Jehovah`s Witness/question / faith

Question
Hi. Greetings from Philippines,am happy to have found this site, I hope that my questions about faith -in God and his teachings - will be answered.Below are the said questions.

1) If there is a conflict between the Bible and the watchtower reading material - which of the two are we going to follow or obey?

2) Is the 144,000 in Revelation referred to the Jews only or gentiles - it appears that the said group is only Jews?

3) There are many revisions of the New world translation - if I have the older version of it, is it still a correct version?

4) What is the name of God - is it Jehovah or another? ( I learned that God's name is composed only of letters )

5) Is Jehovah's witness church - the only church God will accept?

6) Do you believe that the Bible is the word of God - all of it - or contain only portion of God's word?

Thank you for taking the time in reading my message, kindly answer it any way you want - simple answer will do.,one that a layman can easily understand.

note: do you have a bible correspondence course for those who want to study about your faith via e-mail? thanks.

God bless!

respectfully yours,
Ram

Answer
Hello Ram,
Thank you for writing to me.
Since you have made your questions public and also my reply,
I will post this at my Blog, where you may read all the scriptures simply by pointing to them.
There are many of them, but they must not be overlooked or skimmed over. Perhaps you can take one question at a time, because within the scriptures lies the most important part of my reply to you. It is located here:
http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2015/02/who-is-your-god.html

I HAVE REVISED MY REPLY AT THAT SITE, BY ADDING MANY CLARIFICATIONS AND ADDITIONAL SCRIPTURES THERE. FOR THESE REASONS, IT IS PREFERABLE THAT YOU READ MY REPLY, AT THAT LINK.

I'll get right to your questions. Thank you for stating them clearly.
Since you have numerous questions, and each deserves many scriptures and comments, I hope you don't mind that I will include links to articles which discuss each topic in greater depth.
- - - - - - - - - - - -

I cannot speak for you or for others, because as individuals, we each must make this decision.
It is a vital question, which unfortunately, millions of "Jehovah's Witnesses" do not even recognize as a vital issue before them. They make the false assumption, that to do one, is to do the other... just as the Jews of the first century assumed that following the false religious leaders meant having God's approval.
(http://pearl-obeymen.blogspot.com)
Even Jesus did not give direction to others, sourced in his own initiative (John5:30; 8:16). He spoke only what God told him (John12:49). Genuine ambassadors of Christ imitate this (1Pet.2:21; 2Cor.5:20), and speak only what spirit directs (Matt.10:20), and back everything up by means of the source of their teaching... the scriptures.
(http://pearl-finetrees.blogspot.com)
The Bible itself contrasts between following God's Word, or man's (Rom.3:4; Mark7:7).
God has told us within His Word, how He symbolizes this contrast.
To have one's heart directed by God's Word, is symbolized by a mark on your forehead (thinking) and a mark on your right hand (deeds) [See Deut.6:6,8].
When our heart is directed by men in power, the same symbols are used [See Rev.13:16,8,7).
(http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2013/05/mark-of-beast.html)

Whoever we obey, is our Master (Rom.6:16; 1Cor.7:23; Gal.1:10). Jesus said that we cannot serve two masters (Matt.6:24). If a spiritual leader directs by means of God's Word, we are obeying God's Word through them, not the leader themselves (Heb.13:7; 2Cor.13:3).
Yet "Jehovah's Witnesses" are blatant about their obeying those whom they have dubbed, "The faithful and discreet slave", even without continually testing these men according to God's standards (1John4:1; Matt.7:20; 24:4,5,24,25; 1Tim.4:1; Rev.16:13-16; 2Cor.13:5).
Any within that organization who profess that they must obey God and His Word, (when there is a conflict between scripture and doctrine), are promptly thrown out.
I and thousands of others are living proof of this policy. This situation was also prophesied to arise (Rev.13:15; 11:7; 6:9). When a Chosen One takes such a stand for Christ, they are expelled. This fulfills many prophecies which relate the details of this foretold "trampling".
(http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/search?q=getting+killed)

