Jehovah`s Witness/Some questions

Question
Hello Sister T,
My girlfriend says that you really give good, solid Bible answers to Bible questions. I have a series of questions that I have been seeking the answers for a long time and my minister at church has always given me the run around and told me to read the Bible for myself and God will give me the answers to my questions. I told him in so many words, that if I do that then I don't need him or his church and I have quit going to his services. Since then, he has contacted me and apolozized but I am ignoring all future calls. I am sick of all this baloney they try to teach us at church But what it all boils down to, they want money for this and money for that and then they spend half of church time saying mundane things that don't haVE ANYTHING ABOUT gOD. tHE WHEN HE STARTS HIS SERMON, 10 MINUTES LATER HE'S FINISHED AND i HAVE NOT LEARNED A DARN THING BUT i HAVE WAISED NEARLY TWO HOURS.

Here's my questions:
1. As a Christian, if someone has done us wrong, is it OK to take some kind of revenge against them or perhaps hold the grudge against them?
2. I am a baptist but I have been asked to be a brides-maid at a Catholic churc and my minister says I can't.
3. Why are Christians disliked by the majority of people around the world?
4.I read somewhere that the apostle Paul really came down hard when he wrote to the Hebrew Christians. If he did, I was wondering why and can we learn a lesson from this?
5. To be an example with strong conviction for God's Word, how can I show that nothing can turm me away from God's Word?

Thanks Sister T for taking my questions and I hope I haven't asked too much of you.

Apple Toliver

Answer
Hello Apple and thank you for writing,

I will do my best to answer your questions.  Sadly today many people are disillusioned by the Churches, many have unanswered questions that their so called pastor is unable or unwilling to answer, but then turn around and keep asking for money.  I'll paste your question and then reply under each one.

Jesus founded Christianity and as Christians we would not take revenge against someone who has wronged us or hold a grudge.  The Bible tells us not to return evil for evil.  And if we want to be forgiven by God then we cannot hold grudges but we must forgive others.  

Romans 12:17 "Return evil for evil to no one. Take into consideration what is fine from the viewpoint of all men."

Mark 11:25 "And when you stand praying, forgive whatever you have against anyone, so that your Father who is in the heavens may also forgive you your trespasses.”

That decision is really up to you as an individual.  For example, I'm a Jehovah's Witness and let's say I was invited to a wedding in a church, would the elders of my congregation forbid me to go?  No, they would not because they are not the masters over my faith (2 Corinthians 1:24)  And if I asked their opinion they would warn me against participating in anything that would go against Bible teachings.  Like in my case, I know that Catholics do communion in Church, so I would not participate in any of that, or in their prayers, because we do not serve the same God.  But I would remain respectful.  It's up to an individual if they are able to refrain from participating or if it would be too hard for them or make others feel uncomfortable, but it's really up to the individual.

True Christians who follow the Bible are hated because Satan is the god of this system of things, (2 Corinthians 4:4; 1 John 5:19).  The air is saturated with his evil influence (Ephesians 2:2) and Satan is trying to get everyone to turn against Jehovah as he hates Jehovah and his creations, which is us.  Jesus said that anyone who truly followed him would be hated, (Matt 24:9; John 17:14) especially by false Christians, as all people who claim to be Christians are not.  There are false Christians who twist the scriptures and lie about what the Bible really teaches. (Matt 24:11; 1 John 2:18,19).  Jehovah's Witnesses are especially hated the world over because we obey Jehovah as our Sovereign and no one else. We worship “him alone” and will never compromise on his righteous laws and principles.  (Matthew 4:10)

When you say Hebrew Christians are you referring to Jews or do you mean the Bible book he penned called Hebrews?

Paul wrote to many different Christian congregations and if there were things that they were practicing that were against Bible teachings and the teaching of Jesus, then it needed to be corrected because their lives were at stake.  Practicing wrong doing is not tolerated.  It's better for a person to be corrected than for them to lose out on their life.  Yes, the lesson for us is the examples of ones who did wrong and their outcomes and of ones who did right and their outcome.   As the Bible says the things that were written beforehand were written for our instruction (Romans 15:4).

That helps us today to see what is acceptable to God and what is not.  Let me know if you are referring to anything specific.

5. To be an example with strong conviction for God's Word, how can I show that nothing can turn me away from God's Word?

To be an example you first need to come to know and love Jehovah God, because God has requirements so you must conform your life to God's ways.  The only way you can do that is by learning about him through the pages of the Bible.   Also you need to pray to Jehovah for his holy spirit, because we can't serve God with our own strength we need his help.  Strong faith is needed so as to not turn away from God's word.  We were all born with a spiritual need but not with faith.  Faith is not a possession of all, we have to acquire it. (2 Thes. 3:2)

You will need to accept what the Bible teaches over doctrines of men.  As I mentioned there are many false teachers in the world as the Bible says.  The Bible does not contradict itself, if what you are being taught does not go along with the Bible then you need to find ones who do go along with the Bible, not just parts but all.  

Today those people are Jehovah's Witnesses...we offer free home Bible studies to interested ones.  As you learn about God and how he truly is, the love he has for people, your love will grow for him in return.  And your faith in him will grow.  The fear of God is the beginning of knowledge (Proverbs 1:7)  That fear is not a morbid fear, but a reverential fear, the fear of displeasing him.  For instance, when you love someone very much, you do not want to do anything to displease them.  In order to know what displeases God we need to go to the letter he wrote specifically to us, the Bible.  

You can learn so very much, like what is acceptable to God, how you can be God's friend like Abraham was (James 2:23), you can learn about many of life's questions that you may have, such as why does God permit suffering and is he to blame for suffering, is God cruel and does he burn people alive in hellfire forever and ever?  Should we fear the dead and do we have to appease the dead?  Why do we grow old and die?  Does life have a purpose and if so what is it?  Will I ever see my dead loved ones again?  What happens to us when we die?  Is this world going to go on like it is now forever?

You do not have to join anything to have a free Bible study, and at your convenience.  The wealth of information that you will receive is invaluable, and you will be able to make an informed decision, rather than being left in the dark as is what's happening to you at your church now.  

https://www.jw.org/en/free-bible-study/

Also on our website, you can find a host of information, all the answers to those questions are in this book along with scriptures to back up every single word.

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-teach/

Also, feel free to ask me any more questions that you may have, I'll do my best to answer from the Bible.

Take care,

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T