Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/white gold ring

REBECCA sunspun wrote at 2008-12-21 23:03:04
I also have a ring stamped "RSC" on the inner band. It's a man's ring, looks like gold to me, but I have no idea what it is, with a large RED gemstone-looking thing set into the center of the ring, and it also has 3 "diamond"-looking things set into each side of the ring (6 total), as if radiating from and perpendicular to the red center "stone".

I do not see any markings whatsoever on the ring anywhere, except for the RSC stamp.

So I thought maybe you had heard something about the "RSC" mark by now and could help me in determining if this is a pretty piece of cheap junk jewelry (which I enjoy as much as, if not more than fine jewelry, so I mean that in a NICE way!) OR if it's actually a valuable real gold and/or diamonds and/or ruby ring.

It feels nice and heavy to me, substantial, not thin or flimsy or bubblegum machine quality or anything. But I don't know much about that sort of thing, obviously.

Any comments?

bartha wrote at 2008-12-27 20:16:58
my ring has the same stamp on it 18KTGE an across it has has RSC  my ring also has a diamond on it which i don't know if it is real

danirla wrote at 2011-05-04 17:45:39
my ring has light green gemstone and 6 diamonds on each side, and in the inside the stamp says RSC. but i really want to know if its fine silver or white gold.. i got it as a gift

helen wrote at 2015-01-31 13:53:11
RSC is means R S Covenant which is a whole sale ring company.  

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Les Keller

With over 28 years in the jewelry industry we can answer most any questions you may have regarding "fine" jewelry, we cannot answer questions regarding "costume" jewelry or antique value jewelry unless it is diamond or gemstone related. In addition I cannot answer questions regarding Hallmarks or which jeweler made your item of jewelry. Please do not ask these questions as I am a diamond expert and jewelry designer.

I am a graduate of the Gemological Institute of America since August 1982, and have sold diamonds wholesale, custom mfg. and designed quality high end jewelry. I have appraised jewelry for government agencies and continue to deal with Insurance co. for replacement of lost jewelry.

Gemological Institute of America, 28 years experience in the Gem and Diamond Industry.