Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/ring with stones :)

Question
This may be pretty basic but I haven't a clue what I've found.
The ring itself has 3stones, a deep blue stone in the middle, & 2 white (maybe diamonds) on either side. Its stamped 18ct PLAT SYN
I'm not sure what this means. Also I'm wanting to know how much I can sell it for as I have no use for it.
Thank you

Answer
Hi Sophie

The 18ct is the gold weight, PLAT is either Platinum or Plated and SYN is for synthetic. If stomes are synthetic most likely the ring is Plated. Without seeing the ring I cannot give you a value. I also think you should get an expert opinion on the ring before you do anything. It takes personal inspection and testing to really know what the stones are and the what the ring is made of. Take it to a local gmmologist for a better evaluation. Thanks,

Peter

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Peter Lumetta