Jehovah`s Witness/Jesus an angel of God?

Question
Brother Rando,

What do make of this scripture?

“. . .And though my physical condition was a trial for you, you did not treat me with contempt or disgust; but you received me like an angel of God, like Christ Jesus. . .” (Ga 4:14 - NWT)

"and even though my illness was a trial to you, you did not treat me with contempt or scorn. Instead, you welcomed me as if I were an angel of God, as if I were Christ Jesus himself". NIV

"and though my condition was a trial to you, you did not scorn or despise me, but received me as an angel of God, as Christ Jesus." - ESV

Is Jesus really an 'angel of God" according to Paul?

thank you.

Answer
Thank you for your question.  Yes, the Apostle Paul referred to Jesus Christ as an angel of God.  This isn't the only reference either.  In speaking to the Congregation of the Corinthians, he mentions the forefathers who were baptized into Moses by drinking of the Spiritual Rock that followed them.

"And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ." (1 Corinthians 10:2-4 KJV)

Even though the Bible states that Moses spoke face to face to God, he was actually speaking to the Word of God, the Logos.  "And the angel of Jehovah appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed." (Exodus 3:2 American Standard Version)

Moses was speaking to the angel of Jehovah and also received instructions from him.  The instituting of the Passover and all the plagues was done by this same angel.  Those who refused to listen to this angel during the 40 year trek were destroyed. (1 Corinthians 10:9-10)

Need more proof?  "Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way , and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him." (Exodus 23:20-21 KJV)  Even Paul spoke about the Way as a sect, then later defended this "Christian Congregation" with his life!  Think of all the sayings Jesus told his disciples.

-- I am the way.  (Do your own research.)
-- I go to prepare a place for you.  (Do your own research.)

Notice all the symbolism's from the First Passover?  "Happy is the man who listens to me By coming early to my doors day by day, By waiting next to my doorposts;  For the one finding me will find life, And he receives approval from Jehovah.  But the one who ignores me harms himself, And those who hate me love death." (Proverbs 8:34-36)

"Jesus said to her: “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life;" (John 11:25)

"Repent, therefore, and turn around so as to get your sins blotted out, so that seasons of refreshing may come from Jehovah himself  and he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus." (Acts 3:19-20) Notice the harmony with Exodus 23:20-21?

"In fact, Moses said: ‘Jehovah your God will raise up for you from among your brothers a prophet like me. You must listen to whatever he tells you.  Indeed, anyone who does not listen to that Prophet will be completely destroyed from among the people.’ (Acts 3:22-23)

"But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall." (Malachi 4:2 KJV)

"So we have the prophetic word made more sure, and you are doing well in paying attention to it as to a lamp shining in a dark place (until day dawns and a daystar rises) in your hearts." (2 Peter 2:19)

"Because the Law was given through Moses, the undeserved kindness and the truth came to be through Jesus Christ.  No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is at the Father’s side is the one who has explained Him." (John 1:17-18)

"After this I saw another angel descending from heaven with great authority, and the earth was illuminated by his glory." (Rev 18:1)  Soon, very soon, this same angel announces the destruction of Babylon the Great in verse 2.  If this angel is not the Word of God then who could it be?  Listen to him!  What other angel has been given great authority, and the earth was illuminated by his glory?

"Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth." (Matthew 28:18)  If I had to share all the scriptures that pointed to Jesus being the Angel of Jehovah, then I would have to hand you the Bible.

Jehovah's Witnesses are the Only True Christians on the earth. They will not participate in pagan rituals as the drinking in or taking of blood from themselves, animals, or other humans. JW's accepted the Sacrifice in Christ, whose Blood (Soul) was shed for many as a ransom and exercise faith in "Jesus Christ" for salvation.

Take Care,
Brother Rando  

Jehovah`s Witness

Brother Rando