John the baptist prepared the way before Christ (John1:23), through a baptism of repentance from these very things(Mark1:3-5; Luke3:7-9). Jesus claimed that the Jewish nation was guilty of having ears and eyes that were blind and deaf to God's basic healing truths, due to a preoccupation with doctrines of men (Matt.13:13-15; Isa.6:10; Mark7:13).
This condition has also befallen God's Chosen people within the "Watchtower" organization today. Interestingly, these things are prophesied within God's Word as due to happen in the time of the end. Symbolic Prophecies tells us to expect God's Temple priesthood to be trampled by "Gentiles", and taken into "captivity" (Col.2:8; Rev.13:10,7; Luke21:24; Dan.8:13; Rev.11:2; Eph.5:6; Gal.4:3; Col.2:20; 1Tim.6:20; 2Cor.11:3,4,20,13; Rev.2:2) (2Thess.2:4; Dan.11:36,31,32,33,34,35; Matt.24:15,16; Rev.11:2).
(http://pearl-disgustingthing.blogspot.com/)

And so you see, the first question you ask, is actually a matter of salvation.
Prophecy indicates that "all the earth" will follow the Wild Beasts with admiration (Rev.13:1,11; 19:20), allowing themselves to worship it's Image/Idol, by obeying all it's Laws. These slaves will come to include the Holy Ones (Rev.13:7,10). Only those who "keep awake" and on guard according to God's Word (including it's prophecies) have any hope of escaping this final Great Test (Luke21:36,35; Matt.24:22; Luke13:23,24; Matt.7:13,14,21,22,23; 25:11,12,13; Matt.7:24; Ps.119:133).
(http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-note-from-friend-good-aftern)
(http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2014/12/wormwood-armageddon-false-prop)
(http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2014/06/jezebel.html)
- - - - - - - - - - - -

The Greek of Revelation 1:1 makes clear that the entire scroll to follow is symbolic, in accord with the way Jesus always taught (Matt.13:34,10,11).
Who then, are symbolic "Jews"? (Rom.2:28,29; Gal.3:29,28)
Please consider:
(http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2013/01/what-is-jew-what-is-gentile-an)
- - - - - - - - - - - -

I see your point. Genuine darkness does not become light. Neither does genuine light become darkness (Luke11:35,34,36). God's light does not vary at all (James1:17). Neither do the scriptures (Isa.40:8; Num.23:19).
As I continue to learn by spirit, I am astounded at the errors of translation found in the "Watchtower's" "Bible". What shocks me further, is the impact these mistranslations have on the beliefs and practices of their followers. I will give you two examples...
Eze.44:6-9 reads in every other Bible , (as well as is obvious in the Hebrew interlinear)...

"Say to rebellious Israel, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Enough of your detestable practices, people of Israel! 7 In addition to all your other detestable practices, you brought foreigners uncircumcised in heart and flesh into my sanctuary, desecrating my temple while you offered me food, fat and blood, and you broke my covenant. 8 Instead of carrying out your duty in regard to my holy things, you put others in charge of my sanctuary. 9 This is what the Sovereign Lord says: No foreigner uncircumcised in heart and flesh is to enter my sanctuary, not even the foreigners who live among the Israelites."

Now it becomes obvious from the context, that the great sin of Israel's priests, is that they appointed the "uncircumcised" in charge of the Temple Sanctuary. These are Gentiles/"foreigners".
We know from Rom.2:28,29, [and the scriptures contained in the link above ("Jew"/"Gentile"), that those with a circumcision of the heart are those in covenant with God. These "circumcised"/covenant priests today, would be the Chosen Anointed.]
 Instead of the priests tending to God's Temple, we see that those in power appointed Gentiles as priests (2Chron.13:9).
Now let's look at how the "Watchtower's Bible translates Eze.44:6-9 ...

"And you must say to Rebelliousness, to the house of Israel, "This is what the sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, "That is enough of you because of all your detestable things, O house of Israel, when you bring in the foreigners uncircumcised in heart and uncircumcised in flesh, in order to come to be in my sanctuary so as to profane it, even my house, when you present my bread, fat and blood, while they keep breaking my covenant on account of all your detestable things. Neither have you taken care of the obligation of my holy things, nor would you post [others] as caretakers of my obligation in my sanctuary for yourselves. This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: "No foreigner, uncircumcised in heart and uncircumcised in flesh, may come into my sanctuary, that is, any foreigner who is in the midst of the sons of Israel."

