Jehovah`s Witness/supplementary

Question
Hi Brenton,

I have much to reply to but I will only focus on some parts of what you say because I don’t want you to accuse me of taking you away from your loved ones again in order to give a respond.

Your denial that one article from the Watchtower contradicts another is understandable. But please look at this closely with me.

The article says
“In the Bible, God’s holy spirit is IDENTIFIED as God’s power in action.” http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102006245   (Emphasis mine)

They claim “God’s POWER in action” is identified from the Bible, right?

The claim is that in the Bible “God’s power in action” is as the following sentence goes on to explain, “God’s active force”; “power in action” equates to “active force” wouldn’t you say that this is what the article is getting at for Genesis 1:2?

Notice how the following sentence begins with the word “hence” which connects the first sentence with the following.

“In the Bible, God’s holy spirit is identified as God’s power in action. Hence, an accurate translation of the Bible’s Hebrew text refers to God’s spirit as “God’s active force.” http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102006245

“Hence” – connecting the first sentence with the following sentence. Right?

“in action” then equates to “active”

“power” then equates to “force”

This is clearly what the two sentences, WHEN READ TOGETHER, actually mean. It does not take a lot to realise this fact; only a person who imagines something else could miss this.

So as you can see I have not avoided the phrase “in action” as you claim, I was hoping that you would be able to connect the dots, from sentence to sentence at least...

And then there is the third sentence.

Why does “Insight” use Mich 3:8, Luke 1:35 and Acts10:38 to differentiate, or as they say “a definite distinction”, between the terms, if these Scriptures, as you say, now refer to  “the effects of the spirit”?

What is the “definite distinction” all about?

Brenton, did you know that gender in Greek is primarily an arbitrary thing; that is, it does not necessarily have to do with "natural gender" or whether someone/something is masculine, feminine, or neuter.

For example, the word "word" in Greek is masculine, though there is also a word for "word" which is neuter. The word "child" in Greek is neuter. And this word is used of Jesus as a baby. Does this mean that He was an "it" until He grew up?

This is actually similar to some modern languages. Thus, for example, in German the word for girl is neuter. This certainly does not mean that Germans think of girls as "things"!

What's interesting is that the Hebrew word for "Spirit" is feminine. Since that is the case, why don't you JWs say that the Holy Spirit is a person, a female person?

The Holy Spirit is identified in scripture as a person with an identity different then both the Father and the Son (Matt. 28:19). He is even identified as "I" in Acts 13:2.

The is much more I’d like to reply to...but as I said...I don’t want to be accused of taking you away from your loved ones in order for you to respond, we will have to set these aside for another time. <><

Answer
Hello Cos

You have given your take on the words

“Hence”
“in action”
“power”

Besides that you also seem to take issue with the way the WT used identified, active and force.

I am sure that you are aware that words can have various usages. You are looking at the uses of words from a point of view conditioned by your theology instead of looking at the words the writer has used that have been conditioned by his theology.  It is unreasonable to assign a meaning to word that the author did not intend.   So to establish what the WT writers were saying we must have the mindset of those writers.  As I will present, there are different aspects of the meaning of the words you have highlighted.  Looking at these meanings I can understand why you seem to think that there is a contradiction if one combines the meanings in the a given way.

I am going to assume that you you have enough powers of reason to identify the various meanings bellow hence assign them to a particular category,  without me having to go through each scenario and force and explanation on you  ( I found these meanings by using Google, typing the word I wanted followed by the word “definition”. I have not included the synonyms from those dictionaries)

Meanings of identify
identify
verb
1. 1.
establish or indicate  who or what (someone or something) is.
"the judge ordered that the girl should not be identified"

2. 2.
associate someone or something  closely with; regard as having  strong links with.
"he was equivocal about being identified too closely with the peace movement"

Meanings of power
power
noun
1.
the ability or capacity to do something or act in a particular way.
"the power of speech"
"my mother suffered a stroke and lost the power of speech"
2.
the capacity or ability to direct or influence the behaviour of others or the course of events.
"a political process that offers people power over their own lives"
verb
1.
supply (a device) with mechanical or electrical energy.
"the car is powered by a fuel-injected 3.0-litre engine"
2.
move or travel with great speed or force.
"he powered round a bend"

verb
1. 1.

