Jehovah`s Witness/who is coming

Question
please explain this. Revelation 1:7 who is the one that was pierced when he was nailed up to die? Jesus!
But verse 8 says that it is Jehovah God who “is coming.”
Could it be that there are two who are coming? No! Verse 8 refers to “the One who … is coming.”
Revelation 1:8 states clearly that Jehovah God is the Alpha and the Omega.

Note what he says at Reve¬lation 22:12-13: “Look! I am coming quickly … I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last. . . .'” Therefore Jehovah God is coming quickly.
But notice the response when he says it again: “Yes; I am coming quickly. Amen! Come, Lord Jesus” (22:20, NWT).
talking about twisting scripture God bless

Answer
Hello Rano,

No we have not twisted any scriptures.  I'll show you why.  First, you are correct in that Revelation 1:7 is speaking of Jesus.  And you are correct that Revelation 1:8 is speaking of Jehovah God, the Almighty who is called the Alpha and the Omega (which are the first and the last letters of the Greek alphabet)

Let's back up a bit because Revelations is a book of the Bible that needs to be carefully read otherwise people could get confused about who is speaking and who is being spoken about, etc.  Let's read Revelation 1:1,2 to see get some clarification.

Rev. 1:1,2 "A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent his angel and presented it in signs through him to his slave John, 2 who bore witness to the word God gave and to the witness Jesus Christ gave, yes, to all the things he saw."

So if you read this carefully you will notice that the book of Revelation says, God, who is the Almighty, Jehovah, gave Jesus Christ a revelation, (revelation means revealing), Jesus thus sent his angel who presented this revelation given to Jesus by God in signs to John.  And John bore witness to the word God gave AND to the witness Jesus Christ gave as well as to all the things he saw.  So we see that John is actually bearing witness, or speaking about, things coming from both Jehovah and Jesus, as well as the angel, and what he saw.  

Thus we have to distinguish correctly who is speaking and who is being spoken about, since Jesus has never claimed to be Almighty God Jehovah, but His Son.  He even said that his Father Jehovah was greater than he was (John 14:28).

You said: "Could it be that there are two who are coming? No!"

Let's see what the Bible says about your statement, as with anything, we always want to go by what the Bible says, do you agree?  

Let's examine Revelation chapter 22.  It is apparent that several ones are represented as speaking in this chapter.

Rev. 22:8,9 shows that the angel spoke to John:

Rev. 22:8,9 "Well I, John, was the one hearing and seeing these things. When I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing me these things. 9 But he tells me: “Be careful! Do not do that! I am only a fellow slave of you and of your brothers the prophets and of those observing the words of this scroll. Worship God.”

Rev. 22:16, shows Jesus speaking to John:

Rev. 22:16, “‘I, Jesus, sent my angel to bear witness to you about these things for the congregations. I am the root and the offspring of David and the bright morning star.’”

Rev. 22:17, the first part shows the spirit and the bride speaking:

Rev. 22:17, "And the spirit and the bride keep on saying, “Come!” and let anyone hearing say, “Come!” and let anyone thirsting come; let anyone who wishes take life’s water free."

Rev. 22:20, the latter part shows John himself is speaking:

Rev. 22:20, “The one who bears witness of these things says, ‘Yes, I am coming quickly.’” “Amen! Come, Lord Jesus.”

Now in Rev. 22 verses 12-15 we see the Alpha and Omega, and that is attributed to Jehovah, and in verse 12 where it says, "I am coming quickly and the reward I give is with me, to repay each one according to his work" does not require that it is speaking of Jesus because God also speaks of himself as "coming" to execute judgment. Let's read:

Isaiah 26:21 "For look! Jehovah is coming from his place To call the inhabitants of the land to account for their error, And the land will expose her bloodshed And will no longer cover over her slain.”  

Also compare Psalm 62:12 (as it's quoted in the latter part of Rev. 22:12) "Also loyal love is yours, O Jehovah, For you repay each one according to his deeds."

Malachi 3:1-6 (speaks of a joint coming for judgement regarding Jehovah and his messenger of the covenant) "Look! I am sending my messenger, and he will clear up a way before me. And suddenly the true Lord, whom you are seeking, will come to his temple; and the messenger of the covenant will come, in whom you take delight. Look! He will certainly come,” says Jehovah of armies.

2 “But who will endure the day of his coming, and who will be able to stand when he appears? For he will be like the fire of a refiner and like the lye of laundrymen. 3 And he will sit as a refiner and cleanser of silver and will cleanse the sons of Leʹvi; and he will clarify them like gold and like silver, and they will certainly become to Jehovah people presenting a gift offering in righteousness. 4 And the gift offering of Judah and of Jerusalem will actually be pleasing to Jehovah, as in the days of long ago and as in the years of antiquity.

5 “I will come near to you for judgment, and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, against the adulterers, against those who take false oaths, against those who defraud the hired worker, the widow, and the fatherless child, and against those who refuse to help the foreigner. These have not feared me,” says Jehovah of armies.

6 “For I am Jehovah; I do not change. And you are sons of Jacob; you have not yet come to your finish."

Isaiah 40:10 "Look! The Sovereign Lord Jehovah will come with power, And his arm will rule for him. Look! His reward is with him, And the wage he pays is before him."

Sorry Rano but the Bible does not agree with your accusations!  

Good day,

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T