Jehovah`s Witness/God

QUESTION: John 1:1-3 JWs use a god  what does the Bible say Isaiah 43:10 NO GOD WAS FORMED
Therefore Jesus must be fully God or no God at all. JWs teach Jesus was created or formed.
Acts 5: 3-4 You have lied to Holy Spirit You have lied to God.
Holy Spirit is God!

Genesis Let us make Man in our image
Genesis 3:22 Behold man has become as one of Us
Genesis 11: 11:7 Go To Let Us Go Down

God is plural not singular.

ANSWER: Hello Timothy,

Witnesses of the great Almighty God Jehovah are not the only ones whose Bible translation says a god, in fact some Bibles do not even say a God or god at all, but use the word divine or godlike.  

6A Jesus—A Godlike One; Divine

Joh 1:1—“and the Word was a god (godlike; divine)”

Gr., καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος (kai the·osʹ en ho loʹgos)

“and the word was a god”

The New Testament, in An Improved Version, Upon the Basis of Archbishop Newcome’s New Translation: With a Corrected Text, London.

“and a god was the Word”

The Emphatic Diaglott (J21, interlinear reading), by Benjamin Wilson, New York and London.

“and the Word was divine”

The Bible—An American Translation, by J. M. P. Smith and E. J. Goodspeed, Chicago.

“and the Word was a god”

New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures, Brooklyn.

“and a god (or, of a divine kind) was the Word”*

Das Evangelium nach Johannes, by Siegfried Schulz, Göttingen, Germany.

“and godlike sort was the Logos”*

Das Evangelium nach Johannes, by Johannes Schneider, Berlin.

“and a god was the Logos”*

Das Evangelium nach Johannes, by Jürgen Becker, Würzburg, Germany.

These translations use such words as “a god,” “divine” or “godlike” because the Greek word θεός (the·osʹ) is a singular predicate noun occurring before the verb and is not preceded by the definite article. This is an anarthrous the·osʹ. The God with whom the Word, or Logos, was originally is designated here by the Greek expression ὁ θεός, that is, the·osʹ preceded by the definite article ho. This is an articular the·osʹ. Careful translators recognize that the articular construction of the noun points to an identity, a personality, whereas a singular anarthrous predicate noun preceding the verb points to a quality about someone. Therefore, John’s statement that the Word or Logos was “a god” or “divine” or “godlike” does not mean that he was the God with whom he was. It merely expresses a certain quality about the Word, or Logos, but it does not identify him as one and the same as God himself.

In the Greek text there are many cases of a singular anarthrous predicate noun preceding the verb, such as in Mr 6:49; 11:32; Joh 4:19; 6:70; 8:44; 9:17; 10:1, 13, 33; 12:6. In these places translators insert the indefinite article “a” before the predicate noun in order to bring out the quality or characteristic of the subject. Since the indefinite article is inserted before the predicate noun in such texts, with equal justification the indefinite article “a” is inserted before the anarthrous θεός in the predicate of John 1:1 to make it read “a god.” The Sacred Scriptures confirm the correctness of this rendering.

In his article “Qualitative Anarthrous Predicate Nouns: Mark 15:39 and John 1:1,” published in Journal of Biblical Literature, Vol. 92, Philadelphia, 1973, p. 85, Philip B. Harner said that such clauses as the one in Joh 1:1, “with an anarthrous predicate preceding the verb, are primarily qualitative in meaning. They indicate that the logos has the nature of theos. There is no basis for regarding the predicate theos as definite.” On p. 87 of his article, Harner concluded: “In John 1:1 I think that the qualitative force of the predicate is so prominent that the noun cannot be regarded as definite.”

Following is a list of instances in the gospels of Mark and John where various translators have rendered singular anarthrous predicate nouns occurring before the verb with an indefinite article to denote the indefinite and qualitative status of the subject nouns:

Scripture Text

New World Translation

King James Version

An American Translation

New International Version

Revised Standard Version

Today’s English Version

<<<End Quote>>>

You are taking scriptures out of context Timothy, Isaiah 43:10, Jehovah God the Father is speaking, not Jesus the Son, and Jehovah says "Before me no God was formed, And after me there has been none."  Jehovah is the ONLY true God, the Almighty, He ALONE is uncreated and has no beginning or end.  His Son Jesus also said at John 17:3, that his Father is the "only true God"

So therefore, if Jesus himself said his Father was the ONLY TRUE GOD, then are you calling Jesus a liar too!