2. 2.
"he powered round a bend"

Meanings of action
action
noun
1.
the fact or process of doing something, typically to achieve an aim.
"ending child labour will require action on many levels"

a thing done; an act.
"she frequently questioned his actions"

verb
1.
take action on; deal with.
"your request will be actioned"

Meanings of hence
hence

adverb
1. 1.
as a consequence; for this reason.
"many vehicle journeys (and hence a lot of pollution) would be saved"

2. 2.
from now (used after a period of time).
"two years hence they might say something differ

Meanings of active
active
adjective
1.
engaging or ready to engage in physically energetic pursuits.
"although he was seventy he was still robust and active"
animated, bouncy, bubbly, perky, frisky, zestful, spirited; More
2.
participating or engaged in a particular sphere or activity.

Meanings of force
force
noun
1. 1.
strength or energy as an attribute of physical action or movement.
"he was thrown backwards by the force of the explosion"

"Eddie delivered a blow with all his force"

2. 2.
coercion or compulsion, especially with the use or threat of violence.
"they ruled by law and not by force"

verb
1. 1.
make a way through or into by physical strength; break open by force.
"the back door of the bank was forced"
"the doors had to be forced"

2. 2.
make (someone) do something against their will.
"she was forced into early retirement"

This is the quote you have difficulty discerning the meaning of the writer ….. << “In the Bible, God’s holy spirit is identified as God’s power in action . Hence, an accurate translation of the Bible’s Hebrew text refers to God’s spirit as “God’s active force.”>>  …. so I will re-write it for couple of times  by substituting the words you have have problems with, with some words from the definitions above in order to give you a better idea of the thinking of the author.

“In the Bible, God's holy spirit is associated closely with Gods capacity to achieve his aim.  For this reason then, an accurate translation of the Bibles Hebrew text refers to God's spirit as God's  ready ability to use his energy”

Or perhaps this

“In the Bible, God's holy spirit has links with Gods ability to direct his energy and influence the behaviour of others or the course of events.  As a consequence then, an accurate translation of the Bibles Hebrew text refers to God's spirit as God's ability to be participating or engaged in an action or movement”

To spell  things out like that is long and unnecessary.  When people understand the meanings of words and the context of how they are regularly used such long drawn out wording is no necessary.
____________________________________________________

you asked  

“What is the “definite distinction” all about?”

Those texts in those quotes tell us that there is a  definite distinction
Micah 3:8  “As for me, I am filled with power by the spirit of Jehovah, And with justice and might, To tell to Jacob his revolt and to Israel his sin.”

“power” is received BY the spirit

Zechariah 4:6 “He then said to me: “This is the word of Jehovah to Zerubbabel: ‘“Not by a military force, nor by power, but by my spirit,” says Jehovah of armies.”

The distinction between power  and Gods spirit is made obvious by the words “but by my spirit”

Luke 1:17 “Also, he will go ahead of him with Elijah’s spirit and power,. . .”

The conjunction “and” separates power from spirit

Luke 1:35 “In answer the angel said to her: “Holy spirit will come upon you, and power of the Most High will overshadow you. . .”

Again the conjunction and separates power from spirit

Acts 10:38 “about Jesus who was from Nazareth, how God anointed him with holy spirit and power, . . .”

Once again the conjunction and separates power from spirit.

__________________________________________________
Yes I am aware of the different language uses of gender.  I mention it in an answer I gave to some one a few months ago  at http://en.allexperts.com/q/Jehovah-s-Witness-1617/2016/3/deity-christ-2.htm

The Greek word for child is neuter because it is used for either male of female.  In the case of Jesus, we know the natural gender of  the “child” by the context. On other occasions, the context does not tell us the natural gender of the child (or children) The pronouns that are associated with child are neuter, so when doing a faithful translation the neuter equivalent into English should be used.

