Jehovah`s Witness/seeing the sad side of the JW's

Hello, Robert

Just wondered if you still keep up with whats going on within the JW halls/organization... because there is a few things i'm starting to notice... as I stopped going and looked in for a change...I am in good standing, but not regular... but maybe that means i'm not in good standing...hhhmmm

Anyway...the alcohol abuse is very high-(sisters and brothers) it because this system is weighing them down, or is living the lifestyle of a witness-( its does and donts, and prescribed goals)the problem, or both.

The disfellowshipping of the younger men/women who were baptized at ages 11 to 16....ive seen a big increase here. The WT encourages parents to get their young to get baptized early, and then when their hormones kick in and they get curious and adventurous, and their hormones get the best of them... they get DF'd. And you know what that does to a family. I don't get it... is it for numbers, or a parents "ego", or both.

And in your honest opinion, do you believe the WT as a corporation makes money off the assemblies, and special assembly days...and their other pursuits-(collecting life insurance policies, stocks, real estate, jewelry, material possessions, ect.?

And why is it that if you even bring up the child molestation cases, that are factual and proven, some witnesses will look at you like you've committed a sin, and shrug it off, and then avoid you... but yet point at the Catholic church...ooohhh bad people... those gross immoral men.

Hi David,

No, I don't keep up with what is going on any more. It has been so long that I have been out.

Everything you say is true. It is true that the WT Society uses assemblies, assembly halls, and all that you mentioned to make money. This includes Kingdom Hall construction and building funds.

Jehovah`s Witness

Robert Jones

1. How the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is stuctured, how it operates, and how it exercises control over its members. 2. What Jehovah's Witnesses believe, why, and who determines doctrine.

It is a waste of time to argue with Jehovah's Witnesses or to present lists of scriptural proofs to show where they are in error. Jehovah's Witnesses listen only the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" and immediately accept changes that come through the pages of The Watchtower magazine.

I survived 1975. For 32 years, from 1968 to 2000, I embraced and promoted everything coming through Jehovah's sole channel of communication, the "Faithful and Discreet Slave." I accepted doctrinal changes as "new light", meat in due season, from the Slave Class.

Was an elder the last 13 years, WT Study Conductor, Congregation Secretary, Book Study Conductor, and occasional Pioneer. Never "irregular" or "inactive" as the labels go. I have not been reproved or disfellowshipped. I no longer attend meetings or practice the religion. I have not started smoking, drinking, gambling, using drugs, or had any sort of emotional breakdown. How silly.

I am not a servant of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave", the WTBTS, or any other man-made organization. I hope to explain, not defend, the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses. I believe in universal truths such as kindness, humility, charity, and love. I do not believe that God selected a special group, the Jews or CT Russell followers for example, to receive a special message or blessing. I do not believe that one religion has it all right and therfore other religions are wrong. I believe it is a delusion for one group of humans to claim that "God chose us and therefore God did not choose you." I consider spirituality to be a personal endeavor that each person must discover for themselves.

Degree in Computer Programming. Not applicable here.