Jehovah`s Witness/Concerns about JWs

I'm studying the Bible with JW's and I take my studies very seriously as I want to be 100% sure that what I believe is the complete undeniable, verifiable truth.

I have read some past publications of the JW's and I'm disturbed by the following points. I spoke to an elder about these matters and I noticed he became very defensive and told me I'm developing a critical attitude. These concerns came from reading the JW publications directly.

01. C.T. Russell (1st president) said in a WT that reading the Bible alone is dangerous without the WT publications. How is that possible? Why would God inspire a book that is impossible to read and understand without the WT publications?

02. The WT stated in the finished mystery that the time of the end started in 1799. It also stated that 1874 marked the invisible return of Christ and that he began to rule invisibly in 1878. Also stated as fact was that the end would come in 1914. All these dates have changed many many times. If God directs the JW's, how is it possible that they constantly change their doctrines? Where and how did they come up with these doctrines? Men or God?

03. End of the world predictions: The Watchtower Society had predicted the end of the world for 1914, 1915, 1918, 1925, 1941, 1975 and most recently in 2000 in the 1/1/89 Watchtower (later changed in the bound volume). Where did they get these ideas.....from GOD or men?

04. The Watchtower Society built a mansion in San Diego, California called Beth Sarim (house of princes 1929). The book Salvation page.311 and brochure Millions now living will never die p.89 & 90 stated that the prophets of old will live there once resurrected. The only one who     enjoyed that mansion along with two 16 cylinder Cadillacs was J.F.Rutherford second President of JW's. Where on earth did Jehovah's Witnesses get these conclusions and at the same time tell the world if anyone doesn't believe them they will be destroyed at Armageddon?

05. Why is the verse at Deuteronomy 18:20-22 ignored by Jehovah's Witnesses? There it clearly states what a false prophet is. Yet that verse is not mentioned in the Reasoning book at all!! Why????

06. Why aren't JW's allowed to ask their leaders any question that troubles them? JW's are obligated to accept any doctrine, policy and interpretation that comes from the Governing Body even if it contradicts scripture!! The unity and love that JW's show is superficial and conditional. The moment someone disagrees with the Governing Body they are disfellowshipped and called evil names such as mentally diseased and apostate.

07. Child Molestation.... JWs are quick to point the finger at the Catholic Church about their handling of Child molesters. However,the policies of the JWs are the same! They do not report to authorities unless required by law. They do not inform the Congregation members if there's a molester in their midst. Elders are told to call the WT legal Dept instead of calling the police first. Recent lawsuits against the WT for protecting molesters include Candace Conti, Gonzalo Campos, Osbaldo Pardon and many others. In 2015, in Australia the Royal Commission convened and brought to light over 1000 cases of Child molestations that were not reported to authorities by the JWs in a span of 50 yrs.
JWs elders were instructed in a letter dated 03/14/1997 to send to Brooklyn headquarters the names of all members who have confessed or been accused of molesting children. Now a court in California (in the Osbaldo Pardon case; Irwin Zalkin attorney for plaintiff) is demanding that they hand over that database of Child molesters and the WT REFUSES TO COMPLY. Every day that goes by without them turning in that list  carries a $4,000 fine. What about Romans chapter 13 about obeying the authorities?! Hypocrisy??!!!

Please help me with these questions!

Thanks for writing. I appreciate your desire to find out the real truth in regards to the Organization and whether it aligns with scripture. However, I do believe that your questions were intended for an actual practicing JW. I am not one. I am actually here to try and help convince you that the WBTS is a false teacher. If you already know that about me and would still like me to address the questions, please send them to me one at a time in order to keep the responses briefer for other readers.

That being said, my word of advice for you is to know and memorize scripture first and then when you know what the Bible teaches, you can then know when you pick up the Watchtower, whether or not it is telling the truth.

Please write back if you would like me (a non-JW) to address your questions.

God bless,

Jehovah`s Witness

Ben Erdman

I will attempt to answer any questions that have to do with major Jehovah’s Witness doctrine. I will also try to give an accurate and honest explanation from the "Truth" (the Word of God). I am not a Jehovah’s Witness. I was never baptized as one. I am a "witness" for Christ. I love talking about God and the piercing Word that He has provided for us. If I don't know the answer to a question I will be more than happy to research it and get an answer. So, let’s talk.

I have grown up in the religion known as Jehovah’s Witnesses. Nearly all of my family (immediate and extended) are Jehovah’s Witnesses. I have been to probably hundreds of meetings, several assemblies and have had many in-depth bible studies with Witnesses. I love these people and admire their great zeal to do what they believe is truth. I have done extensive research into this area. I have a great passion in Jehovah’s Witness doctrine and beliefs.

I do not have any particular educational credentials that affect this field. I believe that I have been very educated in this field of Jehovah’s Witness doctrine by my own experience and extensive studies. I also believe in my heart that the Spirit of God has educated me in this area and will continue to do so.