I have no knowledge of the German language but from what I found and understand, even though  Mädchen   is grammatically neutral, that at times, pronouns used with it can be feminine. In German, it seems that in the next sentence a feminine pronoun can be used. In Biblical Greek, no matter how far back the antecedent is, the pronoun must match the grammatical gender  (italics and underline original)

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/M%C3%A4dchen
QUOTE
Since Mädchen is a grammatically neuter noun, all preceding articles, determiners, and adjectives take neuter forms: ein kleines Mädchen (“a little girl”). This rule is followed throughout all registers of German.
There is more variation concerning pronouns referring back to Mädchen . These are usually neuter within the same sentence:  Das Mädchen, das eben hier war, hat seine Tasche vergessen . – “The girl who has just been here, forgot her purse.” (But feminine ihre would be acceptable in colloquial usage.) It is quite common, however, to use feminine pronouns in following sentences: Siehst du das Mädchen, das da steht? Kennst du die ? – “Do you see the girl who [neuter] is standing there? Do you know her [feminine]?” (But neuter es would be acceptable in literary usage.)

End quote

In Biblical Hebrew I found out something quite different.  Using the  KJV in searchable software I have, I did a search for every occurrence of Strongs Hebrew word number <7307>  which, according to Strongs, is the equivalent of the Greek word pneuma.   According to the information I have, this word (רוח = ruwach) is translated in the KJV as Spirit or spirit, 232 times.  Yes it is “grammatically feminine.  But what pronouns are used with it.   After going through each occurrence in the KJV I did not find one occurrence where a feminine pronoun was used. (that does not mean in the Hebrew there are none, I have not checked each text in the Hebrew.  What I did find in the KJV is, the following texts where a neuter pronoun “it ” is used for ruwach (spirit)

Nu 11:17  And I will come down and talk with thee there: and I will take of the spirit  <7307>  which is upon thee, and will put it upon them; and they shall bear the burden of the people with thee, that thou bear <b<it</b> not thyself alone.

Nu 11:25  And the LORD came down in a cloud, and spake unto him, and took of the spirit <7307> that was upon him, and gave it unto the seventy elders: and it came to pass, that, when the spirit <7307> rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease.

Job 30:22  Thou liftest me up to the wind <7307> ; thou causest me to ride upon it , and dissolvest my substance.

Ec 12:7  Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit <7307> shall return unto God who gave it .

In the KJV the word it is an added word to the tex as it is not found in the Hebrew.  Evidently Hebrew does not have a neuter gender. The translator must supply it

Now the following texts were more interesting. The KJV uses the masculine pronoun “he“ in relation to “spirit”.  I checked these in another program that I have that uses the following Hebrew manuscript Westminster Leningrad Codex. This program also tells me the complete grammatical make up of each word.   It was interesting that, according to the parsing  used in the interlinear, the Hebrew actually uses masculine pronouns in reference to the word ruwach (spirit)
2Ch 18:20  Then there came out a spirit <7307> , and stood before the LORD, and said, I will entice him. And the LORD said unto him , Wherewith?
2Ch 18:21  And he said, I will go out, and be a lying spirit <7307> in the mouth of all his prophets. And the LORD said, Thou shalt entice him, and thou shalt also prevail: go out, and do even so.

In the above, the words “him” and “he” in bold refer to the spirit.  (I have not checked all the texts where spirit occurs)

You might find this interesting.  I have mentioned the for 232 times that ruwach is translated as spirit in the KJV, bellow, is all the other ways I found ruwach translated. (I was going to group them in word order but have left them in text order)

It is important to note that the NT Bible writers were Hebrews.  How did/do the Hebrews view the holy spirit.  Please note this quote  “The Holy Spirit in Judaism generally refers to the divine aspect of prophecy and wisdom. It also refers to the divine force, quality, and influence of God Most High (Hebrew El Elyon) over the universe or over God's creatures, in given contexts”  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Spirit_(Judaism)  (Bold mine)

Keeping that in mind helps us understand what the NT Bible writers understood  about the nature of the spirit.  It seems to me that people want to start in the NT in stead of at the beginning.  They erroneously have made assumptions as to what they think the NT writers were saying without going back to the root ideas.    (2 Timothy 3:16)

It must be remembered that  neither the OT or NT  Bible writers  viewed the holy spirit  as having personality. The way they NT wrote about the holy spirit was in line with the understanding of the OT writers.  It is recognised by scholars that the idea of the holy spirit being a person was introduced to the Christian thinking after the death of the Bible as can be seen from this quote from a pro trinity website

“The doctrine of the divinity and personality of the Holy Spirit was developed by Athanasius in the last decades of his life”  (On Athanasius, Oxford Classical Dictionary, Edited by Simon Hornblower and Antony Spawforth. Third edition. Oxford; New York: Oxford University Press, 1996. )

The following articles from a Jewish perspective will be of interest as they show how the Hebrews understood the holy spirit.