Since Jehovah God does not have a beginning, you have to ask yourself how come John 1:1 speaks about In the Beginning, why would this even be said if this were only speaking of the Almighty who has no beginning.  But since Jesus is created, then there would be a beginning from when he was created by the Almighty who has no beginning.

Jesus is called a god, as the word god means Mighty One.  It's a title.  Men were called gods, Satan is called the god of this system of things, people made their own belly's a god.  The Bible says there are many lords and many gods.  (1 Cor. 8:5)  

So it seems like who ever doesn't consign to your belief is lying, even Jesus and the Bible.   You seem to not care as long as you think you can prove the Trinity, which is unprovable in the Bible!  (2 Cor. 4:4)

Acts 5:3-4 is another example of how Scriptures are taken out of context.  Jehovah's holy Spirit is from himself.  And Jehovah God uses his holy spirit to accomplish his will, in this case God's holy spirit revealed the truth, so lying against holy spirit is the same as lying against Jehovah because it belongs to him.

Matthew 12:32 "For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come."

But as your belief teaches, the Son is also Almighty God, yet if someone speaks a word against him it will be forgiven.  How can that be?  If all 3 are all Almighty God!  And you can't claim it's because he was a man at this time, because your belief teaches he was fully God and fully man at the same time.  As you said before, Jesus has two natures intertwined into one body.  Even though the Bible says everything was created according to its kind.  

If he was God and Man at the same time then there would be no need for Jesus to have even been born as a baby, he should have just came down when it was time for the Messiah to appear.  Why was he born?  Almighty God has no beginning ever and never will have a beginning or end, but a baby being born has a beginning inside the mother, Mary wasn't pregnant forever, she wasn't even alive forever.  Jehovah could not be ALMIGHTY if he had a beginning at some point in time.  He could not claim no beginning or end if he had a beginning inside of Mary.  

In Genesis, again this is taken out of context...Let us make man in our image was Jehovah speaking to his Son Jesus, as things were created through Jesus after Jesus himself was created by the one who was NOT created.  There were also myriads upon myriads of angels in heaven before man was created, even in the Bible in Genesis 1:1, where it says in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth, there was a beginning before that time, the spirit creatures were already in heaven for who knows how long.  

God created Jesus and other spirit creatures with Spirit bodies, they are invisible.  They do not have human bodies like Adam and Eve.  God created Adam and Even to be depended on him, to have to rely on God to decide for them what was good and what was bad.  When they took it upon themselves to decide what was good and what was bad by disobeying God they in fact made themselves into gods.   By their disobedience they were telling God they did not want him to decide what was bad and what was good, they would decide for themselves, thus taking that authority away from God and putting it upon themselves.

That's what people who are alienated from God do to this very day, and the way this world is do you think that what Adam and Eve did proved successful for them and those who followed in their footsteps?  Look at the News for the answer to that question!

Please stop taking scriptures out of context, it does not prove your false belief, it just makes your belief even more of a falsehood then it already is.  All it does is prove more and more that you or whoever you are getting your information from does not have any Scriptural understanding.  Did you know that John Nash, a mathematical genius once used books and magazines to decipher codes that he thought were put there by spy's?  Anyone can take anything out of context and make it into something it's not.    

What's vitally important is keeping things in context and learning the truth from it, accept it, and then apply it!

The demon inspired Trinity teaching is a LIE against the Almighty God himself!  You can call me a liar all you want to, but do you think it's wise to call God a liar when his Word is clear!?!   Sadly people such as yourself indirectly worship Satan with this blasphemy!

Good day,

Sister T

QUESTION: We both need much prayer! We both are trying to follow God the best we know how! I do believe that you are sincere in your belief of God. I want you to know that I am sincere in what I believe. There is going to be only one true group of followers right before The Time Of Trouble comes. Before the Final Battle Of Armaggdon. I do believe in such a battle just like JW's do!
Please pray for me Sister T! I will pray for you as well!

