QUESTION: Hello Sister T. It is good to know that loyal sisters like you can afford to dedicate some extra time for the sake of the brotherhood.
Please, i need facts concerning moving from one congregation to another. I desire to have information (society references through WT, KM, letters to congregations or elders etc) concerning the transfer of publisher's record card(as well as accompanying letter) to a new congregation AHEAD of the publisher.
What i mean is:
A brother has met with the coordinator/secretary of his intending new congregation that he will be relocating there within a short time, and wants the card to be on its way or have arrived at the new congregation before his final arrival at the new congregation. The coordinator/secretary of his intending new congregation has agreed to this and have contacted the old congregation to send the publisher's card to their congregation pending the publisher's arrival. This is to save time for the publisher so that his theocratic activities can resume fully on arrival at the new congregation without delay. Unfortunately, the secretary of the old congregation refuses to send the publisher's card who is already no longer associating with the congregation.
Discussion with CO's indicate that one can actually request for transfer prior to arrival, but society references om the issue seem hard to locate.
Please, brother, assist in providing society references buttressing this point since all things have to be done theocratically.
Thank you.

ANSWER: Greetings Brother Yemi, thank you for writing and for your kind words!  Warm Christian love to all my dear brothers and sisters in your Country...

Your answer is in the green book Organized To Do Jehovah's Will on pages 87-88.

It's an honor to hear from my dear fellow Witnesses in other lands!  May Jehovah bless your efforts in His service!

Christian Love,

Sister T

QUESTION: Thank you very much for your answer. I am happy. However, if you can discuss this issue with another sound spiritual brother or sister for additional references, i will be most pleased. I am from Nigeria. Thanks a million, and God's loving care on you and your family.

ANSWER: Hello Brother Yemi,

The best I could do is to speak to my own congregation Secretary and ask him what the process was when a publisher moves and if there is any reason why he would not send their card.  His response was they can't stop a person from moving and he would find out who the Secretary of the other congregation was, contact them and mail him the publisher's card along with a letter of introduction.  He said there is no reason why that would not be done, because it helps the other congregation know who they are getting.  The letter of introduction that would be mailed along with the Publisher's card would give their interactions with said Publisher, be it bad or good.  He said they certainly do not want to make it hard for anyone.  

This was from my congregation Secretary, so for someone to NOT send a publisher card, something else must be going on with that person.  No reference work would suffice I don't think because the Secretary already knows the procedures and if he is refusing to do so, something else is going on that isn't suppose to be.  I suggest the Publisher contact their Branch office to see why the Secretary is refusing to send their card and get to the bottom of it all.  They can't say, "No, I'm not sending your card",  It doesn't work that way.

There in Nigeria here's the link to the branch office, contact them right away I suggest:

I hope that was helpful...

God's loving care to you and your family as well Brother Yemi!

Sister T

QUESTION: You are a TRUE sister, and i must thank Jehovah that my search for help was fruitful. May Jah continue to bless you abundantly, and into the new world. My gratitude to your the loyal and wise elder you consulted too. May he continue to uphold Jah's laws without hypocrisy.
Yes, in Nigeria, some elders can hold on to your card, if they so desire!
Let me explain the true picture of things to you, since my spirit directs me to.

As one raised up as a JW and a recovered stammerer, i have come to know some hard facts:
1) That the angels of the congregations have a lot of impact on the sheep's spiritual prosperity
2) That spirituality is more linked to your Personal relationship with Jehovah, rather than 'works of faith" which may be hypocritical, ambitious driven or selfish in some instances.
You see, let me elucidate on the true picture of things. Sadly in some Nigerian congregations, the spirit of Diotrephes exists among some angels of the congregation, the elders. With authority given them abused, they implement Jehovah's standard to suit their purpose, and thus manipulate the flock untheocratically. Any flock with the spirit of Hanani the seer is prevented from growing in the christian congregation. Years will pass, and no recommendation is made of you, since you do not share some of their views which are untheocratic, and not directly bible based. The best thing a wise brother will do is not to contend with them, but to seek another congregation with hope in Jehovah instead of being joyless in service. Really, from experience, other congregations with a better flow of Gods's spirit of understanding helps the spiritual prosperity and joy of brothers like me. Or how would you explain  repeated instances of brothers in one congregation for say,15 years who remain publishers, and after changing congregations within say,2 years becomes a ministerial servant? Isn't it a willful suppression of spiritual growth by the elders in the previous congregation that caused such delay? Without changing, would the brother not remain in a suppressed spiritual state? You can now see that in my attempt to change congregation, the secretary knows that his intention of preventing any growth will be cut off, and as such is holding on sadistically to my card! What else can i do? Hand him over to Jehovah's judgement? Contend with him vigorously like Jacob in Genesis 32: 24-32? Please discuss with your consulted elder too and advise. Jehovah's spirit upon you the more.