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/7833-holy-spirit

https://www.beth-elsa.org/Worship/Sermons/Guest_Speakers/Do_Jews_Believe_in_the_Holy_Spirit_01_15_10

Ok, so this is the list of texts other then where ruwach is translated as spirit.  It is worth looking through.

Ge 3:8  And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool <7307> of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
Ge 6:17  And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath <7307> of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.
Ge 7:15  And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath <7307> of life.
Ge 7:22  All in whose nostrils was the breath <7307> of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.
Ge 8:1  And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was with him in the ark: and God made a wind <7307> to pass over the earth, and the waters asswaged;
Ge 26:35  Which were a grief of mind <7307> unto Isaac and to Rebekah.
Ex 10:13  And Moses stretched forth his rod over the land of Egypt, and the LORD brought an east wind <7307> upon the land all that day, and all that night; and when it was morning, the east wind <7307> brought the locusts.
Ex 10:19  And the LORD turned a mighty strong west wind <7307> , which took away the locusts, and cast them into the Red sea; there remained not one locust in all the coasts of Egypt.
Ex 14:21  And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind <7307> all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided.
Ex 15:8  And with the blast <7307> of thy nostrils the waters were gathered together, the floods stood upright as an heap, and the depths were congealed in the heart of the sea.
Ex 15:10  Thou didst blow with thy wind <7307> , the sea covered them: they sank as lead in the mighty waters.
Jos 2:11  And as soon as we had heard these things, our hearts did melt, neither did there remain any more courage <7307> in any man, because of you: for the LORD your God, he is God in heaven above, and in earth beneath.
Jud 8:3  God hath delivered into your hands the princes of Midian, Oreb and Zeeb: and what was I able to do in comparison of you? Then their anger <7307> was abated toward him, when he had said that.
2Sa 22:11  And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: and he was seen upon the wings of the wind <7307> .
2Sa 22:16  And the channels of the sea appeared, the foundations of the world were discovered, at the rebuking of the LORD, at the blast of the breath <7307> of his nostrils.
1Ki 18:45  And it came to pass in the mean while, that the heaven was black with clouds and wind <7307> , and there was a great rain. And Ahab rode, and went to Jezreel.
1Ki 19:11  And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind <7307> rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind <7307> : and after the wind <7307> an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:
2Ki 19:7  Behold, I will send a blast <7307> upon him, and he shall hear a rumour, and shall return to his own land; and I will cause him to fall by the sword in his own land.
Job 1:19  And, behold, there came a great wind <7307> from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
Job 4:9  By the blast of God they perish, and by the breath <7307> of his nostrils are they consumed.
Job 6:26  Do ye imagine to reprove words, and the speeches of one that is desperate, which are as wind <7307> ?
Job 7:7  O remember that my life is wind <7307> : mine eye shall no more see good.
Job 8:2  How long wilt thou speak these things? and how long shall the words of thy mouth be like a strong wind <7307> ?
Job 9:18  He will not suffer me to take my breath <7307> , but filleth me with bitterness.
Job 12:10  In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath <7307> of all mankind.
Job 15:2  Should a wise man utter vain <7307> knowledge, and fill his belly with the east wind?
Job 15:30  He shall not depart out of darkness; the flame shall dry up his branches, and by the breath <7307> of his mouth shall he go away.
Job 16:3  Shall vain <7307> words have an end? or what emboldeneth thee that thou answerest?
Job 17:1  My breath <7307> is corrupt, my days are extinct, the graves are ready for me.
Job 19:17  My breath <7307> is strange to my wife, though I intreated for the children’s sake of mine own body.
Job 21:18  They are as stubble before the wind <7307> , and as chaff that the storm carrieth away.
Job 28:25  To make the weight for the winds <7307> ; and he weigheth the waters by measure.
Job 30:15  Terrors are turned upon me: they pursue my soul as the wind <7307> : and my welfare passeth away as a cloud.
Job 30:22  Thou liftest me up to the wind <7307> ; thou causest me to ride upon it, and dissolvest my substance.
Job 37:21  And now men see not the bright light which is in the clouds: but the wind <7307> passeth, and cleanseth them.
