Jehovah`s Witness/continued from 29th Dec

Joelle wrote at 2016-01-08 00:06:25
Hi, Cos and Brenton (I have notice a 'typo' -in Apology Accepted - you start of with Ro.8:27, but near the end refer to Jn.8:27-- have you picked on it?)

Romans8:(26)27 speaks about the "spirit itself pleads/pleading". Is it referring to the Holy Spirit as an intelligent entity?

I have written out Romans8:26,27 with some of the Bible-cross-referencing given in my Bible.

NWT= v26 "In like manner the spirit(John15:26-"spirit of truth")also joins in with help for our weakness for the (problem of)what we should pray for as we need to we do not know, but the spirit (2Samual 23:2-"the spirit of Jehovah-his word")itself pleads for us with groanings unuttered."--v27 "Yet he who searches the hearts knows what the meaning or the spirit(John14:17 "spirit or truth"; John 6:63 "sayings are spirit") is -because it is pleading in accord with God for the holy ones"

KJT= "Likewise the Spirit(of truth)also helpeth our infirmaties : for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit(the Lords-words)itself maketh intercession for us with grounings which cannot be uttered" v27 "And he that searcheth the heart knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit(of truth), because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God."

The Bible - cross-referencing shows that the spirit here is not the Holy Spirit of an intelligent entity, but the spirit of the Holy Writings- the Bible.

How I understand these two verses is- that the 'sprit 'here is the inspired prayers of the Holy Writings that we can use to help ( to plead on our behalf) when we are stuck on what to say in our own prayers.

(Prayers come from "us". Jehovah God has aloud faithful men and women to have their prayers recorded in  His Word so as to benefit us)

----from one of Brentons siblings----  

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenton Hepburn

I AM one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, and I am always learning. I am NOT an expert in the full sense of the word but I can answer questions on the reliability of the NWT - the so called mind control problems-so called prophecies - how being a JW affects the individual and relatives and general practices and history of Jehovah’s Witnesses. >>WARNING<< Please be aware that there are people here who ARE NOT practicing JWs. By all means ask these ones questions. Depending on the question you will get an honest answer, but, generally the answer you get, will mislead you as to what we believe, often because, they do not give ALL the relevant details. These ones will, have an agenda against JWs., and will at times give answers that are not correct in regard to JW teachings and practices. If you are after a answer from one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, please read some of the answers that the various experts have published before choosing someone. If you want to ask one of the NON JWs a question, that is fine, BUT if you want a balancing view after asking one of the NON JWs, ask a JW the same question. PLEASE ALSO NOTE: There(have been)and are, some "experts" here who are NOT always the most courteous and polite, at times are actually quite rude, that applies to both JW's and non JW's and their answers may offend, especially when they get personal and attack the character of the person and not the message. Unfortunately some here that have done that. So it IS IMPORTANT to chose an "expert" that YOU feel will best suit YOU by reading some of their past answers . . . . .

I have been a publisher since 1964. When I first went on the internet I found a lot of negative information dealing with Jehovah’s Witnesses covering prophecy, mind control and what many said was a very bad translation of the Bible known as the NWT. It shook my faith. After may hours researching these topics I could see why some felt that way, but, I was also able to explain why there were these misleading views. I can now set matters straight for anyone that has negative information about Jehovah’s Witness to show them that such information is at best misleading and at worst dangerous lies.

I have been a student of the Bible for many years, am trying to teach myself Biblical Greek. Was a public tax accountant for many years untill SEP 2009 when I gave it up due to health problems.