Jehovah`s Witness/What The Righteous Will Wear

Do Jws believe that the righteous saved in earth made new will wear crowns and white robes? I never hear them talk about such.
I have also been told that the righteous in the new earth are mortal beings. Explain that if that is really what is taught. I was taught that the righteous have immotality.
Mortal means subject to death while immortal means not subject to death.  
I do read the Bible so I understand the difference.

Hi Timothy,

Thank you very much for inquiring with Alll Experts. In your first question you state, "Do JWs believe that the righteous saved in earth made new will wear crowns and white robes?"

Please correct me if I'm wrong but this is actually talking about to sets of people. If you look at the following Bible texts, it will refer to the following:

NWT, Revelation 7:9-14, "9 After this I saw, and look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands.  10 And they keep shouting with a loud voice, saying: “Salvation we owe to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb.” 11 All the angels were standing around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell facedown before the throne and worshipped God,  12 saying: “Amen! Let the praise and the glory and the wisdom and the thanksgiving and the honor and the power and the strength be to our God forever and ever. Amen.” 13 In response one of the elders said to me: “These who are dressed in the white robes, who are they and where did they come from?”  14 So right away I said to him: “My lord, you are the one who knows.” And he said to me: “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Please use other Bible versions to colloberate the aforementioned Bible text. Now, in reading verses, scripture interprets and harmonizes other scriptures. What does the apostle John mean that the blood of the lamb washes the robs and makes them pure white? Many of the visions of the Book of Revelation are figurative. For example, Jehovah portrays Jerusalem as once figuratively attired by him in beautiful garments. But she trusted in her prettiness and consorted with the pagan nations, decking herself out to be attractive, as a prostitute.—Ezekial16:10-14;Eze 23:26, 27; Jeremiah 4:30, 31.

Clothing is used symbolically in many Bible passages. Jehovah portrays himself as clothed with dignity, splendor, eminence, light, righteousness, zeal, and vengeance. For example the book of Psalms 93:1; 104:1, 2; Isaiah 59:17. He is said to clothe his people in garments of righteousness and salvation as it says in Psalms 132:9 and Isaiah 61:10His enemies will be clothed with shame and humiliation. (Psalm 35:26) Paul commands Christians to strip off the old personality and to clothe themselves with the new personality, some of the features of which are the tender affections of compassion, kindness, lowliness of mind, long-suffering, and, especially, love.—Colossians 3:9-14.Many other symbolic references are made to clothing.

Now if we go back to your original question, it refers to putting on the new Christ like personality by removing our traits that were sinful and thus being disapproved by God.

You have good questions Timothy. In the Bible it mentions crown various times especially as a headgear, simple or ornate, worn by persons of distinction, such as kings, queens, other rulers, priests, and individuals to be specially honored or rewarded. After the Flood, crowns came to be used as symbols of authority, dignity, power, honor, and reward. Now the ones wearing the Crown in the book of Revelation again is symbolic and lets allow scritpure interpret and harmonize with scripture. The Bible mentions the Crown that one wears various times. First the apostle Paul in I Corinthians 9;24 says "Do you not know that the runners in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it.  25 Now everyone competing in a contest exercises self-control in all things. Of course, they do it to receive a crown that can perish, but we, one that does not perish." Here he is using the crown as a reward for finishing a race. We as Christians also run a race of endurance to maintain our robes white and clean other words not blemished by the influence of this world to receive the crown of life.

In another Bible text, Paul also mentions in 1Timothy 4:7," I have fought the fine fight, I have run the race to the finish, I have observed the faith.  8 From this time on, there is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give me as a reward in that day, yet not to me only, but also to all those who have loved his manifestation. Additionally in James 1:12, "Happy is the man who keeps on enduring trial, because on becoming approved he will receive the crown of life, which Jehovah promised to those who continue loving Him."

In conclusion Revelation 2:10 makes it very clear when it says, "Do not be afraid of the things you are about to suffer. Look! The Devil will keep on throwing some of you into prison so that you may be fully put to the test, and you will have tribulation for ten days. Prove yourself faithful even to death, and I will give you the crown of life."

In all of the Bible texts it talks about receiving the crown or reward once you have remained faithful to the end. Now those receiving the crown is different than those who have come out of the Great Tribulation whose robes are now white. The ones who recieve the crown are, as the apostle John explains in Revelation 5:10 and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.” Also reaffirming that text is Revelaiton 20:6 Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and they will rule as kings with him for the 1,000 years. So Timothy, we see here that you have those who are resurrected on earth to live in a paradise while under the rulership of those who will be ruling with Christ in heaven ruling as Kings and Priest.

