Jehovah`s Witness/the Devil 2

Question
Hi Brenton,

I hope you haven’t forgotten our discussion on the question that the Devil is an actual person. You would have seen by now how some who claim that the Devil is a not an actual person explain away certain  Bible passages. So don’t you think that irrefutable prove is the fact that the Bible shows the Devil is a real person because he engages in conversations with another real person;  and the fact that he is called a liar, a father, even a ruler, these overwhelming proofs, you must agree, are indicators that they are attributes of a real person? Don't you agree?

Answer
Edit 24 June 2015

Hi Cos.

This subject about proving Satan is a real person is taking me a lot longer than I hoped it would.  Finding and reading just  what influences a Christadelphian  to think the way that they do is taking a lot of time.  Then trying to work out how to counter it by looking up meanings of Hebrew and Greek words and learning how those words are used, comparing many different Bible versions to see how other translators besides the RSV which I believe the Christadelphians  use also take a lot of time.  When I have gone searching for information, I at times find my self getting side tracked by other other things and that has also held up my response.  I truly apologise for that.  I am feeling very embarrassed about not having provided an answer as yet.  In my searching I came across this web site (I do not know what his religious affiliation is) that might help.  The pdf file can be saved to your computer

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/christadelphianresearch/Satan%20The%20Devil%203.pdf

As yet I have not read all of that article, but from what I have read his conclusions have been similar to the  JW point of view.

I will leave you with that article for now.  I will continue reading it, and if after you have read it you have more questions please ask and I will do my best to find an answer if I can
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Cos,

I am sorry for the delay.  Thank you for your patients

No I have not forgotten about the discussion.

The topic of a “no personal devil” is not one I have dealt with before,  so it  has made me do a lot of reading on what, and why Christadelphians believe what they do.   To fully explain to a Christadelphian why the Bible  teaches that there is a “personal” devil with name Satan, means having to go into other explanations on topics they they do not believe in such as no pre-human existence of Jesus, and no ransom sacrifice.   I am finding it difficult to know just what to include in an answer without  going to far into the other topics.  So I can provide an answer for you that assumes that they other topics are not a problem, or I can provide an answer that goes into the other topics as well.

Unfortunately also I have forgotten to save some of my research and I lost about 6 pages of information I had gathered and have had to start again find it.

Please be assured that I am working on an answer as quickly as time permits.

Brenton

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenton Hepburn