Jehovah`s Witness/Can you prove 1914 from the Bible.

"The prophecy in Daniel chapter 4 teaches us that God would set up his Kingdom in 1914."

I have read Chapter 4 of Daniel over and over and I dont understand  how you feel this chapter has a greater fulfillment. The Word Kingdom is mentioned around 11 times and a few verses (verse 3)is speaking about the The Kingdom of God, however whenever King Nebecunezer is speaking about the Tree Image of his dream he always speaks of the Kingdom of mankind. This Chapter clearly says God is the ruler of mankinds kingdom and He gives it to whoever he wants, To the lowiest of man. Well Jesus is not the lowiest of man. Nebecunezer maybe.  God humbled him. Thats what this (tree dream is all about) If you look at verse 15 we see what is going to happen to this tree that symbolizes rulership. Its heart was going to be changed from a heart of a man to a heart of a beast. God's Kingdom? really?? It doesnt make sense. I guess I don't understand the mixing of scripture. This Chapter in Daniel 4 is talking about God The Most High humbling an earthly king. He lived like a beast for 7 years. In verse 20 Daniel tells the king " It is you O King because you have grown strong".
And as far as the 1914 date, it has really come and gone. I don't think God wants us to speculate or look for a formula. If His Son doesn't know the day or the hour why should anybody be trying to pinpoint a date like 1914?

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you since my initial question but I have been doing research and I feel this Chapter in Daniel 4 could not possibly have a greater fulfulment.

Thanks for your time :)

Seven Times
Seven Times  

Daniel\'s Prophecy Chapter 4
Daniel's Prophecy Chap  
Hello and thank you for writing,

Don't feel bad that you do not understand, did you know that Daniel himself didn't understand some of the prophecies he penned?  Why?  Because the time for understanding certain prophecies was held until the time of the end.  That time of which we live in now.  

Daniel 12:8,9 "Now as for me, I heard, but I could not understand; so I said: “O my lord, what will be the outcome of these things?” 9 Then he said: “Go, Daniel, because the words are to be kept secret and sealed up until the time of the end."

I will try to break it down for you.  Please read carefully.  You made several points that actually point to a greater fulfillment of this prophecy, or rather it has two fulfillment's, as many Bible prophecies have.  And yes you are correct that it is talking about how God humbled King Nebuchadnezzar.  But the major part that you are overlooking is that it says the Kingdom of Mankind.  Not just the part of Chaldea where Nebuchadnezzar ruled. The Kingdom of Mankind encompasses way more than that King ruled over.

So did that King's kingdom or government encompass the entire earth?  No. Well who's rulership would encompass all of mankind?  Would it not be God's?  Yes.  God's Kingdom would therefore be the Kingdom of Mankind.  That's how we know it's two fulfillments.  The first fulfillment was when the King's rulership was interrupted and the second is an interruption of God's rulership.

How do we know this?  According to Daniel 4:17, the prophecy was given "so that people living may know that the Most High is Ruler in the kingdom of mankind and that he gives it to whomever he wants."

Since we know that God is the Most High, then that helps us to see that this prophecy is not only about King Nebuchadnezzar, but also involves the "the kingdom of mankind" which is God's rulership over mankind.  

Are you following me so far?

Let's look at the context of the Book of Daniel.

In the Bible book of Daniel itself, we see a central theme, not sure if you have read the entire book, but there is a theme.  We see how it points to the establishment of God's kingdom under the rule of his Son, Jesus.  

Dan. 2:44 "In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever,"

What human kingdom or government can stand forever?  Not one...this helps us to see it's speaking of God's Kingdom.

Another prophecy in Daniel talks about God's Kingdom as well.

Daniel 7:13,14 "“I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a son of man was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days, and they brought him up close before that One. 14 And to him there were given rulership, honor, and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him. His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed."

According to this scripture, this kingdom mentioned here would have authority over peoples, nations, and language groups.

So do you agree that it would encompass the whole earth?  It will not pass away or be destroyed. That is similar to what is said in Daniel 2:44.

Now moving on regarding the seven times and the interruption.

