Jehovah`s Witness/Salvation in question

Question
Can you help me?  I have been stepping out on my husband for four years. Am I still saved if I die in an accident?

Shawnasi

Answer
Hello Shawnasi,
Thank you for writing to me.
If you want help, real help comes from God, Christ, and the Bible.
I cannot really help people on my own. But I can give you the help from God, Christ, and the Bible.
If you accept that help, you will really be helped.

There are some things about your question that I do not understand.
When you say, "Am I still saved if I die in an accident?"; this sounds as if you believe that you are already "saved". Is this what you believe?
If that is so, then first let's look at what the Bible says about that.

Being "saved" has it's requirements. Those requirements are very difficult for us to meet and fulfill. Please think about these scriptures....

"Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”
He said to them, “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to." (Luke 13:23,24)

There Jesus tells us that being saved is difficult. Many will try to be saved, but will not be able. "Every effort" is needed, and the door we have to squeeze through, is "narrow". Yet it would seem that Jesus did not answer the question directly. Are only a few saved?
Jesus answered this question directly in a different place, but we have to go to a different Bible writer to find out how many get through that narrow door....

"Enter through the narrow door. For wide is the door and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. " (Matt.7:13,14)

So, Jesus answer is "yes". Only a few get through the tight door. Why? Because to get through to salvation, the requirements are very exact. Jesus explains...
“Not everyone who calls me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does what my in heaven Father wants them to do. " (Matt.7:21)

Shawnasi...What does God want you to do?
We can read in the Bible where God actually spoke, and told us what he wants us to do...
"A voice came from the cloud, saying, 'This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him .'" (Luke9:35)
Can you see that God wants us to listen to Jesus? Can you see that only those who listen to Jesus get saved?
There are other places in the Bible where God actually spoke, and told us to listen to Jesus.
Does that mean that if we listen to what Jesus taught, and we obey it, that we will be saved from death?
See what Jesus said...
"Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death." (John 8:51)

"'If you love me, keep my commands.' Jesus answered and said to him, 'If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home inside him. He who does not love Me, does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me" (John14:15,23,24)

"The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life ." (John6:63)

Is it enough to read the words and teaching of Jesus? What must we do with his words and teachings, if we want to be saved?

James told us in the Bible...
"Do not only listen to the word, and just fool yourselves. Do what it says . Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says, is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But whoever looks deep into the perfect teaching that gives freedom, and continues to obey and do it, —not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it —they will be blessed by what they do ." (James1:22-25)
Yes, they will be blessed with being saved, only IF they DO what Jesus teaches.
That reminds us of what Jesus said at Matt.7:21, remember? We have to DO what God wants.
We have to listen to what Jesus teaches, and then DO it.

There was once a man who asked Jesus how to get saved. The answer Jesus gave him helps us to see this clearly...

"Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, 'Good teacher, what things must I do to get saved?' Jesus answered, 'Why do you call me good? There is only One who is good, God. If you want to enter life, obey His commandments.'
'Which ones?' the man asked.
Jesus replied, ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery , you shall not steal, you shall not lie, honor your father and mother, and love your neighbor as yourself.’” (Matt.19:16-19)

We learned that in order to be saved, we have to listen to, and do what Jesus says.
Jesus says that we need to obey God's commandments. One of those commandments says that we must not commit adultery. This is what you are doing, if you are "stepping out" on your husband.
Can you see, that if we do not obey God's commandments, then we are not saved?
Those who do not listen to Jesus and God, are not saved. It does not matter how, or when, they die.
The only way we can get saved, is to stop our sinning, and start obeying God and Jesus.
Here is some good advise from the apostle Paul...

"...The time has come for you to wake up from darkness, because our being saved has come close... The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the protection of light. Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in fighting and jealousy. Rather, clothe yourselves with the light of the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh." (Rom.13:11-14)

We just read from the Bible, that there is "light" and "darkness".
There are "deeds of darkness", which include "sexual immorality".
Instead of practicing those dark deeds,
the Bible tells us to "clothe yourselves with the light of Christ".
What is the "light of the Lord Jesus Christ"?

The apostle John talked about that when he talked about Jesus....
"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth . In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it ." (John1:14,4,5)

If we accept and obey the "light" of Jesus' teachings, and obey them,
it will shine into the dark places of our life.... those dark deeds... the sins of disobedience. It is more powerful than the darkness. When we turn a lamp on in a dark room, the darkness cannot make the lamp dark... but the light of the lamp makes the darkness into light.
It is the same with the teachings of Jesus. They are light to our life. They are full of spirit and life. If we get rid of the darkness, and fill ourselves with light,
we will become part of the light, and we will be saved.

"So Jesus said to them, 'For a little while longer the Light is among you. Walk while you have the Light, so that darkness will not overpower you; he who walks in the darkness does not know where he is going. While you have the Light, believe in the Light, so that you may become sons of Light." (John12:35,36)

Here is more of what Jesus said...
"The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life". (John6:63)

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." (John8:12)

"I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness." (John12:46)

And the apostle Paul said;
"For you were once in darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light" (Eph.5:8)

It is good to remember what Jesus said at John12:35...
"he who walks in the darkness does not know where he is going"

Isn't that true of the ones on the road to destruction?
Remember what we read at Matt.7:13,14?
“Enter through the narrow door. For wide is the door and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the door and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

From all these words in the Bible (and the teachings of Christ),
we learn that being saved is not easy, and if we want it, we need to leave behind the work of darkness. That work includes adultery. Jesus tells us, that we must become children of light if we want to be saved. This means that we must obey the light of Jesus Christ. What is that light? It is his teachings, which, if we obey them, we will be doing what God wants. That means we will be among those who are saved. We will be among the "few", who squeeze through the narrow door, into the kingdom of eternal life.

"Now this is eternal life: that they know and obey you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." (John17:3)

The Bible tells us, that we must get to know the teachings of Jesus.
Then we must obey them.
If we continue to DO this, we will be saved.

Thank you for inviting me to share the Bible with you.
I hope you continue to look into it, for the help we all need to be saved and get eternal life.
If there is any other way I can serve you, please let me know.

Here is something else I have written. It is more about the Bible, and how it's words can help us to be children of light.
It is a letter I got from someone else, and my reply to them,
just as I replied to your letter to me.
I hope you read and enjoy what it contains.

http://pearl-copingwithsin.blogspot.com/

God bless your search for salvation,
Pearl  

Jehovah`s Witness

pearl doxsey