Job 41:16  One is so near to another, that no air <7307> can come between them.
Ps 1:4  The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind <7307> driveth away.
Ps 11:6  Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest <7307> : this shall be the portion of their cup.
Ps 18:10  And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind <7307> .
Ps 18:15  Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at thy rebuke, O LORD, at the blast of the breath <7307> of thy nostrils.
Ps 18:42  Then did I beat them small as the dust before the wind <7307> : I did cast them out as the dirt in the streets.
Ps 33:6  By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath <7307> of his mouth.
Ps 35:5  Let them be as chaff before the wind <7307> : and let the angel of the LORD chase them.
Ps 48:7  Thou breakest the ships of Tarshish with an east wind <7307> .
Ps 55:8 I would hasten my escape from the windy <7307> storm and tempest.
Ps 104:29 Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath <7307> , they die, and return to their dust.
Ps 107:25  For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind <7307> , which lifteth up the waves thereof.
Ps 135:7  He causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings for the rain; he bringeth the wind <7307> out of his treasuries.
Ps 135:17  They have ears, but they hear not; neither is there any breath <7307> in their mouths.
Ps 146:4  His breath <7307> goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.
Ps 147:18  He sendeth out his word, and melteth them: he causeth his wind <7307> to blow, and the waters flow.
Ps 148:8  Fire, and hail; snow, and vapour; stormy wind <7307> fulfilling his word:
Pr 11:29  He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind <7307> : and the fool shall be servant to the wise of heart.
Pr 25:14  Whoso boasteth himself of a false gift is like clouds and wind <7307> without rain.
Pr 25:23  The north wind <7307> driveth away rain: so doth an angry countenance a backbiting tongue.
Pr 25:28  He that hath no rule over his own spirit <7307> is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.
Pr 27:16  Whosoever hideth her hideth the wind <7307> , and the ointment of his right hand, which bewrayeth itself.
Pr 29:11  A fool uttereth all his mind <7307> : but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
Pr 30:4  Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind <7307> in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son’s name, if thou canst tell?
Ec 1:6  The wind <7307> goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind <7307> returneth again according to his circuits.
Ec 5:16  And this also is a sore evil, that in all points as he came, so shall he go: and what profit hath he that hath laboured for the wind <7307>
Ec 11:4  He that observeth the wind <7307> shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap.
Isa 7:2  And it was told the house of David, saying, Syria is confederate with Ephraim. And his heart was moved, and the heart of his people, as the trees of the wood are moved with the wind <7307>
Isa 11:4  But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath <7307> of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
Isa 11:15  And the LORD shall utterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian sea; and with his mighty wind <b><7307> shall he shake his hand over the river, and shall smite it in the seven streams, and make men go over dryshod.
Isa 17:13  The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters: but God shall rebuke them, and they shall flee far off, and shall be chased as the chaff of the mountains before the wind <7307> , and like a rolling thing before the whirlwind.
Isa 25:4  For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast <7307> of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.
Isa 26:18 We have been with child, we have been in pain, we have as it were brought forth wind <7307> ; we have not wrought any deliverance in the earth; neither have the inhabitants of the world fallen.
Isa 27:8 In measure, when it shooteth forth, thou wilt debate with it: he stayeth his rough wind <7307> in the day of the east wind.
Isa 30:28  And his breath <7307> , as an overflowing stream, shall reach to the midst of the neck, to sift the nations with the sieve of vanity: and there shall be a bridle in the jaws of the people, causing them to err.
Isa 32:2  And a man shall be as an hiding place from the wind <7307> , and a covert from the tempest; as rivers of water in a dry place, as the shadow of a great rock in a weary land.
Isa 41:16  Thou shalt fan them, and the wind <7307> shall carry them away, and the whirlwind shall scatter them: and thou shalt rejoice in the LORD, and shalt glory in the Holy One of Israel.
