Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Melting Gold

Dr.K wrote at 2016-01-15 15:48:21
I am probably a little late for the answer, but YES, gold can be refined actually very easily (The have done this for millennia). You basically need a kiln or very hot torch, a crucible, some litharge (Lead Oxide) or metallic lead, perhaps some silver, and nitric acid (industrial). Here is a website that discusses this sort of thing in detail:

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Melinda Nolan

I specialize in the design of hand carved, custom fine jewelry. I've been involved in the design and manufacturing of jewelry since the mid 90's and been studying gemstones my entire life. I am a certified diamond grader by the GIA (Gemological Institute of America) and have a Business Degree from Truman State University. I am the owner/designer of a retail jewelry store established in 1975 in St. Charles, MO.

Jewelers of America, AGTA (American Gem Trade Association), Retail Jewelers Organization (RJO), Board of United Services, St. Charles Chamber of Commerce, Grace Christian Church Worship Team.

St. Louis Business Journal, Saint Charles Magazine

Certified Diamond Grader - GIA, BS in Business/Marketing Truman State University