Jehovah`s Witness/Resurrection according to Derrick

Question
Derrick the Dutch rejects my questions. He's clearly here not to give answers to sincere questions. He only repeats an unexplained and illogical dogma, which he accompanies with the terror of eternal punishment in case of rejection.

How could Jesus rise with a literal fleshy body, if he was promising a heavenly reward to the apostles?

If youre an evangelist, do you sincerely believe that fleshy bodies can exist up in the heavens? Do you believe they have wings? In the past I had came across an evangelist book where a man who dies, gets wings in order to reach paradise in heavens.

If the heavenly life is the same as the earthly that Solomon describes, that is subject to change, lust and lack of fullness, whats the difference that evangelists see? Do evangelists believe that people have literal bodies that need food and drink up there next to God?

Answer
Hi Christaras.

I see that there is a legitimate question in there, so I will address that.

First I would rather call myself an evangelizer than an evangelist. An evangelizer is a teller of the good news or a preacher of the gospel, whereas an evangelist, while technically the same thing, is often associated with religious groups who believe a number of things not found in the Bible.

Now, as to the body in which Jesus was resurrected, we read in 1 Corinthians 15:44, 45 of the KJV this: “It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body.  There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written, the first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening [life-giving] spirit.”

In that passage the last Adam is Jesus, so it plainly states that he was resurrected as a spirit being.

To back that up, please consider this information:

“For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.” — 2 Corinthians 5:1 , KJV .

So the fleshly body of humans resurrected to heavenly life will be dissolved. Also we know that those resurrected to heavenly life will be like Jesus — “Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.” —  1 John 3:2 , KJV .

We read on several occasions where Jesus appeared to people in a fleshly body, but it is evident that he had materialized this in each case so that he could be seen because spirit beings are invisible. It should not be surprising since angels have done this in the past, such as recorded in Genesis 18:8 & 19:1—3 for example.

Do fleshly bodies inhabit heaven? No, for we read that “. . . flesh and blood cannot inherit God’s kingdom. . . .” (1 Corinthians 15:50 )

There are other passages that refer to the majority being resurrected in our fleshly bodies, such as Job 33:25 . These will live forever in good health under peaceful conditions on a paradise earth. (Psalm 37:9—11, 29; Proverbs 2:21, 22; Isaiah 33:24; 35:1—10; Matthew 5:5; Revelation 21:3—5 ; and many others.)

Abdijah

Jehovah`s Witness

Abdijah