Isa 41:29  Behold, they are all vanity; their works are nothing: their molten images are wind <7307> and confusion.
Isa 57:13  When thou criest, let thy companies deliver thee; but the wind <7307> shall carry them all away; vanity shall take them: but he that putteth his trust in me shall possess the land, and shall inherit my holy mountain;
Isa 64:6  But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind <7307> , have taken us away.
Jer 2:24  A wild ass used to the wilderness, that snuffeth up the wind <7307> at her pleasure; in her occasion who can turn her away? all they that seek her will not weary themselves; in her month they shall find her.
Jer 4:11  At that time shall it be said to this people and to Jerusalem, A dry wind <7307> of the high places in the wilderness toward the daughter of my people, not to fan, nor to cleanse,
Jer 4:12  Even a full wind <7307> from those places shall come unto me: now also will I give sentence against them.
Jer 5:13  And the prophets shall become wind <7307> , and the word is not in them: thus shall it be done unto them.
Jer 10:13</b>  When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens, and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind <7307> out of his treasures.
Jer 10:14  Every man is brutish in his knowledge: every founder is confounded by the graven image: for his molten image is falsehood, and there is no breath <7307> in them.
Jer 13:24  Therefore will I scatter them as the stubble that passeth away by the wind <7307> of the wilderness.
Jer 14:6  And the wild asses did stand in the high places, they snuffed up the wind <7307> like dragons; their eyes did fail, because there was no grass.
Jer 18:17  I will scatter them as with an east wind <7307> before the enemy; I will shew them the back, and not the face, in the day of their calamity.
Jer 22:22  The wind <7307> shall eat up all thy pastors, and thy lovers shall go into captivity: surely then shalt thou be ashamed and confounded for all thy wickedness.
Jer 49:32  And their camels shall be a booty, and the multitude of their cattle a spoil: and I will scatter into all winds <7307> them that are in the utmost corners; and I will bring their calamity from all sides thereof, saith the LORD.
Jer 49:36  And upon Elam will I bring the four winds <7307> from the four quarters of heaven, and will scatter them toward all those winds <7307> ; and there shall be no nation whither the outcasts of Elam shall not come.
Jer 51:1  Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will raise up against Babylon, and against them that dwell in the midst of them that rise up against me, a destroying wind <7307> ;
Jer 51:16  When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens; and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth: he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind <7307> out of his treasures.
Jer 51:17  Every man is brutish by his knowledge; every founder is confounded by the graven image: for his molten image is falsehood, and there is no breath <7307> in them.
Jer 52:23  And there were ninety and six pomegranates on a side <7307> ; and all the pomegranates upon the network were an hundred round about.
La 4:20  The breath <7307> of our nostrils, the anointed of the LORD, was taken in their pits, of whom we said, Under his shadow we shall live among the heathen.
Eze 1:4  And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind <7307> came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.
Eze 5:2  Thou shalt burn with fire a third part in the midst of the city, when the days of the siege are fulfilled: and thou shalt take a third part, and smite about it with a knife: and a third part thou shalt scatter in the wind <7307> ; and I will draw out a sword after them.
Eze 5:10  Therefore the fathers shall eat the sons in the midst of thee, and the sons shall eat their fathers; and I will execute judgments in thee, and the whole remnant of thee will I scatter into all the winds <7307> .
Eze 5:12  A third part of thee shall die with the pestilence, and with famine shall they be consumed in the midst of thee: and a third part shall fall by the sword round about thee; and I will scatter a third part into all the winds <7307> , and I will draw out a sword after them.
Eze 11:5  And the Spirit <7307> of the LORD fell upon me, and said unto me, Speak; Thus saith the LORD; Thus have ye said, O house of Israel: for I know the things that come into your mind <7307> , every one of them.
Eze 12:14  And I will scatter toward every wind <7307> all that are about him to help him, and all his bands; and I will draw out the sword after them.
Eze 13:11  Say unto them which daub it with untempered morter, that it shall fall: there shall be an overflowing shower; and ye, O great hailstones, shall fall; and a stormy wind <7307> shall rend it.
