Jehovah`s Witness/john 1:1

Question
Sister T, Thank you for your prompt reply.  You point out that the Apostle John said, "No man has seen God at any time" and ask how, then, Jesus, who was seen, could be God.  But elsewhere we read, "The Son is the image of the invisible God." (Col 1:15).  How can something that is invisible yet have an "image"?  Because God took upon himself human flesh.  God became man, without ceasing to be God -- so when we gaze upon the man Jesus, we see the very Person of God, the second Person of the Trinity, whom God was with in the beginning.

John 1:3 says, "All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence."  But the WTS does not truly believe these words, Sister T.  They do not believe "ALL things" came into existence through the Son.  They believe "all things OTHER THAN HIMSELF" came into existence through him, in that he all came into existence.  They do not believe that "apart from him not even one thing came into existence."  They believe "apart from him ONE THING came into existence" -- namely, he himself.  He himself came into existence "apart from" his own act of creation.  Therefore, what the WTS really believes is: "All OTHER things came into existence through him, and apart from him ONLY ONE THING came into existence." They should change the text to read this when when they come out with a new edition of their NWT.

Sister T, when the WTS adds the word "other" four times in scriptures at Colossians 1:16-18 it is altering the meaning of God's inspired words.  If it is "common sense" that this is what the inspired writer meant, he would have used the Greek word "other" -- but he didn't.  Read these two sentences, and ask yourself if they have the same meaning:

"All apples are in the basket."
"All OTHER apples are in the basket."

They clearly mean different things, and in like manner, the WTS is changing the meaning of the Apostles' words.  The WTS couldn't do this at John 1:3 where it says, "All things came into existence through him" to make the text read "All OTHER things came into existence through him..." Why?  Because in the very next breath, the Apostle makes them look foolish by saying "not even ONE thing came into existence" without him. The Apostle is emphatic, but the WTS will not have it.  Everywhere we look, the Bible needs to be altered to better fit the WTS teachings.  Look for new changes in future editions of the NWT!

Answer
Hello Keith,

We have different beliefs....so it's no point in going around the bend.  I really do not want to debate about illogical things.  God is far from being illogical.  The laws of gravity and other laws of nature attest to that.  Mathematics alone attest to that.  

Again, being the image of something or someone means you can not actually be that something or someone.  An image is a representation of something else, a reflection of something or someone else, being just like something or someone else, doesn't make it be that something or someone else.  That's why it's called an image to begin with.  There is no need to call something or someone an image if it's really them Keith.

You said, "How can something that is invisible yet have an "image"?"   The Bible says if there is a physical body there is also a Spiritual body, (1 Cor. 15:44)  just because something is invisible doesn't mean it doesn't have a form or body.  The Bible says it does.

So then by your definition of image you must think that humans are Almighty God too or that we are invisible because Gen.1:27 says, "And God went on to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them"

I don't know about you, but I can see other humans just fine.  

No man has seen God at any time, don't try to get around that.  God has never been as low as a man with flesh and blood.  What a dishonor to put the Almighty into the category of lowly humans.  We are even lower than the angels.  God cannot claim Almighty if he died, if any part of him died, or became less.  Once that happens Almighty just went out the window.  It never happened.  

Keith, KJV adds words and changed them, just like in John 1:1, you should really be concerned with that!

You know the Sun is about 93 million miles away from earth, and yet people have died on earth from the heat of the Sun at times, we are even told not to keep looking directly at the Sun.  

You can't approach the Sun and survive, yet there are stars that dwarf our Sun, and Jehovah is the one who created them, when you can land on the sun and keep living, not to mention land on the ones that dwarf even the Sun, then you can attempt to argue that you can be in Almighty God's presence being a human and still keep living.  Not to mention that God told Moses no man can see him and live (Ex. 33:20)  

Since the Bible teaches that the only uncreated being in this entire Universe is Jehovah God, then of course we believe as the Bible says that Jesus was created when his Father created him.  And through Jesus all other things, or the rest of creation came into existence.  

If all things came into existence through Jesus, it's with the exception of himself Keith since he had to have already been created for it to be THROUGH him.  All things came into existence through him and not one thing came into existence without him, why?  because he was created before all other things.    

Jesus is the first born of ALL creation.  Meaning not one thing came into existence before he did.   He was first!   That's why the Bible says he's the firstborn of ALL Creation.  (Col 1:15; Rev 3:14)  Again, Jehovah has no beginning, Jehovah is not of creation

The Trinity teaches that Jesus is uncreated, co-eternal, then turns around and teaches that he died being co-eternal and fully God (God-Man), sounds more like Pagan Greek Mythology than Bible teachings.  Contradictions left and right, you can't be eternal and then die.  Either you are eternal or you are not, you can't be somewhat eternal.  Just like a woman can't be somewhat pregnant, either a woman is pregnant or she is not.  There is no way on the face of this earth that you can prove that teaching from the Bible.  I do not believe in that teaching and the Bible doesn't support it, not to mention how much it doesn't make a bit of sense.  

Everywhere we look people are altering the Bible and the English language to try to fit the false Trinity teaching and it just isn't going to fly.  Too many scriptures are against that false teaching, way too many.  It can't be proved by the Bible, it's illogical and makes no sense whatsoever and it's not from God.  Satan is having a field day with this one.  People will believe anything, even if it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!  He's probably splitting his sides laughing so hard.

Anybody can change the meaning of words and use double talk and say things don't mean what they really mean, it still doesn't make it so and it still can't be proved from the Bible.  A person can say the Moon is made of cheese all day and all night long, it doesn't make it so and it can't be proved to be so.   Your own believers in the Trinity have to end with it being an unexplainable Mystery that can not be understood and/or proved from the Bible.   No thank you Keith!...I'd rather believe in Bible truths that do not contradict other scriptures and make perfect sense!

Have a good day,

Sister T

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T