Jehovah`s Witness/What is your Religion?

Question
Are you a Jehovah's Witness? Your profile is not too clear. In what ways do your spread the word of God, any sites I can visit?

Thank you.
Pamela

Answer
Hello, Pamela.  Thank you for writing.

Well, I certainly try to make my profile clear.  I have gone back and looked at it, and it states my religion as being a born again Christian, and also states that I have never been a baptized JW.  I try to make that point clear, so people will know that my answers will not have a JW slant to them.

Now, if you are wanting to know what KIND of church I attend, then you are correct that I do not have that listed.  I don't mind telling you, since you have asked.  I attend an Independent Baptist Church.  I did not put that in my profile, because I am not emphasizing the Baptist group, but rather, a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.  I am not here to make people into Baptists, but to give them the Gospel, and hopefully shed some light on Bible doctrine.  I am not interested in promoting doctrines unique to the Baptist belief, but rather, what the Bible says.  Baptist doctrine has to line up with the Bible, as well as JW doctrine has to, for it to be valid.  I believe about 98% of Baptist teaching does....although there is a Baptist teaching or two, that I don't necessarily see eye-to-eye with.  The Scripture has to be the final authority on everything.

As far as how I spread the Word of God....I did have a web site at one time, but it is no longer active.  I spread the Word in various ways.  I teach a Sunday School class of between 80-100 people.  I also preach the Word of God, not only in my church on occasion, but in other churches as well.  I try to share Christ on my job, or wherever an opportunity presents itself.  I do some street witnessing, as well.  Our church has a bus ministry, which reaches out to 4 surrounding towns, and brings families who have no means of getting there, as well as children who come from homes where their parents are drug addicts, abusers of alcohol, etc.  The bus ministry is the primary outreach of our church.

I hope this has answered your question.  If not, then please feel free to follow up.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland