Jehovah`s Witness/Generation

Question
Once again Brother Rando I thank you kindly for your reply and the links.
Actually I came across the Divine Name King James Bible (dnkb) some months ago, and found it very useful and informative on God’s name.
When I think back to the time I was a Catholic trinitarian and recited the “Lords Prayer” by rote, I never understood why Jesus used the words “hallowed be thy name thy kingdom come…” it was never explained what this kingdom was or what the Father name was. Of course I now realize it was a “model” prayer for the benefit of his disciples, never intended to be recited repeatedly by rote. The words or the meaning of the prayer was never explained to us…we just had to memorize the words.

During that time however I knew hardly anything about the Bible, so when I first read verse 7 of Matt. Chapter 6 the first thing that came to mind was the ‘rosary’ and the “Stations of the Cross” with numerous repetitions, recited so quick… all the words merged into an incomprehensible mumble.

You may be familiar with the book “Angela’s Ashes” by Frank McCourt. (which was made into a film)  In his sequel to Angela’s Ashes, he wrote “Tis” a memoir.
He described how he thought in his childhood years, the words in the “Hail Mary” “blessed art thou among women” were actually “blessed art thou a monk swimming”.

Of course being Irish myself and having lived in Limerick the same city around the same time as McCourt, I fully appreciated how he could have made such a mistake.
Most people there would have said “amongst” rather than “among” so you can appreciate how he misunderstood it the way he did.  
When I read this in his book, I burst out laughing.

No doubt I will be contacting you in the future for more knowledge and advise on Bible matters. However, if you have more to share about Parousia etc. I would be most grateful if you do so in any reply, as I am passing all this on to my wife who is also in her late seventies so you will appreciate that ‘information’ takes a little longer to sink in ;-)

Keep well. Fergus.

Answer
You know Fergus, I think we'll leave things alone at the present.  I do enjoy your experiences and find you with a good sense of humor.  We are more alike than you probably think.  The quote “blessed art thou a monk swimming” had me laughing out loud.  lol....

The Lords' prayer, the priests demanding to be called "Father" and the worshiping of idols was a "spiritual wakening" to me that Catholicism was not following the word of God but Church Tradition.  The paying monies to have prayers said for those suffering in Purgatory was something that screamed injustice to me.  I just couldn't serve a god of hatred and who believed in torturing people when I myself would never do such a thing.  

By means of Jehovah's Kingdom all the wrongs will be righted.  All the injustices will dissolve into the abyss to be lost forever.  We'll talk another time about the Parousia as Jesus Christ himself is leading the World Wide Preaching Work. "And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14)  

Sacred Secret Revealed~~~~~~> Matthew 24:14 is the Epiphania (Revealing/Manifestation) of Christ's Parousia (Presence).  The Epiphania began in 1919.

WTS: "This last statement concerning an earth-wide witness to the Kingdom was not a mere prediction. It was a directive for his disciples living in “the conclusion of the system of things.” It was a guide for their correct course of action down to the complete end of a system of things that is loveless and ridden with lawlessness in general, not merely with disrespect for God’s law. Who today prove to be true Christians, taking those words of Jesus Christ as a directive to them? The historical facts that have multiplied since 1919 truthfully answer, “Jehovah’s Witnesses”! Their Bible educational campaign regarding the Kingdom is the greatest on record, and they have shown endurance in it during the past 96 years. Each year now, it grows in scope and power." End of WTS.  

Take Care,
Brother Rando  

Jehovah`s Witness

Brother Rando