Jehovah`s Witness/Wondering if my Jehovah's Witness is to hard on me

QUESTION: I am married to a Jehovah's Witness.
I am Christain and very involved with my church.
We have always gone to seperate places of worship.
We decided to have a child and Was blessed with a daughter.
She is now 3 yrs old. I let her go with me to church and also to the Kingdom Hall.
I am respectful of not having to much tradition around
Holidays but my family does celebrate everything and I mean everything.
I do let our daughter watch Disney movies and let her know it isn't real.
Her favorite movie right now is Frozen. I get that it has magic but I also grew up watching
Disney movies and didnt believe in magic.
My husband has a huge problem with this and told me last night after noticing she was watching
Frozen he began to have an attitude. He even told me that I was disrespectful to our creator and made me
Feel terrible. I don't think he should talk to me like that. It isn't loving and he knows I am not
Jehovah's Witness. I am very involved with church and loving on people.
Is this way something he is being taught? I have gone to the Kingdom Hall and love all the friends. What
Advice could you offer me? He is always putting my church down and my beliefs in front of our child.

ANSWER: Hello Brook and thank you for writing,

I know it's not easy when there are two different belief systems to contend with.  You mentioned that you are a Christian and attend church.  I commend you for wanting to know about God and for reaching out regarding what Jehovah's Witnesses believe and maybe I can shed some light on why your husband was upset.

Some movies that are out there may seem harmless, especially if it's a cartoon and geared towards children.  But that's why we should let the Bible have the last say.  As a JW, we strive to live by the Bible the best we can.  The God of the Bible has told us what is acceptable and what is not, and if we want him to accept our worship we must worship him in truth.

John 4:24 "God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth.”

Religion today has a bad reputation due to the hypocrisy involved as people do not practice what they preach or what the Bible says.  Adam and Eve were prime examples of ones who instead of letting God tell them what was right and what was wrong, they decided for themselves and as we can see from the condition of this world that decision was not a good one, and people today suffer the consequences from their actions.  Not only was it them who did wrong, but a spirit creature who turned wicked, was involved too, Satan the devil.  Satan continues to try and get people to go against God.  It may seem innocent, such as a movie for children, but yet, it features something that God outright condemns, Magic.  

Luke 16:10 "The person faithful in what is least is faithful also in much, and the person unrighteous in what is least is unrighteous also in much."

Most parents would not let their little child watch the movie called the Exorcist, why?  Because it's a horror movie for one, it's about wicked spirits who possess someone.  What if the movie was changed to be animated, and the horror theme removed, is this something that is now all right?  It's still about the same thing.  

Magic has always been associated with the occult. Please remember JW's take the worship of our God Jehovah very serious, as we put God first in our lives, first in all things. (Matt 6:33)  So with that thought let's read what the Bible says about Magic, and I hope you can understand why your husband is against his daughter watching it:

Lev. 19:26 "...“‘You must not look for omens or practice magic."

Deut. 18:10-14 "There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, anyone who employs divination, anyone practicing magic, anyone who looks for omens, a sorcerer, 11 anyone binding others with a spell, anyone who consults a spirit medium or a fortune-teller, or anyone who inquires of the dead. 12 For whoever does these things is detestable to Jehovah, and on account of these detestable practices Jehovah your God is driving them away from before you. 13 You should prove yourself blameless before Jehovah your God.

14 “For these nations that you are dispossessing used to listen to those practicing magic and divination, but Jehovah your God has not allowed you to do anything like this."

So it's not about your husband being disrespectful to you or mean to your daughter, it's about him trying to serve his God in truth according to the Bible.  It may seem like harmless fun, but that's how Satan gets people to go against God.  Some people say there is bad magic and good magic, but the Bible, however, makes no distinction between magic that is good and magic that is evil. In the Law given to Moses, God made his position quite clear. He said: “You must not practice magic."

So if you know that he does not approve of his daughter watching a movie that features magic which is condemned in the Bible, then please try to look at it from the Bible's viewpoint.  For example, your daughter may love to drink milk, but if the milk was left out on the table all night and was now sour, would you allow her to drink it just because she loves milk?  No you would explain to her that the milk is bad and it will cause you to become sick.  The same goes for any thing that has incorporated things that the Bible clearly condemns, yes she may love the movie, but it features things that are condemned in the Bible.

Think of something that you are against, or that people are strongly against, would it be all right to glorify it by making it into a cartoon movie or comedy for kids?  Does that change it?   

Godly wives look to the Christian congregation as a model. When Jesus was on earth, his followers gladly abandoned their previous pursuits and followed him. After his death, they continued subject to him, and over the past nearly 2,000 years, the true Christian congregation has remained subject to Jesus and followed his leadership in all things. Christian wives similarly do not disdain their husbands or seek to downplay the Scriptural arrangement of headship in marriage. Instead, they support and are submissive to their husbands, cooperate with them, and thus encourage them. When both husband and wife act in such a loving way, their marriage will succeed and both will find joy in the relationship.

“Let wives be in subjection to their husbands as to the Lord. Husbands, continue loving your wives.” Ephesians 5:22, 25.