Eze 13:13  Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even rend it with a stormy wind <7307> in my fury; and there shall be an overflowing shower in mine anger, and great hailstones in my fury to consume it.
Eze 17:10  Yea, behold, being planted, shall it prosper? shall it not utterly wither, when the east wind <7307> toucheth it? it shall wither in the furrows where it grew.
Eze 17:21  And all his fugitives with all his bands shall fall by the sword, and they that remain shall be scattered toward all winds <7307> : and ye shall know that I the LORD have spoken it.
Eze 19:12  But she was plucked up in fury, she was cast down to the ground, and the east wind <7307> dried up her fruit: her strong rods were broken and withered; the fire consumed them.
Eze 20:32  And that which cometh into your mind <7307> shall not be at all, that ye say, We will be as the heathen, as the families of the countries, to serve wood and stone.
Eze 27:26  Thy rowers have brought thee into great waters: the east wind <7307> hath broken thee in the midst of the seas.
Eze 37:5  Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath <7307> to enter into you, and ye shall live:
Eze 37:6  And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath <7307> in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
Eze 37:8  And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath <7307> in them.
Eze 37:9  Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind <7307> , prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind <7307> , Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds <7307> , O breath <7307> , and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.
Eze 37:10  So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath <7307> came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
Eze 42:16  He measured the east side <7307> with the measuring reed, five hundred reeds, with the measuring reed round about.
Eze 42:17  He measured the north side <7307> , five hundred reeds, with the measuring reed round about.
Eze 42:18  He measured the south side <7307> , five hundred reeds, with the measuring reed.
Eze 42:19  He turned about to the west side <7307> , and measured five hundred reeds with the measuring reed.
Eze 42:20  He measured it by the four sides <7307> : it had a wall round about, five hundred reeds long, and five hundred broad, to make a separation between the sanctuary and the profane place.
Da 8:8  Therefore the he goat waxed very great: and when he was strong, the great horn was broken; and for it came up four notable ones toward the four winds <7307> of heaven.
Da 11:4  And when he shall stand up, his kingdom shall be broken, and shall be divided toward the four winds <7307> of heaven; and not to his posterity, nor according to his dominion which he ruled: for his kingdom shall be plucked up, even for others beside those.
Ho 4:19  The wind <7307> hath bound her up in her wings, and they shall be ashamed because of their sacrifices.
Ho 8:7  For they have sown the wind <7307> , and they shall reap the whirlwind: it hath no stalk: the bud shall yield no meal: if so be it yield, the strangers shall swallow it up.
Ho 12:1  Ephraim feedeth on wind <7307> , and followeth after the east wind: he daily increaseth lies and desolation; and they do make a covenant with the Assyrians, and oil is carried into Egypt.
Ho 13:15  Though he be fruitful among his brethren, an east wind shall come, the wind <7307> of the LORD shall come up from the wilderness, and his spring shall become dry, and his fountain shall be dried up: he shall spoil the treasure of all pleasant vessels.
Am 4:13  For, lo, he that formeth the mountains, and createth the wind <7307> , and declareth unto man what is his thought, that maketh the morning darkness, and treadeth upon the high places of the earth, The LORD, The God of hosts, is his name.
Jon 1:4  But the LORD sent out a great wind <7307> into the sea, and there was a mighty tempest in the sea, so that the ship was like to be broken.
Jon 4:8  And it came to pass, when the sun did arise, that God prepared a vehement east wind <7307> ; and the sun beat upon the head of Jonah, that he fainted, and wished in himself to die, and said, It is better for me to die than to live.
Hab 1:11  Then shall his mind <7307> change, and he shall pass over, and offend, imputing this his power unto his god.
Hab 2:19  Woe unto him that saith to the wood, Awake; to the dumb stone, Arise, it shall teach! Behold, it is laid over with gold and silver, and there is no breath <7307> at all in the midst of it.
Zec 2:6  Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds <7307> of the heaven, saith the LORD.
Zec 5:9  Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind <7307> was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven.

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenton Hepburn