Here are some Bible versions where scripture reinforces scriptures:

New World Translation 1Peter 2:9 But you are “a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession, that you should declare abroad the excellencies” of the One who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Kingdom Interlinear 1Peter 2:9 ὑμεῖς YOU δὲ but γένος race ἐκλεκτόν, chosen, βασίλειον royal ἱεράτευμα, priesthood, ἔθνος nation ἅγιον, holy, λαὸς people εἰς into περιποίησιν, procuring, ὅπως so that τὰς the ἀρετὰς virtues ἐξαγγείλητε YOU might declare τοῦ of the (one) ἐκ out of σκότους darkness ὑμᾶς YOU καλέσαντος having called εἰς into τὸ the θαυμαστὸν wonderful αὐτοῦ of him φῶς· light;

Reference Bible 1Peter 2:9 But YOU are “a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession, that YOU should declare abroad the excellencies” of the one that called YOU out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Byington 1Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for preservation, that you may publish the merits of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light—

King James Version 1Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

American Standard Version 1Peter 2:9 But ye are a elect race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, that ye may show forth the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

I hope you were able to understand that; however, if you  need more information, I would be happily relay it to you. You have another question of mortality versus immortality. There is one Bible text that explains that completely.

New World Translation 1Corinthians 15:53 For this which is corruptible must put on incorruption, and this which is mortal must put on immortality.

Kingdom Interlinear 1Corinthians 15:53 δεῖ It is necessary γὰρ for τὸ the φθαρτὸν corruptible τοῦτο this ἐνδύσασθαι to put on self ἀφθαρσίαν incorruption καὶ and τὸ the θνητὸν mortal τοῦτο this ἐνδύσασθαι to put on self ἀθανασίαν. immortality.

Reference Bible 1Corinthians 15:53 For this which is corruptible must put on incorruption, and this which is mortal must put on immortality.

Byington 1Corinthians  15:53 For this that is perishable has to dress itself in imperishability, and this that is mortal to dress itself in immortality.

King James Version 1Corinthians 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

American Standard Version 1Corinthians 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Mortality are for those who lead or start living of life of corruption that eventually leads to death while those who are immortal live a life of incorruption. They are pure and holy in the eyes of Jehovah and can live forever as long as they serve him faithfully.

Thank You for having me answer your questions. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.

Jehovah`s Witness

Dr. DDD,M.S.,Psy.D, Court Officer

Please Don't Forget That the Conmemoration of Christ's Death is March 23, 2016 after sundown. Please go to your local Kingdom Hall to participate in his memory of what his death meant for mankind. Also, Pease be advised that you can go to www, for more information and or see our videos My heart has been with Jehovah God for over thirty years and in good standing with my congregation. I believe that the Faithful and Discreet Slave is Governing Body as well as the Domestic who feed off the NWT Holy Scriptured as the tools of implementation, direction, dissemination of which Jesus Christ uses. My purpose is to answer almost any question on religious and spiritually related subject matter. Much of my resources are from the Watchtower and Awake plus other scholarly journals. Please let the inquiry be base on the person’s earnest, honesty and whole-hearted approach combined with good faith. Let the inquirer humbly seek answers to further their knowledge of scriptures, culture, and overall increase his or her relationship with our Creator. Our relationship through this inquiry will not involve bashing, discrediting, or dishonoring other informational providers on this forum or any other forum and/or religion. I will quote from sources if possible and provide their information on this forum. Please refrain from aggressive, negative and non-productive discussion that hinders our progress of understanding and appreciating our Creator’s word, The Holy Scriptures/ Bible.

I am an active Jehovah's Witness and have been disciplined with over 30 years of bible based knowledge with informational data to support biblical history and culture as well as giving credit to my creator. Im very familiar with the organization and its history and will to the best of my ability answer it's past and present status. I, as well as the organization, am currently researching new information as more research comes to light or refined. Many subjects dealing with the Holy Scriptures are becoming clearer and thus being disseminated to those who want to be taught. If during our uplifting discussion, I have erred in reasoning or in presenting the information, I will apologize sincerely. I will not allow my knowledge or sinful tendencies of pride to cloud my judgment. The first step in any discussion is recognizing our humility and imperfect state in this world and that all that is spoken is derived from our Creator, Jehovah God.

My main organization tie is to the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. I also belong to othe secular organizations that are related to my psychology field.

My publications have appeared in many medias locally and nationally.,

I have a Masters in Criminal Forensic Psychology and have been teaching other related subject matters on for over 20 years. In addition, I have been teaching secular and theological based information for over 20 years as well. Im well versed in human behavior and social aspects of religious dedication. I'm also astute in criminal behavior as well with criminal mind. I was a law enforcement officer and a probation officer for half of my life.

All honors and awards go to my God.

My past and current clients are confidential because of the privacy issues that I must uphold.