Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/vintage jewelry makers mark

Barbara wrote at 2009-07-14 16:14:10
I have seen it C=R on a beautiful gold hinged band made for Cartier in 1940........the watch itself is Cartier...hope this is interesting to you.Barbara

Meg wrote at 2011-01-27 20:01:22
I have a brooch with the exact same mark on the back.  It is brass or bronze and there are some purple glass stones in it.  It belonged to an elderly relative and I was led to believe it is Victorian.  I have never been able to find that mark's significance, though I have seen some items with the same mark on online auction sites.

KT wrote at 2011-05-02 03:12:41
Hello,

These are old posts, so I am hopeful that someone has determined the origin of the C & R mark with triangle. I too have an art nouveau style piece with the same mark on back.  It is a beautiful silver (no stamp to indicate sterling) oval brooch with three purple glass stones. I haven't had any luck identifying the mark; Cohn and Rosenberger have many mark variations but no C&R and triangle encased in a circle. Any luck or suggestions out there?

Thank you!

Sharon wrote at 2013-02-05 00:18:01
I have also seen this mark, on a brooch that I bought at a yard sale at a senior community. The lady, probably in her 80s, said it was "very old" but had no other information. It is gold colored metal, and the design features swirls and flowers.. which look very art deco to me. The design appears to be "pressed in" I don't know the correct term, but it shows in reverse on the back side of the piece. If anyone knows anything about it I'd be interested in finding out the history. I collect vintage costume jewelry, but no one has had any information for me so far.  

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Bill and Sally Jarrett