Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Removing fingernail polish from jewelry.

Anna wrote at 2014-06-12 02:09:04
Thank you!! This was so helpfull!! I had a bottle of nailpolish in my purse at cheer practice (im 15) along with my moms pearl necklace my dad gave her in high school. She let me wear the necklace to church sunday then we went out to the lake so i put it in the side pocket of my purse. At practice someone picked my purse up and slid it and the nail polish bottle cracked completly. The color was a dark neon purple. Annnd it got alll over her white pearls. I told her after practice and she got upset. Then my dad got mad. Then i spentnlike 2 hours cleaning them. They are now soaking in hot water just to make sure the remover comes off afterwards! Thanks agian!

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Have a question about jewelry repair or working with precious metal jewelry and gemstones? For many years up to December 31, 2010, I was a working professional bench jeweler, involved everyday with setting stones in mountings, designing and making jewelry, repairing and limited custom manufacture. If you work with jewelry as a hobby or as a profession, I might be able to help. I deal with the retail business, not mass production. Ask privately if you wish. See the box for that: It keeps your question between us. Please DO NOT ask MAKER'S MARKS, but metal quality marks are fine to ask. Please DO NOT ask diamond prices. See a gemologist for that.

I have extensive experience in design, service and making of jewelry. I deal mostly with precious metals and gemstones but work with many materials as needed and usable to create an artistic design. My experience also includes freelance photography and photographer of jewelry and similar items for a former employer and individuals. Design of custom items requires reading the desires of the client and being clear on what can be done within that framework...then fulfilling the transition of idea to reality. Effective communications is essential in a working designer/producer and customer relationship.

Education is English/Physics! Started in human resources, to advertising, to, what a road. I have had formal training in jewelry work and many shared experiences with top grade jewelers. We just never know were we will go or be. Follow your best, your dreams, with some discretion! Don't let the work tear up your body along the way as it has mine.