Jehovah`s Witness/1919

I was just asked a question I cannot answer and was hoping you could help me.

According to Jesus examined the Watchtower in 1919 and approved them for giving out the proper food at the proper time.  Can you please tell me what food the Watchtower was giving out in 1919 that Jesus approved.  I was shown what the Watchtower believed then, and nothing they believed is what we believe to be true now.

thank you,

ANSWER: The Lord Jesus Christ foretold that during his presence a “faithful and discreet slave” would provide spiritual food for his disciples: “Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to you, He will appoint him over all his belongings
Matthew 24:45,47  “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings.

QUESTION: But you didn't answer my question. says Jesus examined the Jehovah's Witnesses and " In 1919, a time of spiritual revival, Jesus selected capable anointed brothers from among them to be the faithful and discreet slave and appointed them over his domestics.." So my qustion is: What food were the Jehovah's Witnesses giving out in 1919 that Jesus would have examined and approved?  I can't find ANY of their 80 or so beliefs at that time that we now believe to be true?  How do I answer these people that have asked me this question?  Please help me!  Thank you, Randy

So tell me , what are some of the Beliefs you are referring to. The name Jehovah`s Witnesses was not being used in 1919 . We were simply called Bible Students we were learning what the Bible was actually teaching  us. However Bible truths or Spiritual food  was being discovered and Published . To say that what we believed then is different than what we believe today is not really correct.

So send me a few of those 80 or so beliefs you are talking about and i will try and explain the situation.

Regards, Elbert  

Jehovah`s Witness

Elbert Spears

I have been a student of the Bible since 1974 and a witness for 18 Years.I do not wish to be considered an Expert in this category because I, like everyone else will never cease to learn.However answering questions is here is very enjoyable ,Even though some continue trying to discredit me and my Brothers and Sisters. May Jehovah continue to his lovibg support .

With many years of bible study as a foundation, I enjoy aswering any question that applies to the bible. I like intelligent questions that require sincere answers.I can not answer silly questions.

34 years of Bible Study