In Christian Love,

Hello Timothy,

You are correct, prayer is essential and I pray that you humble your heart to accept Bible truths.  And actually there is already ONLY one true group of followers and the time of trouble or distress is closer than you may realize, that group has manifested as the Witnesses of Jehovah, because they no longer follow the religions of Satan that contradict Bible truths, but rather they follow the Bible and make necessary adjustments to remain in line with the Bible.  They have learned the truth and have been set free as Jesus said. (John 8:32)  By their fruits you will recognize such ones who are truly followers of Jesus, not just in word but in deed (Matthew 7:13-23)   The world over, Jehovah's Witnesses have proved to be such!  

I believe that you are sincere in what you believe Timothy, most people who are part of a religion believe that their religious beliefs are the true ones, otherwise they would not be a part of it.  But what's important above all of that is making sure that what you believe and are being taught is in harmony with what the entire Bible teaches, not contradictions of other scriptures, not illogical, or that which makes no sense at all.  As I've showed you, the wisdom from above is not illogical in any sense.  

God gives understanding of his Word the Bible.   What would be the point in God having men pen the Bible if he was going to make it be so that we can never understand.  The Bible specifically says that the Scriptures were written for our instruction so that we may have hope, (Romans 15:4)  Can one be correctly instructed if their core belief system stems from something that makes no sense and can't be understood?  How can one put hope in something that can never be understood?   That's asking for blind faith and Jehovah God does not ask us for blind faith.  That's why he had the Bible penned to begin with because he does not ask for blind faith!

The Bible says, "...all scriptures are beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work."  (2 Timothy 3:16,17)  How would that be possible if vital information pertaining to God himself can't be understood?  

If you build a machine that was for a specific purpose that you wanted others to buy and use, would you write the instruction manual so that no one could ever understand how to use the machine?  No, why build the machine to begin with if you were going to do something senseless like that, you would make sure that anyone who wanted to know could learn and that the specific use was understood because the machine would only benefit those who used it properly.  Ones who wanted to use the machine properly and benefit from it would take the time to learn the correct way to use it.  But ones who didn't care would use it incorrectly and not get any results.   Thus the Bible, any who want to know can learn and benefit, but you have to want to know the truth, search for it and God will let you find it.

If you want to survive the Battle of Armageddon that is shortly upon us, then you must be willing to humble yourself and accept what the Bible says.  Not what you want it to say or what's been ingrained in you.  You have to let Scripture interpret Scripture and keep them in harmony and in context.

There are many who have your belief, in fact the majority of people in this world today share your beliefs and are sincere and have a zeal for God.  Just like the religious leaders of Jesus' time had a zeal for God, that's why they conspired to kill Jesus.  Instead of them humbling themselves and accepting Jesus' teachings that were different, they refused to make the needed changes that Jesus was laying out for them, they refused to accept and thus were not permitted to "see"

Their refusal caused them to lose out on becoming one of Jesus' brothers!  Their refusal to accept Jesus caused them to be rejected by Jehovah God himself!

In Noah's day, the majority were against Noah and what he was telling the people.  Today, JW's are telling people just like Noah did, and in Noah's time the majority did not listen and they lost their lives.  Can you imagine a world of people and out of them all only 8 individuals listened, obeyed, and survived!   Today it's the same, the majority refuse to listen, only a few, a little over 8 million are listening and obeying.  We warn many, yet as Jesus said would happen, they take no note just as in Noah's day!  Why end up like those people when you don't have to?  

Matthew 24:37-39, 44  "For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the Flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, 39 and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be."   44  On this account, you too prove yourselves ready, because the Son of man is coming at an hour that you do not think to be it."

2 Peter 2:5  "And he did not refrain from punishing an ancient world, but kept Noah, a preacher of righteousness, safe with seven others when he brought a flood upon a world of ungodly people."

Just like we were talking about Stephen before, the refusal of those religious leaders to accept "The Way" is why they stoned him.  

As I said earlier, I'm sure that you are sincere and have a zeal for God, if you didn't, you wouldn't be on this forum writing to me trying to prove your beliefs.   I don't doubt that you are sincere, but your beliefs do not coincide with the Bible at all!   Take heed of this important scripture:

Romans 10:2,3 "For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to accurate knowledge. 3 For because of not knowing the righteousness of God but seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God."

You have a zeal, but in order for it to count with God, it has to be according to accurate Bible knowledge.  So either you want to serve God in complete truth, which is the only worship God will accept, or you don't care. (John 4:23,24) The choice is up to you!  Choose Jehovah and live!

Take Care,

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)