Jehovah`s Witness/New Light?

Hello sister t.

Would you mind explaining new light to me? You see I'm struggling with the fact of how doctrines can be changed, by the governing body and explained as new light. What happened to the old light? The WT seems to imply that they were chosen by Jehovah to give proper food at the proper time. If that's the case, were they not given the right information from Jehovah in the first place? Wouldn't Jehovah want you to preach about His word correctly the first time instead of making changes? How does the GB arrive at deciding what is new light? According to your explanation of man made doctrines, this seems like it would apply to the WT as well. The Word hasn't changed, only mans interpretation of it. So when the WT tells you they are in the truth and say they are Jehovah's chosen organization and you are His mouthpiece to the people on earth..... Why the doctrinal changes?  

For example, How could the WT teach it is proper to worship Jesus based on the Word, then decide it's not okay later. How did they arrive at this conclusion? Again the bible is the same. How did the GB come to this new understanding or new light? Was Jehovah not listening to Russell,Rutherford and Knorrs prayers for guidance. Why would Jehovah let his chosen organization teach idolatry? Doesn't seem logical to me. If one claims to be God's spirit led organization and claims to be the ones to give the proper food, I'd at least expect consistency with the major doctrines. The identity of God would be a big one to get wrong.

I look forward to hearing your explanation of how this works.

Thanks again. Kevin.

Hello Kevin,

I reply to you even though I know that you are not here to learn about JW's and you try your best to prove us wrong, that's fine, try with all your might.  

But I don't appreciate you lying on me to your lil buddy again. You making statements I've never said or you twist things I've said. I may not reply to you anymore after this.

Produce the publication from JW's that says that.

My explanation of man made doctrines does not apply to prophecies or scriptures that are already in the Bible.

unfortunately for trying to prove a point turned out pointless.  

New light, I'll let you discern what that means from these scriptures.

Proverbs 4:18,19 "But the path of the righteous is like the bright morning light That grows brighter and brighter until full daylight. 19 The way of the wicked is like the darkness; They do not know what makes them stumble."

Daniel 12:8,9 "Now as for me, I heard, but I could not understand; so I said: “O my lord, what will be the outcome of these things?” 9 Then he said: “Go, Daniel, because the words are to be kept secret and sealed up until the time of the end."

When Jesus was on earth, he personally guided his followers, leading them to a deeper knowledge of the Kingdom. Did he answer all their questions and tell them everything about that Kingdom at once? No. He said: "“I still have many things to say to you, but you are not able to bear them now." John 16:12

Have a wonderful day Kevin,

Sister T

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)