Jehovah`s Witness/Harvest time

Question
Hello Brother Rando,

I have a question that I have been aching to get an answer too. In Matthew Chapter 13, Jesus told his disciples, "Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse."

My question is, if there is a harvest season when does it begin and when does it end?

Thank you for your insight and may Jehovah continue Blessing You!
Bradley

Answer
Hello Bradley and thank you for writing.  The Harvest Season that Jesus is referring to is the 'set time' of gathering the anointed in the conclusion of Satan's system of things.  Why do we know this?  Because Satan the Master Deceiver has planted weeds among the wheat and in it's infancy until fully grown, wheat and weeds are identical.  This began in 1914 and some have speculated that this time period would last 120 years:

"Early in 1914, an issue of The Bible Students Monthly was issued with the large bold heading “END OF WORLD IN 1914? Some have quoted the large headline of this tract as proof that Russell was expecting the “end of the world” in 1914. However, such neglect the subheading under the larger headline, which states: “NOT THE VIEW OF PASTOR RUSSELL NOR OF I.B.S.A.” International Bible Students Association: "Nevertheless, when viewed from God’s standpoint, we are still “shortly after” 1914. Although Russell himself did not think the time of trouble would be this long, he did allow that it could be. It is possible that the time allotted for this period is 120 years (1914+120=2034), but that these days will be “cut short” some time before they are allowed to reach their end. We do not put this forth as a “prophecy”, nor would we feel anything was wrong if 2034 came and went and nothing had happened as far the full binding of Satan and the destruction of his empire is concerned. All things are in God’s hands."

This coincides and fits into our deeper and current understanding of (Matthew 13:24-30). In regards to the sowing period , it also has a specific time period. This sowing period began at Pentecost 33 CE and according to the prophecy Jesus set in motion at (John 2:19), he stated, “Break down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”  Based on this scriptural teaching uttered by Jesus Christ himself, he was to raise God's temple in the third day, therefore, the "sowing period" would last two days in heavens time. By applying (2 Peter 3:8) "a day to Jehovah is a thousand years", the "sowing period" of two days would overlap for a good part of the harvest period.

Sowing period ~~ Pentecost 33 CE to Pentecost 2033 CE.
Harvest period in the conclusion of Satan's system of things ~~ October 1914 to October 2034.

This is why I say get to 2034.  When 2034 comes and goes, continue walking in faith so that the Day of Jehovah doesn't come upon you as a snare. For the unfaithful cannot not stand before the son of man. Hold on, A New World is coming!

However, there is another Harvest that begins within this period of allotted time of Satan's system.  The potential members of the Great Crowd for the New Earth. (Rev 7:13-14)  This period began in 1935.  If the same time period is used for Noah of 120 years, then that would poise us for the New World by 2055. (1935+120=2055)

Jehovah uses 40 year period of allotted times to purify and refine his people. Two of the refining periods have passed and we are now entering the third and final phase. (2015+40=2055)  "Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.  But Jehovah’s day will come as a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar, but the elements being intensely hot will be dissolved, and earth and the works in it will be exposed." (2 Peter 3:9-10)

"Therefore, do not throw away your boldness, which will be richly rewarded.  For you need endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the fulfillment of the promise. For yet “a very little while,” and “the one who is coming will arrive and will not delay.”  “But my righteous one will live by reason of faith,” and “if he shrinks back, I have no pleasure in him.”  Now we are not the sort who shrink back to destruction, but the sort who have faith for the preserving of our lives." (Hebrews 10:35-39)

"The angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the earth raised his right hand to heaven,  and he swore by the One who lives forever and ever, who created the heaven and the things in it and the earth and the things in it and the sea and the things in it: “There will be no delay any longer." (Revelation 10:5-6)

"He will revive us after two days. On the third day he will raise us up, And we will live before him." (Hosea 6:2)

"For the vision is yet for its appointed time, And it is rushing toward its end, and it will not lie. Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it! For it will without fail come true. It will not be late!" (Habakkuk 2:3)

Take Care,
Brother Rando

PS... For an epiphany of understanding, read our daily text for Saturday, July 4, 2015.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Brother Rando