Jehovah`s Witness/Non JW behaviour by "alleged" JWs

Good day Mr Holland.
I trust this find you in good spirits despite the recent flurry of emails and personal attacks from some purporting to be "real" JWs. It is truly disheartening to see. I have tried appealing to certain experts on this as the following recent link and paste will attest. In the first I am not sure how it was done but I received an email rather than a link to allexperts. Responses to these questions never contain answers and are never posted . How honest is that?
Your question was

Good day sir.

I have noticed recently an onslaught of postings that single out Derrick Holland. Is this necessary? I could understand attempts to test out differing doctrines using scripture, despite this forum being for questions on JWs, but why the need to constantly make this about a person and issuing personal attacks? These types of postings and the types of statements from "questioners" you allow to be published excude a mean spiritedness and suggest desperation/frustration which surely are unnecessary. Further, when quoting scripture, could you please pay more attention to proper quoting i.e. copy/pasting duplicate words etc.

You are very welcome.

Expert: Brother Rando

If you'd like to ask another question in the category, please come to

This message is sent by an auto responder and cannot process replies.

I am writing now, to hopefully encourage you. As I have mentioned before, you provide valid balance and a check against the hypocrisy and lies that some seem to rely on. Giving those unaware, including witnesses, facts that are way too often conveniently omitted and deceptions or non answers that are too prevalent from these ones.  I can only imagine the strength bit takes to persist. I am frustrated by it and unlike you an simply an observer.
I will continue to appeal to these ones in private and publicly. But they sure are trying. To be clear, I refer to the actions of a specific few. The attacks on a fellow JW who exhibits nothing but commendable form was deplorable. I again appeal by way of this post for them to please stop this.

Warm regards...Phillip

Good evening, Phillip.  I am happy to hear from you again, and I hope you are doing well.

Again, and I know I've said this to you many times, but I appreciate your honesty as a JW, in acknowledging the deplorable methods used by others here who claim to be JWs.  And I also agree with you, when you said that "To be clear, I refer to the actions of a specific few. The attacks on a fellow JW who exhibits nothing but commendable form was deplorable."

Yes, it is only a select few who are guilty.  And I think we all know who they are.  You are also correct, that the attacks on Mr. Hepburn were some of the most despicable and unchristian attacks, imaginable.  Phillip, I hate to say this, but it started when Mr. Hepburn correctly stated that Rando keeps the forum in an uproar, and that it would be a much more peaceful place without him.  Even though he didn't call Rando's name, everyone knew who he meant.  And make no mistake....if you call out Rando, you're going to be attacked.  This man is a truly deplorable example of a JW.  I am glad that not all of them are like him.

You know, I copied and pasted the link that you gave me, next to the #1 above.  And his "response" is IDENTICAL to a response I got from him, when I questioned him about his OWN disagreements with the GB.

Let me post for you, my question to him, and the response.....

Expert: Brother Rando

Subject: Try Again...

It appears by your rejection, that you are afraid to answer my question. You must be a hypocrite. Here, try again....

My question was....

So, let's cut right to the chase, then....

Given your numerous posts regarding Matthew 28:19, DO you, or DO you NOT, believe that the verse is mistranslated in the New World Translation, printed and produced by the Watchtower Society, and sanctioned by the "Slave"?

It reads, in the NWT...

"Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit"

Is this a mistranslation, or is it the correct translation?  Straight question.  Why do you dance around and not give a straight answer?  What are you afraid of?

And do you agree with this statement, found at the web site that you publicly endorse?

"Jesus said that his disciples would be baptized “in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit.” (Matthew 28:19) This means that a baptism candidate recognizes the authority of Jehovah God and of Jesus Christ. (Psalm 83:18; Matthew 28:18) He also recognizes the function and activity of God’s holy spirit, or active force.”[search_id]=c0995cb0-21dd-4661-9843-47cfa5a1327e&insight[search_result_index]=15

Did Jesus say that?  Is this statement from, factually and historically correct?  Or, is it in error?

Can you give a straight answer this time, Rando?  Do you know how to answer an easy question?  Or, will you give me another rejection to have to post, of what you are scared to answer?

And notice how similar his response to me, is to the one he gave you.....totally unrelated to the question asked....

Why is Satan called "God" in the KJV? Fact or Error?

If you are one of the "few" left being called by Jehovah and his Son, you are invited to visit for a Free Bible Study. (Limited Time Offer about to Expire)  Hold on, A New World is coming!

Granted, I did call him a "hypocrite", but it was because he came out so harshly against Mr. Hepburn for daring to disagree with the GB, but he himself has so many disagreements right here on this forum.  And when he is asked a straight question about it, he just rejects it.  Or sends some mindless babble like "Why is Satan called "God" in the KJV?"

Also, you will see I titled my question "Try Again", because he rejected the previous attempts to get an answer to why its okay for him to disagree with the GB, but not for Mr. Hepburn.

Phillip, you know he has publicly accused you of being me, right?  I mean, I guess he thinks I hop a plane out of the US, every time I want to write to him under your name, just so it shows up from another country.  He knows better.  

I appreciate your pointing out how he allows things to post, that are not factual, nor supported by any credible evidence.  In fact, he is not looking for facts.  

A thought did occur to me the other day.  It seems the things he posts about, are some of the very things that the WT itself has been under some scrutiny for, as well....UN association, harboring pedophiles, etc.  Now of course, I do NOT believe that the average JW is a pedophile, by any means.  But simply that some of the policies have allowed some pedophiles to remain somewhat protected in the religion, by discouraging parents from going to the police.  

But here's what occurred to me....Is Rando actually an apostate himself, with an axe to grind against the JW religion?  People have often pointed out to me, that if he were TRYING to make the religion look bad, he couldn't do a better job than what he is doing.  Why would he write posts on subjects that a person could EASILY come back at him, and point out the WT's own involvement with those very things?  Is that what he's HOPING for?  That if he writes a post about Baptist UN involvement (which my religion does NOT have in any way, shape, or form), we will come back and expose the WT's own UN involvement?  Or, if he writes about us harboring pedophiles, that maybe we will retaliate with a post about the WT being on Dateline NBC for that very thing?

Is he a JW impostor, here to give the religion a bad name?  I don't know.  But if he was, he couldn't do a better job.  

Why does he feel so free to condemn the most honest JW here, and as you said, who exhibits nothing but commendable form, while he himself having posted NUMEROUS things that conflict with the teachings of the Watchtower?

And why the anonymity?  He feels free to post people's personal information, but will not even reveal his own name.  What's he scared of?

Doesn't matter....There is a God Who sees all, and according to the Scriptures, he isn't getting away with any of it.  He will answer for his actions.

But again, I commend you as a JW, for being honest enough to not just jump to the JW side, but to call things the way they are.  I appreciate your numerous appeals to them to act like JWs.  I am not optimistic about it, because I do not believe they are interested in, or capable of, intelligent Biblical dialogue.  All they know is to lie and attack, because its the only thing they can do effectively.

Thanks for writing, Phillip.  Have a great day, and keep in touch.

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.