Jehovah`s Witness/In repy to 'Cos', false doctrine of the trinity!

Hi Brother Hepburn.

In reply to Cos, he still left out of the concept of the Trinity doctrine. And aside from just the holy spirit alone, Cos left out God the father (Jehovah) and his son Jesus Christ.

Now some questions to reason with, and not interpret, are below for any trinitarian to wonder about.

1.) If Jesus is the Almighty God, then according to Luke 2:52, why did Jesus have to go "on progressing in wisdom and in...favor with God..."?
So,was not God already full of wisdom? And why "in favor...with God.", was'nt Jesus suppose to be 'God' already?

2.)And if Jesus was already God, why was it necessary for God to have "learned obedience" according Heb. 5:8? Just when does God himself has to be obedient to anyone, and answer to anyone? Makes no sense, much less, neither is there any scripture to support this notion!

3.)James 1:13 says "God cannot be tempted with evil...". So if this is a true statement by God's word the Bible, and Jesus is suppose to be the Almighty God, then why is the complete opposite
said of Jesus?

1.Luke 22:28, "Ye are they which have continued with me in MY  TEMPTATIONS."

2.Hebrews 2:18, "For in that he himself hath suffered BEING TEMPTED..."

3.Hebrews 4:15, "...but was in all points TEMPTED LIKE AS WE ARE..."

4.Matt. 4:1 " Then Jesus was led by the spirit up into the wilderness to be TEMPTED by the Devil,"

So then, it was Jesus who was tempted; but God cannot be tempted: therefore the Trinity theory is false. Had Jesus given into just one temptation, that would mean for God to destroy him as he did to Adam.

Its all about simply reasoning with the scriptures, not trying to interpret, that clearly belongs to Jehovah God!

Hi Reg

Thank you for writing.

Yes those are very important questions for anyone who believes in the trinity to ask.

I am sure, a seemingly knowledgeable trinitarian would have some sort of a reply to those texts in order to change the clear meaning.  To do so, their counter arguments would have to show the overall context of the whole Bible, and, be without dispute.

There is a lot more in the context of the Bible than a few texts that seem to teach the personality of the holy spirit that must be considered.  Trinitarians seem to take those texts about what they see as personality traits if the holy spirit as being irrefutable and crystal clear.  The questions that I am discussing with Cos at this time are dealing with that idea. Are those texts Crystal clear? In the context of the Bible is there a better explanation as to who or what the holy spirit is?

I have found it interesting with my discution with Cos as to just how much the Greek language and the rules of grammar have such a strong bearing on this.  I have learnt a lot.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenton Hepburn

I AM one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, and I am always learning. I am NOT an expert in the full sense of the word but I can answer questions on the reliability of the NWT - the so called mind control problems-so called prophecies - how being a JW affects the individual and relatives and general practices and history of Jehovah’s Witnesses. >>WARNING<< Please be aware that there are people here who ARE NOT practicing JWs. By all means ask these ones questions. Depending on the question you will get an honest answer, but, generally the answer you get, will mislead you as to what we believe, often because, they do not give ALL the relevant details. These ones will, have an agenda against JWs., and will at times give answers that are not correct in regard to JW teachings and practices. If you are after a answer from one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, please read some of the answers that the various experts have published before choosing someone. If you want to ask one of the NON JWs a question, that is fine, BUT if you want a balancing view after asking one of the NON JWs, ask a JW the same question. PLEASE ALSO NOTE: There(have been)and are, some "experts" here who are NOT always the most courteous and polite, at times are actually quite rude, that applies to both JW's and non JW's and their answers may offend, especially when they get personal and attack the character of the person and not the message. Unfortunately some here that have done that. So it IS IMPORTANT to chose an "expert" that YOU feel will best suit YOU by reading some of their past answers . . . . .

I have been a publisher since 1964. When I first went on the internet I found a lot of negative information dealing with Jehovah’s Witnesses covering prophecy, mind control and what many said was a very bad translation of the Bible known as the NWT. It shook my faith. After may hours researching these topics I could see why some felt that way, but, I was also able to explain why there were these misleading views. I can now set matters straight for anyone that has negative information about Jehovah’s Witness to show them that such information is at best misleading and at worst dangerous lies.

I have been a student of the Bible for many years, am trying to teach myself Biblical Greek. Was a public tax accountant for many years untill SEP 2009 when I gave it up due to health problems.