Jehovah`s Witness/United Nations and Prophecy

Question
This is a SERIOUS question from an active Jehovah's witness (Central Congregation, Tucson, AZ), it is not a typical UN prophecy question.

I believe we Jehovah's witnesses formed a provable expose' of the modern United Nations developmental activity in prophecy and in the world in regard to the 1919 League of Nations "image" presentation of Revelation 13:11-15, and Daniel 12:11 parallel. I believe the United Nations did emerge from the WW2 "abyss" of global inaction of the League of Nations to fulfill Revelation 17:8-11 in 1945.

My question is:

If we Jehovah's witnesses exposed the UN as prophecy in 1919 and 1945, then why does Bethel say nothing about the 3rd United Nations presentation after the Cold War in 1990?

In keeping with Jehovah's foresight, would not the 3rd UN event of 1990 ALSO be in prophecy? ...thus a UN 1-2-3 continuum, so far, en route to world government which would then be a predictable 4th UN presentation also in prophecy of the future? (Rev17:12; Dan11:45; Dan8:25; Dan 12:11 final fulfillment)

Why does Bethel now, all of a sudden since 1990, fully ignore UN global development since 1990?

Thank You

Answer
Hello Michelle,

I haven't researched all that you have written, but I will just reply with what I assume you are referring to, if not, please feel free to correct me if I misunderstand what you are asking.  

Simply put....the identity of the Wild Beast, the League of Nations, and its image, the UN was foretold.  The UN still exists, it has not dissolved.  It's active today, so any events that happen under their reign (doesn't matter how many events happen) it's still the UN, not another entity.   

The prophecy in the Bible speaks of the scarlet colored wild beast (UN) being the one to destroy Babylon the Great.  Since Babylon the Great is still here, and so is the UN...then there is nothing that is being ignored.  Whatever the UN does inbetween the time of their destroying false religion is just what occurs.  Once the cry of peace and security has happened, the major event is the destruction of false religion.  What more is there of major importance than that!!  That is the start of the Great Tribulation.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Why does Bethel now, all of sudden since 1990 fully ignore UN global development since 1990."  What makes you think they ignore any developments?  They are keeping on the watch more than ever as the day draws near.  Being a Witness you should know that!

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T