Jehovah`s Witness/The Law

QUESTION: Why do Jehovah Witnesses believe that the Ten Commandments are done away with?
If the Ten Commandments are done away with then there is no more sin and therefore no need for a Saviour Jesus. Jesus would not have to come to with world to die as a ransom for ours sins because there would be no sin to die for to pay its penalty.  
The Holy Spirit convicts of of our sins so if the Ten Commandments are done away with then there would be no need for Holy Spirit to convict of sin because there is no sin without the Ten Commandments.

ANSWER: Hello Timothy,

Jehovah's Witnesses believe what God's word the Bible says, and the Ten Commandments are part of the Law of Moses.  That Law was abolished as a written code, it was done away with because when Jesus Christ came he fulfilled the written Law. That written Law was a covenant or contract between Jehovah and the nation of Israel, for example if you hire someone to do work for you and you sign a contract, the person fulfills the contract not by ripping it up but by finishing the work, once the work is done, the person has fulfilled the contract and is no longer under obligation to you.  That's what Jesus did when he came and died for us he fulfilled the written Law covenant or contract.

Matthew 5:17 "Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill."

So that contract or written law covenant was no longer needed as Christ fulfilled it which ended the obligation to it, Christ is the end of the Law the Bible tells us.  As Christians we are now under the Law of the Christ. You have a zeal for God Timothy, but as the Bible says, it's not according to accurate knowledge, and that is very important.

Romans 10:2-4 "For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to accurate knowledge. 3 For because of not knowing the righteousness of God but seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the Law, so that everyone exercising faith may have righteousness."

Romans 7:6 "But now we have been released from the Law, because we have died to that which restrained us, in order that we might be slaves in a new sense by the spirit and not in the old sense by the written code."

Ephesians 2:15 "By means of his flesh he abolished the enmity, the Law of commandments consisting in decrees, in order to make the two groups in union with himself into one new man and to make peace,"

Romans 2:29 "But he is a Jew who is one on the inside, and his circumcision is that of the heart by spirit and not by a written code. That person’s praise comes from God, not from people."

Galatians 6:2 "Go on carrying the burdens of one another, and in this way you will fulfill the law of the Christ."

Not sure why you would think that if the Law of Moses was done away with then there is no more sin. Is it because Paul said without the Law he would not know about covetousness?  The Law of Moses was not even given until after Jehovah God freed the Israelite's from slavery under the Egyptians and the Law was given for a reason and had a time limit the Bible shows, it would end once Jesus, the offspring, arrived on earth and died for us.  

Galatians 3:19 "Why, then, the Law? It was added to make transgressions manifest, until the offspring should arrive to whom the promise had been made; and it was transmitted through angels by the hand of a mediator"

Galatians 3:23,24 "However, before the faith arrived, we were being guarded under law, being handed over into custody, looking to the faith that was about to be revealed. 24 So the Law became our guardian leading to Christ, so that we might be declared righteous through faith. 25 But now that the faith has arrived, we are no longer under a guardian."

The Bible says sin came from Adam's disobedience, and God put into action the means for our salvation (by sending his Son Jesus to die for us) by uttering the first prophecy in the Garden of Eden.

Gen. 3:15 "And I will put enmity between you and the woman and between your offspring and her offspring. He will crush your head, and you will strike him in the heel."

Romans 5:12 "That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned."

Being under the law of Moses would mean that you still offer animal sacrifices as atonement for sins, yet Jesus died once for all time for our sins did he not? (1 Peter 3:18; Hebrews 9:28; Romans 6:10) If you are under the Law of Moses then you have to do all of it, the Ten Commandments was just the basis for the more than 600 decrees given. You can't pick and choose which ones you do, it doesn't work like that as this scripture shows.

James 2:10,11  "For if anyone obeys all the Law but makes a false step in one point, he has become an offender against all of it. 11 For the one who said, “You must not commit adultery,” also said, “You must not murder.” If, now, you do not commit adultery but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of law."

But the principles behind the written code are still important, Love is the driving force behind the law of the Christ.  Because if you have love for one another, then you won't commit wrongs against them to begin with, if you love Jehovah God you won't do things that you know he does not approve of.  

Mark 12:29-31 "Jesus answered: “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah, 30 and you must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind and with your whole strength.’ 31 The second is this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Even though we are no longer under a written code, as Jesus' dying for us ended that.  We are under the law of Christ, which incorporates the principles behind the written code that God gave to ONLY the Israelite's.  If you remember, Job was a faithful servant of Jehovah God and he was not under the Law of Moses, he was not an Israelite.  Think about that.

Good day,

Sister T

QUESTION: The very first Commandment that you tell me is no longer binding is Thou Shalt Have no other God's before Me.

I do not need to worship The Great Almighty Jehovah Yahweh ANYMORE!!!!

ANSWER: Timothy,

Obviously you didn't care to read or understand anything I wrote and took the time to explain to you at all!  Now you are trying to twist things around.  This is not a game, so please stop it.  

