Jehovah`s Witness/True Confession

Question
When is true confession for you? Romans 14:11  says every knee will bow and every tongue will confess to God.
Who do we confess to?
Phil 2:10 says that at the name of JESUS every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord.
According to the text Romans we confess to God but Phil. 2:10 tells us that we are confessing TO JESUS. We call Him LORD AND GOD.

Do you confess Him NOW or when it is to late? The word Lord means Jehovah.

Answer
Hello Timothy,

Again what you provide does not in anyway say or even prove that Jesus is Jehovah...let's read the entire scripture since you like to leave out the parts that make what you say incorrect.

Romans 14:11 (NKJB) "For it is written, As I live, saith the LORD, ( Jehovah Isa 49:18; Isa 45:21-23 ) every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God"  (http://www.dnkjb.net)

So it is clear here that this scripture is speaking about Jehovah God. As he is the supreme sovereign of the Universe!  Timothy, evil men have removed God's name from certain scriptures in the Bible, this confuses many people.  Why?  Because they replace Jehovah, which is God's personal name (Ps. 83:18) with a mere non personal title of Lord or LORD.  

Now in Phil 2:10 it says (NKJB)  "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father"  (http://www.dnkjb.net)

Do you see that there, you left it out...it says "every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father"

Why did you leave that part out?  Because it clearly shows that Jesus is not Jehovah, and it clearly says that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.  It no where implies because in Romans it says to bow and in Philippians it says to bow that they are one in the same.

In Phil 2:9, it says (NKJB) "Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:" (http://www.dnkjb.net)

Again if Jesus was GIVEN a name by God, then he was EXALTED by God, then Jesus can not be God.  Who can exalt Jehovah and give him a name or check his hand and ask him what he's been doing?  NO ONE!  

If that was the case, then Abraham would be Jehovah.  As Sarah called Abraham Lord!  Many people used that term in the Bible.

Gen. 18:12 (NKJB) "Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?" (http://www.dnkjb.net)

Yet Abraham's name isn't "lord" it's Abraham, and he definitely is not God!  

The Bible says there are many lords and many gods!  

1 Cor 8:5,6 (NKJB)  "For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) 6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him." (http://www.dnkjb.net)

But there is only ONE Jehovah who is God the Father in the Bible and nowhere does he change into another form or take on a different name.  He has many titles, and Lord includes one of many titles that God has.  Jesus is our Lord, using Lord does not make Jesus God!

Lord means master or owner, it is a title of respect.  The word Lord does not mean Jehovah.  You want what you believe to be true Timothy, but it's not!   Again, when will you accept what the Bible says?  Whoever is teaching you these falsehoods should be ashamed of themselves!  

<<<Quote>>>

The Greek and Hebrew words rendered “lord” (or such related terms as “sir,” “owner,” “master”) are used with reference to Jehovah God (Eze 3:11), Jesus Christ (Mt 7:21), one of the elders seen by John in vision (Re 7:13, 14), angels (Ge 19:1, 2; Da 12:8), men (1Sa 25:24; Ac 16:16, 19, 30), and false deities (1Co 8:5). Often the designation “lord” denotes one who has ownership or authority and power over persons or things. (Ge 24:9; 42:30; 45:8, 9; 1Ki 16:24; Lu 19:33; Ac 25:26; Eph 6:5) This title was applied by Sarah to her husband (Ge 18:12), by children to their fathers (Ge 31:35; Mt 21:28, 29), and by a younger brother to his older brother (Ge 32:5, 6). It appears as a title of respect addressed to prominent persons, public officials, prophets, and kings. (Ge 23:6; 42:10; Nu 11:28; 2Sa 1:10; 2Ki 8:10-12; Mt 27:63) When used in addressing strangers, “lord,” or “sir,” served as a title of courtesy.—Joh 12:21; 20:15; Ac 16:30.

Jehovah God. Jehovah God is the “Lord of heaven and earth,” being the Universal Sovereign by reason of his Creatorship. (Mt 11:25; Re 4:11) Heavenly creatures speak of him as “Lord,” as reported at Revelation 11:15, which says: “Loud voices occurred in heaven, saying: ‘The kingdom of the world did become the kingdom of our Lord [Jehovah] and of his Christ.’” Faithful servants of God on earth addressed him as “Sovereign Lord,” and this title appears over 300 times in the inspired Scriptures. (Ge 15:2; Re 6:10) He is also appropriately described as “the true Lord.” (Isa 1:24) It is at his direction that people are gathered, or harvested, for life. So petitions for more workers to assist in the harvest must be made to him as the “Master [Lord] of the harvest.”—Mt 9:37, 38; see NW appendix, pp. 1566-1568.

Jesus Christ. While on earth, Jesus Christ referred to himself as “Lord of the sabbath.” (Mt 12:8) Appropriately, he used the Sabbath for doing the work commanded by his heavenly Father. That work included healing the sick. (Compare Mt 8:16, 17.) Jesus knew that the Mosaic Law, with its Sabbath requirement, was “a shadow of the good things to come.” (Heb 10:1) In connection with those “good things to come,” there is a sabbath of which he is to be the Lord.—See SABBATH DAY (“Lord of the Sabbath”).

While Jesus Christ was on earth, persons besides his disciples called him “Lord,” or “Sir.” (Mt 8:2; Joh 4:11) In these cases the designation was primarily a title of respect or courtesy. However, to his apostles Jesus showed that calling him “Lord” involved more than this. Said he: “You address me, ‘Teacher,’ and, ‘Lord,’ and you speak rightly, for I am such.” (Joh 13:13) As his disciples, these apostles were his learners, or pupils. Thus he was their Lord, or Master.

<<<End Quote>>>

Good day,

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T