Jehovah`s Witness/israel

QUESTION: what is the rapture and the tribulation

ANSWER: Hello and thank you for writing,

The Rapture is taught in many Churches today, from my understanding they teach that there is to be a 7 year tribulation on earth and all those who are on Jesus' side is said to be raptured up to heaven until the 7 year tribulation is over and then returned where in Jesus is to rule on earth. Still within that view there are various views and debates on when ones are raptured or taken to heaven and so on.

However, none of those views are what is taught in the Bible.  

According to scripture the great tribulation (Matt 24:21) is a time of distress for all those living on the earth at that time, even the chosen ones will be there as the Bible says that the tribulation will be cut short on account of the chosen ones (Matt 24:22). And also there will be ones who come out of the great tribulation, (Rev 7:14) also helping us to see that one's on Jesus' side will go through it and come out of it.  If they were raptured to heaven so as not to experience the Tribulation those scriptures would make no sense.  

There are ones who will go to heaven right before Armageddon breaks out, but those are numbered.  (Rev 7:4) Not everyone goes to heaven the majority of the ones who survive will live on a paradise earth (Psalms 37:29)

The Great Tribulation is God's time to destroy false religions that teach untruths about God. But he will use the government's to carry it out. (Rev 17:17)

Here is an article on that explains in more detail about the great tribulation along with scriptures.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Sister T

QUESTION: I'd like to know about Israel, are they truly GOD's people today because to become a Seder son of Israel you have to stand before an orthodox rabbi and deny Jesus Christ and Tel Aviv is the number one city in the world today and abortion is free  1 john 4:3 states  But every inspired statement that does not acknowledge Jesus does not originate with God Furthermore, this is the antichrist’s inspired statement that you have heard was coming, and now it is already in the world.

Hello and thank you for writing,

The short answer to that is No, they are no longer God's people today as a nation.

Israel was Jehovah's chosen people due to the covenant that God made with Abraham.  

Gen 12:1,2 "And Jehovah said to Aʹbram: “Go out from your land and away from your relatives and from the house of your father to the land that I will show you. 2 I will make you a great nation, and I will bless you, and I will make your name great, and you will become a blessing."

He gave them a choice, he said if they listened to him and obeyed him, they would be his special people and he would be their God.

Exodus 19:5-8  "Now if you will strictly obey my voice and keep my covenant, you will certainly become my special property out of all peoples, for the whole earth belongs to me. 6 You will become to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you are to say to the Israelites.”  7 So Moses went and summoned the elders of the people and declared to them all these words that Jehovah had commanded him. 8 After that all the people answered unanimously: “All that Jehovah has spoken, we are willing to do.” Moses immediately took the people’s response to Jehovah."

However, the Israelites did not keep their promise, and they lost that favored position because of their continued disobedience and worship of other gods, their being his chosen people depended on them remaining faithful, here is just one example of how they did time and time again.

Judges 2:11-13  "So the Israelites did what was bad in the eyes of Jehovah and served the Baʹals. 12 Thus they abandoned Jehovah, the God of their fathers, who brought them out of the land of Egypt. And they followed other gods, the gods of the peoples who were all around them, and they bowed down to them and offended Jehovah. 13 They abandoned Jehovah and served Baʹal and the Ashʹto·reth images."

But when they rejected Jesus, that's when Jehovah rejected them as his special people.  

Matthew 21:42, 43 "Jesus said to them: “Did you never read in the Scriptures, ‘The stone that the builders rejected, this has become the chief cornerstone. This has come from Jehovah, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? 43 This is why I say to you, the Kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits."

Matthew 23:37, 38 "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent to her—how often I wanted to gather your children together the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings! But you did not want it. 38 Look! Your house is abandoned to you."

Acts 3:13,14 "The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified his Servant, Jesus, whom you handed over and disowned before Pilate, even though he had decided to release him. 14 Yes, you disowned that holy and righteous one, and you asked for a man who was a murderer to be given to you,"

So today, no they are no longer in that favored position as a people. Jehovah chose a new people for his name, which included people of other nations.

Acts 15:14 "Symʹe·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name."

Individual Jews who chose to obey God, like the ones who followed Jesus, some of which are Matthew, John, Peter, Mark, Luke, etc. were now a part of New Jerusalem, Jerusalem above.

Rev. 3:12 “‘The one who conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out from it anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the New Jerusalem that descends out of heaven from my God, and my own new name."

Gal 6:15,16 "For neither is circumcision anything nor is uncircumcision, but a new creation is. 16 As for all those who walk orderly by this rule of conduct, peace and mercy be upon them, yes, upon the Israel of God."  (also Romans 9:6; 2:28,29)

Take Care

Sister T

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)