Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Diamelle and Tamiz Emerald

James B wrote at 2012-04-16 01:42:11
Actually these stones are real. They were prizes sent out in the 1980s from a gem collectors international publicity sweepstakes. The company was one of several owned by Steve Brown. Most all of them were under investigation for fraud claims. While real the stones were considered such low quality that they are virtually worthless.  

Carolyn wrote at 2013-03-22 18:55:03
I have two Austrian Diamelles and quite a few of the Tamaz Emeralds.  They say they were froma publicity sweepstakes.  I also have simulated rubies and CZ diamonds also from sweepstakes, but they are from Lindenwold Jewelers and they tried to get you to have them mount your stone in a ring, mecklace or ?.  I imagine it was a good money making project for them.

Starfire wrote at 2013-10-20 22:06:14
I have one of each of these,Austrian Diamelle, and a Tamiz Emerald I received one in 1986, the other in 1987. I believe they were with something I ordered out of a catalog. They are packaged exactly as the ones Peter has along with a Certificate of Authenticity. In other words genuine fakes. <G>

pj wrote at 2014-06-07 14:19:37
Hi!  I just happended to be going thru my lockbox and found ab out 8 to 10 of these little bags, each with a certificate of authenticity. I remember getting them and putting them away, did get them free with the purchase of something(can't remember what)back between 1985 and 1988. Figured at the time they weren't worth anything except finding a cheap setting for them. If it's helpful the diamelle  was a trademark of the New York firm of CVP for its faceted crystals.  Actual signature of company GCI of New York, N.Y. PLEASE DO NOT E-MAIL BACK--Have gotten too much garbage myself recently--Thanks

Bobbie wrote at 2014-09-07 23:54:13
I have some of these stones also. They were fifth prize or similar from Publicity Sweepstakes probably in the 1970's.

They are basically worthless although I have seen some for sale for a few cents to a few dollars.

Elaine wrote at 2015-01-18 23:25:03
I also have one of the 1/2 carat Austrian Diamelle. It came with "Certificate of Authenticity" GCI guarantees the stone to genuine but doesn't say genuine what just faceted an polished an ready to exhibit as part of your collections or setting in jewelry. The stone is in little bag that says Publicity Sweepstakes.. Looks like plastic an I'm glad I didn't pay for it.  

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Peter Lumetta