But let's be honest, you don't profess to "worship The Great Almighty Jehovah Yahweh" to begin with, what do you mean by "ANYMORE!!!!"?  You have shown that you believe in the Trinity.  You have shown that you think Jesus is Almighty God so why should it matter to you?  You have been disowning and disrespecting Jehovah as God for years!  Or do you now agree with the Bible that only Jehovah (Yahweh) is the Almighty God and only should be worshiped?  Otherwise you are now contradicting yourself!  But I think you are ridiculing and making fun.  What ever game you're playing, it's not cute.   

Did I not say that Jesus fulfilled the law and we are under the law of the Christ?  Even though we are no longer under a written code, as Jesus' dying for us ended that.  We are under the law of Christ, which incorporates the principles behind the written code that God gave to ONLY the Israelite's.  

What did Christ Jesus say?

Matthew 4:10 "Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

Enough is enough! God is looking at your mockery Timothy!

Galatians 6:7 "Do not be misled: God is not one to be mocked. For whatever a person is sowing, this he will also reap"

You should take heed to what the Pharisee named Ga·maʹli·el said before you get to the point of no return:

Acts 5:38,39  "So under the present circumstances, I say to you, do not meddle with these men, but let them alone. For if this scheme or this work is from men, it will be overthrown; 39 but if it is from God, you will not be able to overthrow them. Otherwise, you may even be found fighters against God himself.”

Many have tried over the years to overthrow servants of Jehovah, but as is proven fact, we continue to expand and grow and increase the world over.  Why?  Because it is from God, do not be found as a fighter against God himself Timothy.  You need to think and slow it down!

Good day

Sister T

QUESTION: I John 2:4 He that saith I know Him and keepeth not His Commandments is a liar and the truth is not in him.
Why do you tell me that I do not know HIM The Almighty God Jehovah !!! Why judge me. The Bible says that if you do not keep His Commandments you are a liar and the truth is not in you.
So, why judge me???? I can say the same to you!!!! Just because you take a name for God does not make you in favor with Him!!!
Fulfilling the Law of God is to live the Law of God. Matthew 5:17-19 Verses 18 and 19 tells us how important to keep The Law of God Is.
Matthew 3:15 Jesus said that He must fulfill all righteousness through baptism. If Fulfill means to do away with then no need for baptism!!!!!! Either

Hello Timothy,

Please no need to get so angry with yelling and screaming.  You are missing the point in everything I said. God has commandments, I never said he did not Timothy.  But in order to be approved by God you must worship him in complete TRUTH!  (John 4:23,24) If your worship is not in Truth then it's not acceptable to God.  That's not me judging you that's what the Bible says.  I am not the author nor the writer of the Bible.  You are right using God's name Jehovah does not make anyone be in his favor, it's the doing of his Will that does that.

You have shown that you do not worship Jehovah as God, you have shown that you believe in the Trinity, do you now deny that?  Do you now deny that you believe Jesus is Almighty God?  

You do not keep Jehovah God's commandments (the Law of the Christ) because you worship other gods before Him, Triune gods.  You can't say you worship Jehovah exclusively when you worship and pray to his son Jesus.  There is no getting around what you are doing.  That is not me judging you because the Bible has already condemned what you believe.

Obviously you do not understand what I explained about the Law covenant between Jehovah God and the nation of Israel. Maybe you need to go back and re-read slowly what I wrote instead of getting so upset.  I am not trying to make you upset, but making a mockery of what God says in the Bible is not a wise thing to do.  

The Bible also tells us that we are to warn people and tell them what God says, if they refuse that's on them.  (Ezekiel 3:18-21; Matthew 28:19,20) I told you and have been telling you for years but you just don't get it.  Do you know who else just didn't get it?  Jesus spoke of such ones.

Matthew 13:10,11 "So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11 In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted."

Matthew 13:13-15  "That is why I speak to them by the use of illustrations; for looking, they look in vain, and hearing, they hear in vain, nor do they get the sense of it. 14 And the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled in their case. It says: ‘You will indeed hear but by no means get the sense of it, and you will indeed look but by no means see. 15 For the heart of this people has grown unreceptive, and with their ears they have heard without response, and they have shut their eyes, so that they might never see with their eyes and hear with their ears and get the sense of it with their hearts and turn back and I heal them.’"

Instead of getting angry with me because you do not like what the Bible says, maybe you should take heed as to WHY you don't get it. Stop listening to doctrines of men and teachings of demons. (1 Timothy 4:1) One cannot eat of Jehovah’s table and at the same time feed from the table of demons. (1 Corinthians 10:21) Maybe you need to humble your heart before Jehovah God and ask him for forgiveness and help, stop with your hatred towards Jehovah's people.  Because as of now, he is not granting you understanding.

Also Baptism was not part of the Law of Moses, Timothy. See what I mean...I'll leave it at that for now...

Good day

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)