I know this may not be what you wanted to hear but it's important to get the viewpoint of the Bible on all things.  That way, no one can say it's from man.   

Sister T

QUESTION: Thank you for the great advice. I do understand and try hard to not be of the world and protect our daughter.
It's just hard because we have a lot of different views. I do go to the Bible but find myself interpreting things different than my husband. He does not support me at all in all the areas of ministry that I am involved with. He thinks none of them are useful. I believe God has called me to the ministry's I am involved with currently. I see the great changes we have both made to better our lives and he still is hard on me. It would be able to have a better relationship he he would support me the way I support him. He both are serving God just different. He was a drug dealor for yes and when he met me I was a stripper and a drug addict and an alcoholic. He found Jehovah in prison. I became baptized soon after he was sent away. Both of us all servants to our God. I serve at church with the children and also go to gentlemens club once a month. He serves I. The Kingdom Hall. We both are on a righteous path. If you ask him only be is affective in ministry. Does he need counsel from a JW about this issue?

Hello Brook,

You are welcome, and you and him both have worked hard to better your lives and that is very commendable and from your viewpoint I can see why you feel that way. There are 3 who are involved here, you, your husband, and Jehovah God.  The viewpoint that is the most important is God's.  

You said, "We both are serving God just different." You have to understand something very important, there is only one TRUE God, that is the God of the Bible and his name is Jehovah (Ps. 83:18).  A lot of people today view things the way you do, they believe that we all serve the same God, or as long as you are serving God it doesn't matter which denomination it is.  

Yet that is the furthest from the truth, it does matter, Brook, it matters to Jehovah, as he is a God that exacts exclusive devotion.  This cannot be taken lightly.

Exodus 34:14 "You must not bow down to another god, for Jehovah is known for requiring exclusive devotion. Yes, he is a God who requires exclusive devotion."

I do not know what denomination you are, but is it safe to say that you use the cross in your worship?  That you pray to Jesus as being Almighty God, and Jehovah is not given any credit, or that Jehovah is now Jesus?  Do you believe that people have immortal souls, and do you believe in hellfire?

If so, then you are not both servants of the God of the Bible.  Because if your church teaches any of those things, even if it's just one of them, then its not serving the God of the Bible, this is why your husband is trying to warn you that your service, as genuine as it may be to you, is not acceptable worship to the God of the Bible.  

It's important to find out what God accepts and then do it.  We can not tell God how we will worship him, he tells us through the Bible.  It means your very life Brook, the church teachings go contrary to the Bible and disrespect and dishonor the God of the Bible, as it mixes pagan worship with true worship, something that God detests.  If you truly want to protect your daughter and also yourself, I think you should find out more about what your church is teaching you and if it lines up with the Bible.  What are you learning about God at Church, ask them to show you in the Bible and prove what they are teaching, without contradicting any other Bible verses.  God is a God not of disorder, but of peace (1 Cor. 14:33), so things that make no sense, are all over the place and not in harmony with other scriptures is not of God, God is not a mystery.  

Helping other people out is a good quality to have, and I applaud your willingness to want to help others, but did you know it's all in vain if you aren't worshipping the true God the way he said to?  People can't bring about peace if they refuse to serve God as he requires.  That's why this world is so messed up now, we were never meant to govern ourselves, (Jer 10:23) or to grow old and then die.  God has a purpose for this earth that is a true reality, only the ones who serve him exclusively will be part of that marvelous purpose.  Your husband knows this, and is why he does not support something that teaches things that go contrary to what the Bible says.  

It's not that he doesn't support you, it's not about you Brook, please try to understand this, it's about the fact that your beliefs do not coincide with the Bible and that my dear is crucial for your salvation and that of your daughter.  

There is but ONE faith the Bible tells us, there isn't a bunch of different faiths (or beliefs) that lead to the God of the Bible, there is but one.

Eph. 4:5,6 "one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."

A JW can not give him counsel for standing up for the truth, people have died because they have refused to compromise God's truths Brook, and for him to do so would be him betraying his God!!  Since we put Jehovah God even before our own selves, then it is not fair for you to ask him to put something that the Bible shows is false teachings before Jehovah God.  You are asking the impossible with that.  

You said you both are on a righteous path, but Jesus in the Bible said there is just ONE road or path that leads to life, the other road leads to destruction.

Matthew 7:13,14 “Go in through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are finding it."

So according to the Bible there's only two paths in life that people can take.  Brook you can't both be on the path that Jesus spoke about if your ministry teaches things that are contrary to what the Bible teaches.  

If you truly want help then I suggest you really dig into what the Bible says, and pray to Jehovah God through his son Jesus and ask him to help you learn the truth, and mean it.  Maybe even ask your husband to study the book, "What Does the Bible Really Teach" with you.  You do not have to become a JW to study and then maybe that will help you to understand why he can't support your church ministry and still give Jehovah exclusive devotion.  

Feel free to write anytime, and again congratulations on pulling your life together, that's not an easy thing to do and many do not make it out, you did, he did, now there is so much more that you can gain, life everlasting on a beautiful paradise earth along with your husband and child.

Psalms 37:29 "The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it."

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)