Did you detect the discrepancy?
The original Hebrew tells us (according to the first translation) that the Israelite priests gave the offering of sacrifices (presentation of bread, fat and blood) over to Gentiles, and in this way, they profaned the sanctuary and broke God's covenant with His consecrated priests (Ex.40:15; Num.25:13; 2Chron.23:6; Rev.5:9,10)(Mal.2:8; Neh.13:29; Dan.11:28-32,36,45; 2Thess.2:4; Matt.24:15; Rev.11:2).
 But now the "Watchtower" Bible asserts that the service of the Temple priests was completely abandoned, not being performed by anyone . This contradicts their own translation of verse 7, which states that the offerings are being presented, by "they" who "keep breaking my covenant" of the priesthood. Who are "they"?
Well, the priests would not be breaking the covenant by offering the sacrifices. But the Gentiles that they sent into the sanctuary to preform priestly duties; certainly would (2Chron.13:9; Mark13:14). This mis-translation takes the focus off the true abomination of Gentile priests, and places it on neglecting one's duties.

Can you discern from this discrepancy that the "Watchtower's" Bible allows Gentiles to take over the priesthood, so long as someone is on duty? It is ever so relevant that this is the only Bible that obscures an accurate interpretation of this verse.
Without this twisting of scripture, the Gentiles would not have been sanctioned to trample the Temple, just as prophecy predicts they would.
 Today within the Congregations of "Jehovah's Witnesses", non-anointed (Gentile) "elders" have taken over the priestly duties of God's chosen and consecrated priests. They preside over judicial matters of sin, which is only for anointed to do (Matt.16:19; John20:22,23; 1Cor.6:1-3; Gal.6:1; Rom.8:14,16). Even Gal.6:1 has been twisted in the WT Bible. It reads, "those with spiritual qualifications", which allows the Gentiles to "readjust" a sinner. Literally, Gal.6:1 reads, "those who walk by spirit". Rom.8:14 define these, as God's Sons.
That harmonizes with Ps.82:6, which brings us to our second example...
- - - -
The second example, is John10:35
which reads;
"If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came".

Yet the "Watchtower" has translated this as saying;
"If he called 'gods' against whom the word of God came".

Obviously, these two interpretations have opposite meanings.
I offer for your consideration, the Greek word "pros" , which is translated as,
and interpreted by myself, as meaning a "delivering" of God's Word to the 'gods'.
The "Watchtower" Bible has translated the meaning as "against", as if these 'gods' stand condemned by God's Word. Yet the "Watchtower's" own Greek interlinear does not contain that in the Greek writing.

Here is what can be found at: http://biblehub.com/greek/4314.htm
4314 prós (a preposition) – properly, motion towards to "interface with" (literally, moving toward a goal or destination).
4314 /prós ("towards, with") indicates "extension toward a goal, with implied interaction or reciprocity (L & N, 1, 84.18), with "presumed contact and reaction" (L & N, 1, 84.23). 4314 (prós) naturally suggests the cycle of initiation and response (L-N, 1,90.25, 90.33).
[4314 (prós) can mean "in view of," or "in light of, but never "against" .

http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2015/01/who-are-gods.html

Why does this matter?
Because this verse is speaking once again, of God's Sons.
Psalm 82:6 reads...
"I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High."
In harmony, these are the "gods" "to whom the word of God came", just as Jesus, there said (Mal.2:7; 1Cor.2:12,13; 4:1; 1John2:20,27; Luke8:10; Rev.1:6; John15:4,5,15,16,8)
(Ps.119:105; Matt.5:14,16).
But in order to sanction the Gentiles to subvert the Temple's "gods"/priests (2Thess.2:4);
their distinction as Holy Ones had to be obscured and nullified, and their divine authority and power (Luke10:19; Rev.9:10,4)"brought to nothing"...
Dan.12:7 reads;
"And I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream; he raised his right hand and his left hand toward heaven and swore by him who lives forever that it would be for a time, times, and half a time, and that when the shattering of the power of the holy people comes to an end all these things would be finished."
(See also Dan.8:13; 7:25; Rev.11:7-10; 6:9-11)

If the "Watchtower" Bible had kept the integrity of John10:35 ;
elders among "Jehovah's Witnesses" may have thought twice before condemning the least of Christ's brothers (Rom.8:33; Matt.25:40,44-46) to an "irreversible spiritual death" through a disfellowshipping judgment of apostasy
(John16:2; Isa.66:5; Matt.10:22; Heb.13:13; Rev.6:9,11; 13:11,15)...
simply because they disagree with the teachings of the wicked steward, and stand up to defend the truth (Eph.5:8-11; 4:25; Matt.10:32).
Those who obey men are not written in the Lamb's scroll of life (Rev.13:8). Those who obey God as Master (Acts5:29), will be sealed as His slaves (Rev.7:3; 14:1; 22:4,3).

