Jehovah`s Witness/About war in heaven

Greetings Sister T,
I have really enjoyed your comments over these past months and perhaps you can straighten my thinking out on the question or questions I am going to ask.
The "War in heaven" with Michael and His angels versus Satan and his angels; am I correct in saying this happen in 1914? And after the "war in heaven" which Satan lost, he was cast down to the vicinity of the earth never to return to heaven. If I'm correct, (please correct me if I'm not)and this is why the earth is in such a turmoil today as the devil knows he has such a short period of time to sway us away from Jehovah...
If Satan was in heaven before 1914 or in heaven before he fought with Jesus, then why all the badness in the world prior to Satan's demize? Was it because of Adam and Eve disobeying Jehiovah in Eden?
Sister T, if anyone on the panel can straighten my thinking out, I know it will be you with the help of the Bible. You and a few more on the panel are truly gifts from Jehovah and for the most part, you and the others are really appreciated on this forum.

Many thanks, many thanks!!!!

Greetings, and thank you for writing,

First let me say I truly appreciate your kind words, Jehovah God truly gets all the praise, honor, and glory.  

That is an excellent question.  You are correct that in 1914 when Jesus started ruling as King in heaven he ousted Satan and his demons out of heaven for good.  They can no longer go back to heaven. Yes he has great anger knowing he has a short period of time, and the earth has seen global woes since 1914, in fact World War I began in 1914.  

You are correct about Adam and Eve having a part in the troubles on earth before Satan was thrown down here, as their disobedience caused all of us to be imperfect and sinful.  (Romans 5:12).  But theres more.  Where was Satan at when he caused the serpent to speak to Eve and deceive her?  He was down here on earth right in the Garden of Eden.  

Gen. 3:1,2  "Now the serpent was the most cautious of all the wild animals of the field that Jehovah God had made. So it said to the woman: “Did God really say that you must not eat from every tree of the garden?”  2 At this the woman said to the serpent: “We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden."

Satan had been going back and forth from heaven to earth.  We can see this from Job's time when Satan killed his children, and took away his livestock, and caused him great sickness.

Job 1:6 "Now the day came when the sons of the true God entered to take their station before Jehovah, and Satan also entered among them. 7 Then Jehovah said to Satan: “Where have you come from?” Satan answered Jehovah: “From roving about on the earth and from walking about in it.”

Those scriptures helps us to see that Satan was causing problems on earth way before he was thrown out of heaven for good in 1914.  The devil and his demons along with imperfect people who refuse to serve Jehovah as God is the reason for mankinds suffering before 1914 and after.  

It wasn't that Jehovah just put Satan on us, Satan has been down here since Adam and Eve was created, but Jehovah's purpose for this earth is moving forward and a major part of that is getting rid of Satan completely, first Jesus kicked him out of heaven, next he will be removed from the earth and why he is so angry because he knows he has a short period of time left until he is destroyed.  Ezekiel talks about Satan as he was a cherub but he turned bad.

Ezekiel 28:14-17 "I assigned you as the anointed covering cherub. You were on the holy mountain of God, and you walked about among fiery stones. 15 You were faultless in your ways from the day you were created Until unrighteousness was found in you.  16 Because of your abundant trade, You became filled with violence, and you began to sin. So I will cast you out as profane from the mountain of God and destroy you, O covering cherub, away from the stones of fire.  17 Your heart became haughty because of your beauty. You corrupted your wisdom because of your own glorious splendor. I will throw you down to the earth. I will make you a spectacle before kings."

I hope that answered your questions.

Take care

Sister T

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)