Jehovah`s Witness/Romans 10: 9-13

Question
In the NWT verse 9 says "For if you publically declare that word in your own mouth that Jesus Is Lord ...............You will be saved".
Verse 13 says "For everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.

You very own Bible declares Jesus to be JEHOVAH! The light has now come to you. What are you going to do with this new light?

Answer
Hello Timothy,

It all boils down to whether or not you are willing to believe the Bible that's authored by God or if you'd rather believe doctrines of men.  

No where in the Bible does it say that Jesus is Jehovah.  Jesus never said it, Jehovah never said it, the Bible writers never said it, and Paul who penned Romans isn't saying it.  

That scripture at Romans in no way says or even comes close to implying that Jesus is Jehovah. plus you left out important words that proves that there is more involved than just believing.

Romans 10:9-13 "For if you publicly declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one exercises faith for righteousness, but with the mouth one makes public declaration for salvation. 11 For the scripture says: “No one who rests his faith on him will be disappointed.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek. There is the same Lord over all, who is rich toward all those calling on him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”

Here Paul is quoting from Joel 2:32 "And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved..."

The Bible does not contradict itself...Jehovah's name is the same for all time he never changed his name in fact he said that Jehovah would be his name forever!

Exodus 3:15 "....‘Jehovah the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever..."

Malachi 3:6 "For I am Jehovah; I do not change...."

Paul also showed that he prayed to God the Father through the Lord Jesus Christ.  Not that he prayed to Jesus or that Jesus is Jehovah.  That scripture in no way says Jehovah is Jesus.

Romans 1:7-9 "May you have undeserved kindness and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.  8 First of all, I give thanks to my God through Jesus Christ concerning all of you, because your faith is talked about throughout the whole world. 9 For God, to whom I render sacred service with my spirit in connection with the good news about his Son, is my witness of how without ceasing I always mention you in my prayers"

Paul penned Romans and Paul also penned other Bible books such as Corinthians and Ephesians.  We see for a fact that Paul never said Jesus was Jehovah or even implied it. In fact he said the very opposite, Paul said what the entire Bible also says and shows, that Jehovah is the God and Father of Jesus Christ.  Not that Jesus is Jehovah.

2 Corinthians 1:3 "Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ..."

Ephesians 1:3 "Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ..."

Again, we see that Paul never said that Jesus is Jehovah.  He said the exact opposite.  

If that isn't enough facts for you, again, Jesus himself never said he was Jehovah, this would have been a perfect time for him to say he was Jehovah but he never ever said that, he said he had a God.  And what is also noteworthy is that Jesus said he had a God and Father AFTER he was resurrected from the dead.  So even though he had not gone to heaven yet, he was no longer a human with flesh and blood.  He was a spirit person again....and in that state he said he had a God and Father.

John 20:17 "Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’”"

So Timothy you can go on believing the lies of men or you can start believing what the Bible clearly says.  Why fight against the Bible?  Is that what you think is right in the sight of God to fight against his Word the Bible and believe doctrines of men over and above what the Bible itself says?  Because that's what you are doing whether you want to believe it or not.

No matter how hard you search the Bible you will never find nor prove Jesus is Jehovah because it's a lie and it's not in the Bible!  It is one of the many lies spewed by Satan the father of the lie!  (John 8:44)

The only thing that is being done is twisting the Scriptures, saying they don't mean what is clearly there.  That's mind control and brainwashing at its finest!

<<<Quote>>>

Jesus warned: “People will deliver you up to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name.” (Matthew 24:9) Commenting on this verse, Irish cleric John R. Cotter wrote in 1817: “Their [Christians’] endeavours to reform the lives of mankind by their preaching, so far from making the people feel grateful, would, in reality, cause them to hate and persecute the disciples for exposing their vices.” Such persecutors do not “accept the love of the truth that they might be saved.” For this reason, “God lets an operation of error go to them, that they may get to believing the lie, in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness.”—2 Thessalonians 2:10-12.

<<<End Quote>>>

Take Care

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T