Jehovah`s Witness/What is your response?

Question
Your post has caused quite an uproar.  Have you read any of the comments from the other experts?  Here are some links from Sister T and Eddie if you haven't seen them already.  

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Jehovah-s-Witness-1617/2015/2/richard-c-comment-void.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Jehovah-s-Witness-1617/2015/2/jesus-sheol.htm

They are attacking you and Holland, which is not much of a surprise.

Answer

Thanks for the note.  I'm assuming that your question is "What is my response?" since the one in your note was whether or not I have read the responses.  Yes, I have read them.  Thanks though for the links.  I generally keep up with the board, although sometimes I am unable.  I am extremely glad that my comments have promoted discussion and that Sister T and Eddie are addressing it.  This means that they read it and can no longer offer an excuse for misstating our position.  On a positive note, at least Sister T is making attempts to address it scripturally.  This is exactly what should be done.  They are welcome to disagree with me.  The correct and respectful way to address it is to demonstrate scriptural evidence in support of a position.  On a negative note, they are still trying to pit my words against Derrick's.  We don't conflict, no matter how badly they want us to.  They did this with the Trinity, so it's no wonder that they have this strategy on this topic as well.

Well, if you are asking for my response, I will offer you something.  Their replies come with the assumption that soul sleep is correct.  I don't care to get into that debate in this reply, but just read their replies carefully.  Basically they are saying that Jesus couldn't have done what he did because soul sleep wouldn't allow it.  Remove the assumption about what being dead means, and read the verses as they are.  They can't believe that "being alive in the spirit" could possibly have been during those three days BECAUSE of their assumption.  But let me ask you this.   Where were the imprisoned spirits Jesus make proclamation to in 1 Peter 3:19?    The NWT links 1 Peter 3:19 to 2 Peter 2:4, the only mention of Tartarus.  Where is Tartarus?  Strong's Exhaustive Concordance says, "the deepest abyss of Hades", or at least everyone will agree that it's the "underworld".  So Jesus went to Hades, or Sheol.

Ephesians 4:9 expands on verse 8.  Verse 8 speaks of Jesus ascending to heaven and taking many captives with him.  Where were they being held?  Verse 9 is clear that he first had to descend to the lower regions of the earth?  So, if he just went to a grave, what captives did he take with him?

Sister T brought up Mark 12:40 "For just as Jo′nah was in the belly of the huge fish for three days and three nights, so the Son of man will be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights."  What condition was Jonah in while he was in the belly of the huge fish?  In Jonah 2:2, it said that Jonah cried out from the depths of Sheol.  

Before we move on, try this.  Go to jw.org and click Read the Bible Online.  Go to Jonah 2:2.  It says this "Out of the depths* of the Grave* I cried for help."  See that little * next to Grave.  Click on it.  It says this, "Grave. When lowercased, referring to an individual grave; when capitalized, the common grave of mankind, equivalent to the Hebrew “Sheol” and the Greek “Hades.” It is described in the Bible as a symbolic place or condition wherein all activity and consciousness cease.   Now ask yourself.  Did the NWT capitalize "Grave"?  Yes.  So, Jonah was in Sheol/Hades, right?  Yes.  And if all activity and consciousness cease in Sheol/Hades, how did Jonah cry out for help from there?  .

Back to what Sister T said.  Jesus was JUST AS Jonah for those three days and three nights.  Jonah's body was in the belly of a whale, yet Jonah cried out from Sheol.  Jesus' body was in a tomb, yet he made proclamation in Sheol.

The other link you provided me with Eddie's link doesn't really say too much.  He doesn't refute anything I said using scripture.  But did you notice that he utilized the aforementioned assumption?  I must be wrong because of his assumption.  Nevermind what scripture says about what Jesus did.  

I guess that's my response.  I appreciate Sister T's response because it uses scripture.  That is why my reply to her uses scripture as well.  Eddie's doesn't, so it's irrelevant.  The main point is now they can't lie as to what we believe.  They have clearly read it.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Richard