In Bible times the Israelite kings who ruled over God's people were said to sit on Jehovah's Throne.

1 Chronicles 29:23 "And Solʹo·mon sat on Jehovah’s throne as king in place of David his father, and he was successful, and all the Israelites were obedient to him."

That represented an expression of God's rulership over the people at that time, but the Israelite's repeatedly disobeyed God and so God allowed them to be conquered by the Babylonians in 607 BCE  and from that time on, no more Kings sat on God's throne as it were, meaning,  no more kings represented Jehovah in Jerusalem.  And this is how God's rulership was interrupted.

"Jehovah’s throne" became vacant, and the line of kings who descended from David was interrupted. (2 Kings 25:1-26)

So when you do the math, 607 BCE marked the beginning of the Seven times and it ends in 1914.  

At the end of the seven times, God installed a new ruler to represent him, but this time it would be someone in heaven.  That's when other prophecies spoken of in Daniel will be fulfilled.  

But how do we know the seven times ended in 1914?  That's the big question.

Had it ended by the time Jesus was walking the earth as a man?  No, let's read how we know this:

In Jesus' prophecy about the last days in Luke 21:24...we read that "Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled."

The appointed time of the nations obviously is a long period of time since the seven times started hundreds of years before Jesus came to earth and continued until some time after Jesus returned to heaven.

So even though king Nebuchadnezzar's interruption of rulership was seven literal years, we see that the greater fulfillment lasted much longer, per Jesus' words, "Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled"

Jerusalem was trampled on or destroyed by the nations in 607 BCE

Now the book of Revelation is closely connected with the Book of Daniel, since the entire Bible is in harmony and authored by God, we are able to find answers from using the entire Bible.  Would you agree that it's wise to use the entire Bible as God's Word?  

So in Revelation we are able to find out exactly how long seven times are.

Revelation 12:6, 14 tells us that a time, times, and half a time equals 1,260 days, or three and a half times.

Rev 12:6, "And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God and where they would feed her for 1,260 days."

Rev. 12:14, "But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is to be fed for a time and times and half a time away from the face of the serpent."

So if three and a half times equals 1,260 days, then seven times (3.5 + 3.5 = 7) would equal what?

1260 + 1260 = 2520.  So Seven Times equal 2,520 days.  Are you following me?

But the nations did not stop ‘trampling’ on God’s rulership in a mere 2,520 days after Jerusalem’s fall, sometimes in Bible prophecy, a day symbolizes a year. We can see this from these two scriptures here:

Numbers 14:34 "According to the number of the days that you spied out the land, 40 days, a day for a year, a day for a year, you will answer for your errors 40 years, for you will know what it means to oppose me."

Ezekiel 4:6 "....“Then for a second time you will lie down, on your right side, and you will carry the guilt of the house of Judah for 40 days. A day for a year, a day for a year, is what I have given you."

So if we apply that rule, a day for a year, then Seven times would equal 2,520 years!

Now all you have to do is count.

From October 607 B.C.E. to October 1 B.C.E. is 606 years. Since there is no zero year, from October 1 B.C.E. to October 1914 C.E. is 1,914 years. By adding 606 years and 1,914 years, we get 2,520 years.

That’s how we arrive at 1914 as the year that the seven times ended, the start of Jesus’ rule as King of God’s Kingdom. And significantly, since 1914, major world events have happened, events that the Bible foretold for the last days.

As we see in Matthew 24:7 "For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another"

Matt 24:12 "and because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold."

Do you know when the very first WORLD war began?  History tells us, World War I began in 1914, does it not?  Before 1914 there had not been a World War, ever.  Is that a coincidence?  Not in the least!

So this is how we arrive at the date of 1914 for the beginning of Jesus' rule in heaven, which is also the start of the last days, we can see that all the things Jesus described would be happening when he would begin ruling is happening now and has been happening since 1914 on a world wide scale!  

Even the attitudes of people during these last days are evident the world over.  Do you not agree that this is how the majority of people are today on a global scale?  

2 Tim 3:1-5 "But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away."

I'll also put up two charts that may help you as well to understand.

Enjoy your day!

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)