboys made it known in no uncertain way that the doctrines of the church were false. Within a short while, all sorts of people were talking about this new religion. The clergy, of course, played their well-known role of those who misrepresent and persecute God’s people. Their weekly sermons for months, even years, centered on this ‘false religion.’” Nevertheless, by 1924 there was a small group of 13 active publishers in Nylstroom.

In 1917, Piet de Jager was studying theology at the university in Stellenbosch. A fellow student was reading and talking about literature published by the Bible Students. This worried the church authorities, who asked Piet to talk to this student and invite him to attend a weekly Bible study organized by the Christian Students Association. The outcome was not what the authorities had in mind. Piet himself accepted the truth. After fruitlessly debating with his professors about the soul, hell, and other matters, he left the university.

Later, a public debate was arranged between Piet and a Dutch Reformed doctor of theology, Dwight Snyman, with an audience of 1,500 students. Brother Attie Smit described the proceedings: “Piet pinned down this learned doctor on every point and proved from the Bible that the church had unbiblical doctrines. One of the students summed up his own view, ‘If I did not believe that Piet de Jager was wrong, I would swear that he was right because he proved everything from the Bible with scriptures!’”"

Brotherly Love,

Sister T

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T