Jehovah`s Witness/question / about faith

Hi,Good day!am happy to have found this site, I hope that my questions about faith -in God and his teachings - will be answered.Below are the said questions.

1) If there is a conflict between the Bible and the watchtower reading material - which of the two are we going to follow or obey?

2) Is the 144,000 in Revelation referred to the Jews only or gentiles - it appears that the said group is only Jews?

3) There are many revisions of the New world translation - if I have the older version of it, is it still a correct version?

4) What is the name of God - is it Jehovah or another? ( I learned that God's name is composed only of letters )

5) Is Jehovah's witness church - the only church God will accept?

6) Do you believe that the Bible is the word of God - all of it - or contain only portion of God's word?

Thank you for taking the time in reading my message, kindly answer it any way you want - simple answer will do.,one that a layman can easily understand.

God bless!

respectfully yours,

Hi Ram,

Thanks for the questions. Although I am not a practicing Jehovah's Witness, I was raised in and around the religion. I find it to be a dangerous cult. I have personally seen what it does to people and I have seen the blatant errors it has made in it's teachings. Nevertheless, I will give you some brief answers...

1) This is what the Bible has to say about it's authority... It is silent of any future authority of any denomination or extra-biblical publications....

2 Timothy 3:14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

2)Both Revelation 7 and 14 say exactly who the 144,000 are. They are from the 12 tribes of Israel. They are Jewish believers. There is no reason to force an alternate interpretation onto the text. It goes into great detail in order to make sure nobody can get confused on the matter.

3) No version of the NWT is credible. ALl major and notable Bible Translation Scholars have refuted it as fallacious and dangerously inaccurate. You would do well to find a translation that has credible scholars that were actually capable of translating it.

4) Nowhere in the Hebrew or Greek scriptures is God's name Jehovah. That is more of an interpretation of His name. The original Hebrew name given had only consonants. They were YHWH. Eventually, scribes had included the vows from the Hebrew word for Lord which is Adonai and you get it translated over as Yahweh or Jehovah. In the New Testament, Jesus claims the exclusive titles, attributes and other identifications as Jehovah therefore identifying Himself as the Hebrew God Jehovah.

5)There is only one church God will accept. It is called the Bride of Christ comprised of true believers who were redeemed by the blood of Christ. They believed that He was the Christ who suffered, died and rose again for their sins, salvation and new life. They are those who are born again. Revelation 7.... Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready

6) The Bible is the completed written Word of God. It is my sole authority in matters of faith, life and practice. It is the inspired (God breathed), infallible, inerrant, Word of the Living God. Anything that says different is either lying themselves or they are correct and the Bible can't be trusted.

I hope this helps and that it will bless you on your journey.

In His Grace,

Jehovah`s Witness

Ben Erdman

I will attempt to answer any questions that have to do with major Jehovah’s Witness doctrine. I will also try to give an accurate and honest explanation from the "Truth" (the Word of God). I am not a Jehovah’s Witness. I was never baptized as one. I am a "witness" for Christ. I love talking about God and the piercing Word that He has provided for us. If I don't know the answer to a question I will be more than happy to research it and get an answer. So, let’s talk.

I have grown up in the religion known as Jehovah’s Witnesses. Nearly all of my family (immediate and extended) are Jehovah’s Witnesses. I have been to probably hundreds of meetings, several assemblies and have had many in-depth bible studies with Witnesses. I love these people and admire their great zeal to do what they believe is truth. I have done extensive research into this area. I have a great passion in Jehovah’s Witness doctrine and beliefs.

I do not have any particular educational credentials that affect this field. I believe that I have been very educated in this field of Jehovah’s Witness doctrine by my own experience and extensive studies. I also believe in my heart that the Spirit of God has educated me in this area and will continue to do so.