Jehovah`s Witness/supplementary

Question
Hi Brenton

I will add as a supplement to my last response the following.

The Watchtower contradiction that the Holy Spirit is Jehovah’s POWER but says elsewhere that the Holy Spirit is NOT Jehovah’s POWER is so apparent that your excuse reminds me of Donald Trump supporters...blind.

And here is WHY!

The web page from where one quote is taken refer to certain Scripture as “support” for the idea that the Holy Spirit is Jehovah’s POWER, in fact, they mention three of same Scriptures (Mich 3:8, Luke 1:35 and Acts10:38) that “Insight” use to show “a definite distinction” in terms. Read it and see. <><

Answer
Hi Cos.

I have finally found time to finish of these other two questions.

Again there is no contradiction in those articles. How many times do you have to be told that the WT does not identify the holy spirit as Jehovah's power. You are reading more into what is written than what is there.  It seems to me you are not reading the passage with understanding. For some reason you keep avoiding the words ”in action. ”. Those words just do not seem to register in your thinking.

Yes both articles use the same texts. At the web site http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102006245  those texts are not supporting your view of identifying the holy spirit as God's power.

The paragraph  from were that site that mentions those texts is

QUOTE
“In the Bible, God’s holy spirit is identified as God’s power in action. Hence, an accurate translation of the Bible’s Hebrew text refers to God’s spirit as “God’s active force.” (Genesis 1:2) This concept is well supported throughout the Bible.—Micah 3:8; Luke 1:35; Acts 10:38.
END QUOTE

Those texts are examples of how the spirit is power in action. Those texts tell us the effects of spirit, that is the effect of “God's active force” on a given application. Just as in my previous examples of the ice-skater or the tractor show their effects when under a given circumstance.

The quote  from Insight on the Scriptures is doing the same thing as the article you mention above and that is, to show how the effects of the holy spirit is power  “in action ”  

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenton Hepburn