By means of these two examples of many, I hope you can appreciate as I do, what Satan is able to promote by means of his own twist on the scriptures (Gen.3:1; Matt.4:6)....
which power of deception, he gives to the "fallen star" (Rev.8:10,11; 9:1,11; 13:11; 16:13; 1Tim.4:1)
(http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2013/06/i-have-found-typing-mistakes-b)
- - - - - - - - - - - -

By "only letters", what is meant, is only consonants. The original language, in which God's name was written, had no vowels. Translated into English, those letters (consonants) are YHWH.
The name "Jehovah" is constructed by men, through a blend of the original consonants, mixed with the vowels from the Hebrew word used as a substitute for God's name...."eloah" -"Lord") (English: Elohim). Those vowels, are E L O A H.
 When combined with the consonants the Bible gives us, men constructed J-(Y) E H O V-(W) A H.
As you can see, the liberty of changing Y to J, and W to V, was also taken.

Does all this mean that "Jehovah" is God's name?
No... which is freely admitted by the leaders of the "Watchtower". They don't think this matters, as much as using the name, because they have a literal interpretation of Rom.10:13. They ignore the requirement (Ps.145:18) and the real meaning of "calling on" that name.

Is the use of "Jehovah" a big deal? Well, it very well may prove to be.
The Hebrew meaning of "Jehovah" refers to one who despoils/destroys, and this is a designation of Satan
(Heb.2:14; John10:10; John8:44; Rev.9:11; Heb.11:28; Isa.33:1).
I find this ignorance, ironically appropriate among "Jehovah's Witnesses"
(Rev.9:11; 2Thess.2:9-12; Isa.5:20; Jer.23:15; 9:15; Rev.8:10,11; 19:20).

Here is more information about God's name:
http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/search?q=the+name
- - - - - - - - - - - -

I have written extensively on this subject, and there are many scriptures to teach us where salvation is found. God has made this clear by providing many details, to be sure that readers of His Word will be guided with clarity. This provision of discernment is merciful, in light of all the prophesied false prophets that would exist during the time of final test. Please graciously allow me to refer you to those writings...
(http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2012/05/where-is-true-religion.html)
(http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2013/02/jehovahs-genuine-mountain.html)

It was prophesied that there would be a religious power claiming to have a monopoly on salvation (Rev.13:15-17). If we use the words of Christ, which warn us in detail how we can recognize the true from the false, we will be kept safe (Matt.7:24,15,20).

Those who exclusively use scripture to interpret Revelation, realize that the design of the "Watchtower" Organization (unfaithful anointed leaders over a mountain of Gentiles) is the manifestation of prophecy. Rather than it being the only path of salvation;
it is the only apparition specifically manifested as irreversibly condemned (Rev.20:10,14) along with it's followers (Rev.13:8; 20:15; 14:9,10; Eze.14:10).
(http://pearl-winepress.blogspot.com/)
- - - - - - - - - - - -

The scripture itself answers:
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (2Tim.3:16,17)

Hopefully you will discern from my work, that I strive to make the Bible, the basis for all I teach.
John8:47 A reads;
"Whoever belongs to God, hears what God says."
In fact, this is one of the touchstones that aids us in distinguishing a true from a false prophet...

"16 Jesus answered, “My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me. 17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own. 18 Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him."
(John7:16-18)

"But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.  He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.  All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.” (John16:13-15)

There is a great deal of meaning in those two cited scriptures, all of which points to the fulfillment of prophecy. It is my hope that you can glean the point at hand, which is that those who truly are sent from God, seek the glory of God, by speaking from His Word exclusively (never from their own originality), by referring to the words of Christ (John14:26) and God... the scriptures.
A messenger of God cannot work in this way, if they do not have faith that the Bible is the genuine and supreme Word of God.

When Jesus said, "All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.";
This is a parallel to Rev.1:1; 5:7; 22:6; John16:13; 15:15.
- - - - - - - - - - - -

I know I have given you much information. But in truth, your questions deserve this and more, to be answered properly. If you have any trouble understanding it, please follow up. You can also send me a message through the contact form on the Main Page of my blog (http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/)

Regarding a "Bible course"; My Blog is freely available to anyone interested. The contact form is there for any questions that arise.
"Jehovah's Witnesses" also are famous for their structured Bible course. I do not recommend taking it, for reasons that will become more obvious to you as you read the links above.

Thank you for your interest, and I hope my efforts prove satisfactory.
If there is any other way I might serve you, please let me know.
Love in Christ,
Pearl  

Jehovah`s Witness

pearl doxsey