Jehovah`s Witness/ask question / philippines

Question
Hi,am happy to have found this site, I hope that my questions about faith -in God and his teachings - will be answered.Below are the said questions.

1) If there is a conflict between the Bible and the watchtower reading material - which of the two are we going to follow or obey?

2) Is the 144,000 in Revelation referred to the Jews only or gentiles - it appears that the said group is only Jews?

3) There are many revisions of the New world translation - if I have the older version of it, is it still a correct version?

4) What is the name of God - is it Jehovah or another? ( I learned that God's name is composed only of letters )

5) Is Jehovah's witness church - the only church God will accept?

6) Do you believe that the Bible is the word of God - all of it - or contain only portion of God's word?

Thank you for taking the time in reading my message, kindly answer it any way you want - simple answer will do.,one that a layman can easily understand.

God bless!

respectfully yours,
Ram

Answer

I truthfully have not come across this to be an issue. The organization is so careful with the information they hand down to us that if there were to be any conflict, it would be taken care of in time. But, honestly, I have been in the truth for almost 40 years now. It is true that we have not, and still do not, have the full understanding all the time so we may not be right on target, but when the light presents itself to us and the time is right, then we are right there to correct it. So to answer this question, I would follow the organization because I know that they will correct matters when Jehovah reveals the truth.

The 144,000 refers to both Jews and Gentiles, as Jehovah, through Jesus ransom sacrifice, opened it up to “spiritual” Israel. The first ones chosen were fleshly Jews. But in 36 C.E. Gentiles, or non-Jews would also share in the heavenly hope. (Romans 9:6-8; Romans 11:25,26)

The older version of the New world translation is certainly fine to use. We have however, published a revised edition which has made it even easier to read and understand without changing any of the scriptural integrity.

You are correct. YHWH are the characters making Jehovah’s name (Tetragrammaton). Many give it the pronunciation “Yahweh”. Jehovah has become the most widely recognized. In the King James, Jehovah was the accepted pronunciation for God’s name and it has been accepted through the years If we are not totally correct, we can be sure that Jehovah knows that we are respecting his name and calling him the closest that we can come to it.

Jehovah only accepts those who are willing to follow his will. (Deut 10:12) One has to listen to what is taught when attending a church. Is it teaching the truth? Is there Hellfire, Purgatory, homosexuality accepted or taught, Trinity, all good people going to heaven?? Do they uphold the wars, support voting?  If you go to a church and hear anything being taught incorrectly, how could that be acceptable to God? Do the congregation members of the church live by the laws set by Jehovah? We have standards that we are expected to live by and we know that when we go to the Kingdom Hall each week, we will be taught the truth of God’s Word and we try our best to live by it.

Absolutely! All of it. It is the most published book in the world. It gives us insight to the personality of God allowing us to really have a close relationship with him. 2 Tim 3:16 states that the Bible is “inspired of God” 2Pet 1:21 says the “Men spoke from God as they were borne along by holy spirit.” It is harmonious and accurate, practical wisdom (no matter when you live or lived) and is a book of prophecy (many of which we have seen fulfilled)Reading Gods’ “word or message, in the Bible can change our life. It can help us to examine ourselves as never before. It is a book that is to be read, studied, and loved. I truly believe this is a gift from Jehovah God!

Jehovah`s Witness

Carol Massey