Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/circa 1950's poodle pin marked SAO

Beverly wrote at 2012-05-14 02:47:16
I have a necklace with the same tag attached to the claw clasp.  SAO Could it be something like silver alloy overlay?

Mrs Berry wrote at 2012-11-10 19:33:53
I have the same brooch and also thought it said SAO until I read this post and took a second look. The 'O' is in fact a 'C' inside a circle, a copyright symbol. This is one of the marks of the Samsan Jewelry Company of Rhode Island, which started producing jewelry in the early 1940s, founded Pasco Sammartino.

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Bill and Sally Jarrett

We are collectors, hobbyists and dealers in memorabilia and antiques - especially antique vintage and costume jewelry items. For 10 years we owned an antique shop here in Central Florida but retired and reopened a site on the internet that specializes mostly in antique jewelry and accessories such as perfume bottles, etc. Bill is informed on general antiques specializing in china and silver or sterling tablewares while Sally tends to jewelry and paper/advertising ephemera. We receive a lot of general questions from our site and would be glad to try and answer or give direction not considered for official appraisal purposes, i.e. estate or insurance.

10 years as antique shop owners 8 years as a jewelry designer supplying designs to Walt Disney World, Universal Studios and MGM as well well as other limited outlets.

JewelCollect Jewelry Ring Collectors Jewelry International

10 years as antique shop owners 8 years in jewelry design jewelry collector member various forums, clubs, educational organizations