Bro. Adeyemi

Hello Brother Adeyemi,

Greetings to you and your family and all my dear brothers and sisters in Nigeria!

Sorry for the delay in responding.  It's good that the Bible gives us warnings about such matters, as you said just like with the first century Christians, we know that some will have the spirit of Diotrephes.  That's why our worship is to Jehovah, because dear brother, Jehovah knows what's going on and He sees it all.  And in His due time he will take care of anything and anyone who deviates from pure worship.  We just have to be patient and wait on Jehovah.  

We recently had a talk regarding this, how some may feel that they are being held back or over looked etc.  Our dear shepherds work very hard for our spirituality but we ourselves have to have a personal relationship with Jehovah, privileges in the congregation does not give us extra points with Jehovah, and no one should be down hearted if they do not get what they think they should have because our faith in Jehovah and endurance will show that we ourselves are not being overly ambitious or looking to humans for honor or praise.  Jehovah see's your faith in him and will bless your efforts.  And any who deviate, be it elder or not, Jehovah will deal with them appropriately.  The talk also said that when people leave the congregation they miss out on the justice that Jehovah will meet regarding anything that is going on that is wrong regarding spiritual matters.  

The difference from false religion and ours, true religion, is, we know that Jehovah our God is the only true living God...and we know that He is backing our entire organization, so we can be confident that Jehovah will handle things.  We know that the weeds grow with the wheat.  If you decide to change congregations that's your choice, but just remember that we must remain faithful to Jehovah in all things.

Here's a very good account to read about situations such as you described, it's about David.  We actually are reading about him for our weekly Bible reading there in 1st and 2nd Samuel.  

Jehovah anointed King Saul to be King.  But later down the road King Saul lost Jehovah's favor by his wrong actions.  He tried shooting a spear at David a few times, and chased after him in order to put him to death.  But did that mean that it was all right for David to take revenge on Saul or avenge himself?  David said it was unthinkable of him to do anything against Jehovah's anointed. (1 Sam. 24:4-7, 12)  David fled and hid in caves for a long time.  Yet he refused to go against Saul, even when David had been anointed as future King in Saul's place by Samuel, (1 Sam. 16:1-3, 13)  David did not go to Saul and say, I was anointed too by Jehovah to take your place so I'm going to take over now because you are not serving Jehovah the right way.  No, David waited patiently, not only that but in caves and in hiding.  And if he needed to flee he fled.  And even when someone saw that Saul had been killed and claimed that he had done it, thinking he would make David happy.   He was wrong, David had him killed because he said he had killed Saul, even though he was lying about that, but David was not pleased.  Why?  Because Saul had been anointed by Jehovah and David said he would let Jehovah handle Saul.  Two more people learned of Saul's death and claimed to have done so, and they too were put to death because David viewed Saul as the anointed of Jehovah.  Even though Saul had lost Jehovah's favor by his proven bad actions .

David is the example that we need to follow in having patience and letting Jehovah handle things.  The elders are appointed by holy spirit, and we do good to let Jehovah handle anything that has to do with that situation on spiritual matters, yes, we report things, that goes without saying, but we also have to be patient and really trust that Jehovah will handle it.

If you choose to leave and your card is not sent, then make a name for yourself in the new congregation, Other people could also vouch for you as well if you explain the situation, your fine conduct will shine forth, but what is more, make a name for yourself with Jehovah the way David did.  Pray on it, and do not be consumed with it.  Ask yourself what are the privileges that I feel that I deserve and am not getting, and do I feel I need these in order to serve God faithfully and whole souled?

If our time is so consumed with what we can't have, how can we give whole souled devotion to Jehovah with what we do have?  Maybe Jehovah is not permitting it for a reason, maybe refinement within oneself needs to take place first?  Moses was trained for 40 years before Jehovah permitted him to lead Israel out of Egypt, Joseph also went through a training period when his brothers sold him into slavery in Egypt.  

If there is wrong doing going on, then report it.  Then leave it in Jehovah's hands!

I hope that you have a great day and again I apologize for the delay in replying.

My warmest thoughts to you in Nigeria, we dearly love our entire brotherhood earth wide!!

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)