Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/what's the best electric drill or dremel for me?

caelian wrote at 2015-08-09 18:02:30
I too work with gemstones, seashells and clay in my artwork.  I have a kiln, so I can start from scratch and build my own pieces.  I find it easier to put the hole in the clay before I bisque-fire it, while it's still green and leather-hard.  Keeping in mind that the hole along with the rest of the piece will shrink, especially if you're doing a bisque and glaze firing. Probably goes without saying not to try to drill something that's been glazed - it will crack/chip the glaze and ruin the piece.

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Thomas